Shoppe of Odd Encounters (Theia Scrap)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Theia on February 7th, 2013, 11:39 pm

Welcome!

First Post
I feel like this is the moment. That one moment when you are prepared for…let’s say a speech and then the moment your feet hit the stage there is nothing to say. It about sums up what happened in this scrapbook! Plans of brilliance –maybe – had been though thought out and instead there is this. But I remember a few ideas here and there and noted I meant to get out, so here begins that rabble of words that will amount to nothing much at all. Much ado about nothing.

First, in this large but Chihuahua sized bit I’m making excuses (valid or not) about why I take forever and a day to post. It’s because I don’t have internet that I can call my own, which I really can’t since I don’t own it but wouldn’t it be amazing to own your own internet company? It would be brilliant, you could take it everywhere! No clue what it would be useful for but it would still be entertaining. More writing would get done that way but that is why I do not write, actually I do write I just don’t post. My posts sit in a Word Document until I can post them at work with speed to break the sound barrier during my ten. That and I tend to think too long over the simplest sentence but cannot proof read my own work because I’m lazy. This is something I’m working on because I know typos create copious eye damage.

This second part was supposed to have witty prose and brilliant ideas to make readers go ‘awe’ and ‘oh, that person is interesting’. Then I was going to fill it with things about my characters but those things go in plotnotes. Instead I am just going to get to the point and say hello, welcome, goodbye and lovely to meet you. Post what you want, I will post updates as to why there are no posts and try to continue trucking away on my phone of doom when my math class of pure evil releases me from its clutches of death. It does deserve the italics, mostly for the sole reason the phone does not scroll down after one paragraph and math confuses me unless its statistics. It is just vexing. I’m also aware that I really have no idea who anyone is here on Mizahar and I feel terribly awkward posting this now. But I do plan to contribute more, eventually, hopefully, I still need to get a grasp on all that is Mizahar and settle in. This was longer than intended but I couldn’t really think of what to cut out. Needless to say, happy to be here and a remorse filled apology on all my delays!
Theia
Ignorance is Bliss

Words: 34666
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2012, 9:05 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Theia on February 14th, 2013, 11:23 pm

Math & Other Stuff

Second Post

Most people do not like statistics, I prefer them to most math. Which is funny because usually I cannot solve one math problem without whining about how horrible it is but then again all my math work is Algebra not statistics and therein lies the problem. To me they make sense, though my coworkers’ disagree, they say I’m just an illogical thinker so something like statistics makes sense. But I am curious here, should anyone take a look, here is a popular example problem that I always enjoy. And I use the term enjoy loosely, although how a word can be used loosely when it has one definition I will never understand even if I do understand the whole concept thing behind it. Makes me grateful and frustrated I learnt English first because things just do not translate well and looking at how some struggle with them does not look appealing, to say the least! See, that’s another right there because this little paragraph is hardly the least I’ve ever written and one could go on forever but back on topic before I go farther, the problem!

There are three doors.

Door A, B and C.

Behind one of the three doors there is hundred dollars but you know that door A has nothing behind it. What are the chances of you picking the right door?

Answer :
Contrary to the popular answer it is not 1/2 it is still 1/3 regardless of you knowing that door A is empty. To me it made sense because even if you know there are still three doors so logically there is still a 1 in 3 chance in the most technically sense, though logically speaking I Can see why it would be 50/50 because you’re not going to pick a door you know is empty.

Update on Posts: My replies should all be caught up by Friday & Tuesday, so just bear with it for another day or so! Also, looking into moving to a new city by August so that should be when I get internet and am the least active in the June-August months to get housing stuff. Which is a pain considering how slow I am with posting and life in general but add housing apps to my ever growing list of things I must do before things I like to do :(
Theia
Ignorance is Bliss

Words: 34666
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2012, 9:05 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes