Quick Reply Question

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Quick Reply Question

Postby Nastya on June 1st, 2010, 10:06 pm

A admin informed me that my Character Sheet needed improvement, and i fixed my coding and added the Lore's and other things. But when i went to edit my Character Sheet the quick reply box jumps up to the top of the page and covers up the edit button.
I have attempted to try and go back to my CS page, but the quick reply jumps up, covers half of the page, and i cant find a way to make it go away.

Is there a way i can make that go away? Or is there something wrong with my computer?
-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Nastya
The moon is peering in your cradle~

Words: 15587
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 2:11 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Quick Reply Question

Postby Gossamer on June 1st, 2010, 10:09 pm

You messed up the BBC code. If you open a frame one way, you need to close it another way. I'd use the back button in your browser to go back to where you were editing it... and make sure you close it correctly.

frame text /frame... if there's a frametrans or framepic... they need to be closed in reverse order always...
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Quick Reply Question

Postby Siiri on June 2nd, 2010, 12:19 am

For visibility, may I suggest you code it this way, so you don't miss closing any of your tags:

{open tag}
Text here
{/close tag}

I'm not sure if the site saves it this way, but at least when you're coding it the first time you will easily see if you've missed any of the tags. Generally, you'd want to put the open and close tags first before you insert your text just so you don't forget to close it afterwards. Just a tip. ^_-
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Quick Reply Question

Postby Nastya on June 4th, 2010, 9:21 am

@Gossamer

Im not sure that i understand what you are saying, could you rephrase that please?
-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Nastya

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Quick Reply Question

Postby Tarot on June 4th, 2010, 11:03 am

Hey Nastya,

I fixed your CS for you. What Goss means is if that you open tag A and then tag B, you have to close tag B first and then tag A. In your CS, you opened a frame and then a center, but closed the frame before the center. Swapping the last two closed tags fixed your post. :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Quick Reply Question

Postby Nastya on June 5th, 2010, 12:35 am

Oh!
Thank you so much Tarot, i appreciate your help. Also, thank you for explaining it, when it comes to BBCode, i am not the brightest light on the christmas tree.
c:
-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Nastya

Character sheet
Scrapbook