Pit

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Pit

Postby Pit on May 30th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Pit of the Poison Arrow

Basic Information

Race: Myrian
Birthday & Age: 71st of Winter, 467 A.V. (43 Years Old)

Physical Description

Technical Information
Skin: Tanned
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6"
Weight: 189 lbs.

Description
A muscular form with broad shoulders, hair more than shoulder length, and a short beard and mustache. Pit's right eye is lazy and tends to wander when not specifically focused. Although this is disconcerting to some he meets, it is due to a traumatic head injury in the not to distant past.

Character Concept
Pit is self sufficient due to his upbringing. Survival skills are a way of life for Myrians. He will kill what he must, and eat what ever is available. Pit travels with Doug, a friend of the family who happens to be a Pycon. Together these two adventurers seek knowledge, of not only present day Mizahar but also the hidden and dangerous past. Treasure hunting and whatever pays for their needs is what they do.

Personality
Confident in his abilities he has little need to fear others. Pit tends to be friendly and not overly aggressive, sometimes what you survive lends you a different perspective. Growing up in the jungle where anything that moves , as well some things that do not move, could cost you your life causes you to miss nothing going on around you.

Ethics
Pit believes rules are necessary for people to coexist. That said the first rule is always survival, if his life or the lives of friends and family are in danger survival rules. Pit has been known to step up as a defender of the those he feels are not capable of defending themselves.

Animals of all kinds are special to him. Pit is a predator who kills for food not pleasure. Animals are good companions and helpers in life not only a source of food and clothing. Along with Myri, Caiyha
is the focus and center of his beliefs.

Dislikes
Pit's dislikes are focused on the cruel: Slavers, Dhani, Symenestra, and Zith are not likely to be considered as friends.
Last edited by Pit on May 31st, 2010, 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pit
Player

Words: 5838
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2010, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Pit

Postby Pit on May 30th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Character History

Pre-Creation

Pit grew up as Myrian children do, playing at wrestling, fighting, and following the older family members around. Soon there were chores to do, gathering and learning about the food and herbs collected in the jungle. Lessons related to hand to hand combat, skinning and cleaning game. All learning expanded in stages and steps, building on the lessons of the past. Pit was not the best but always gave his best. After reaching adulthood he began a life in the military. Training with the bow, the spear and hand to hand fighting continued. Learning the jungle and the ways of the scouts required much of his time. Occasionally there were battles with humans greedy for land, Dhani patrols, or slavers seeking an exotic Myrian for the fighting pits.

While scouting the western edge of the jungle Pit's patrol encountered slavers. The tiger roarers were sounded and the Myrians attacked the slaver patrol. The slavers had set a trap and sacrificed some of their own to pull their prey into it. While engaging one slaver Pit was shot in the head at close range by a crossbow. The bolt bounced off but the damage was done.

When I woke I was barely able to see or hear and when I tried to rise my body didn't fully respond. The healers said my brain was swollen and there was nothing they could do to help me. That didn't mean I wouldn't get better; only time would tell. I became despondent, I felt useless and as though I was a burden to my family. One day Grandfather Blain came to see me. He said: “You might as well be useful, come live with me and I'll teach you about poison and the most lovely Caiyha.”

After moving in with Blain I had things to learn again. He knew all about poison but would only use the weakening and paralyzing poisons. Killing poisons leave the meat poisonous and so are wasteful in the eyes of Caiyha. Most of Blain's poisons were diluted versions of spider and snake venom mixed with plant sap to dilute and hold them to arrows and darts. All the time I was training Blain and his friend Doug, who was a Pycon, would mess with me. I used a short spear to help keep my balance and Doug would dart past me or toss things my way and holler “Watch out!” Blain would send me on errand after errand: “Go find me some more of these,” “Go milk the green viper,” on and on.

Then the tremors started with shaking and pain in my head. My coordination was improving but the new problems were worse. Blain left aunt Clair to watch me and was gone into the jungle for a week.
After returning Blain sat with me and told me he believed he could cure the seizures with a special poison, but the risk was my life. I had no second thoughts, I asked him to please try anything he could I have nothing to lose. The poison treatment was painful and I was unable to hold food down. Eventually I fell into a coma again.

When I finally woke I was very weak. Blain told me when he was younger he traveled to the Spires to seek Caiyha's teaching. Blain learned that even poison could be in balance, life as well as death in the right amount, and the right hands. Pit began to improve steadily, training daily, and gaining his weight back. Blain was not only his grandfather, his teacher, and his savior, he was the only one who had wanted him after after his injury.

After nearly four years he was more than he had ever been in his life. Pit had decided to travel, learning of new things and seeking out Caiyha's wisdom as had his grandfather. Doug it seemed wanted to travel with Pit on his journey. Goodbyes were shared with the family. Blain gave Pit a mortar and pestle as a parting gift.

Post-Creation
Last edited by Pit on May 31st, 2010, 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pit
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Pit

Postby Pit on May 30th, 2010, 6:18 pm

Training

Skills
5 Shortspear (5 SP)
5 Unarmed Combat (5 SP)
5 Shorbow, Composite (5 SP)
10 Tracking (10 RB)
5 Wilderness Survival (5 SP)
5 Hunting (5 SP)
5 Herbalism (5 SP)
5 Plant Identification (5 SP)
5 Medicine (5 SP)
5 Food preservation (5 SP)
5 Poison (5 SP)

Lores
Myrian Poison Crafting
Caiyha, according to Grandfather Blain
Last edited by Pit on May 30th, 2010, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pit
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Pit

Postby Pit on May 30th, 2010, 6:22 pm

Equipment

On Person

Leather Armor
Shortbow, Composite
Shortbow, Arrows [40]
Arrows Broad [20]
Shortspear[2]
Boots, High
Cloak, Wool
Breeches, Leather
Belt, Leather
Gloves, Leather
Jacket, Leather
Flask
Bird Call
Waterskin
Dagger, Sap Pommel

In Pack

Backpack
Eating knife
1 Set of Toiletries [comb,brush,razor,soap]
1 Set of Clothing,[Spare set of original clothing]
Healers, Kit
Flint And Steel
Whetstone

On Pony
War Pony
Bit And Bridle
Saddle, Riding
Saddle Bags, Large
Saddle, Pack
Feed [20 lb.]
Water Additive
Preserving Kit
Tent 1 Person
Fishing Kit
Travelers Stock
Rope Hemp [50 ft.]
Halter
Bedroll
Waterskin [1]
Canvas [1 sq.yd.]
Spade
Pot, Iron
Axe, Woodsman's
Mug, Clay [2]
Tobbaco [1 lb.]
Sugar[1 lb.]
Animal Snare, Small [2]
Walnuts[1 lb.]
Green Peas[1 lb.]
Wheat[5 lb.]
Chives[1 lb.]
Garlic[5 oz.]
Salt[10 oz.]
Chilies[1 lb.]
Tea Leaves[1 lb.]
Food for a week[SP]
Sage[10 oz.]
Last edited by Pit on May 30th, 2010, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pit
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Pit

Postby Pit on May 30th, 2010, 6:25 pm

Ledger

Current
217 GM
2 SM
9 CM

Income
100 GM (SP)
500 GM (No Home)

Expense
-382.71 GM (Starting Gear)
Last edited by Pit on May 30th, 2010, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pit
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Pit

Postby Pit on May 30th, 2010, 6:26 pm

Thread List
Pit
Player