The Calm After the Storm (Grath's Rest) (Banir)

After a good spar Sket and Banir get to know each other better in Garth's rest

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Skret on January 3rd, 2013, 11:28 pm

Late Afternoon, Winter 17th 512AV

Skret loved the new room she had just rented, it was still in a tree but with out the dangers of the wilderness and the comforts of the human world. Like the downstairs bar all the furniture was all carved out of the tree. she had a desk a chair a bed and a little lantern filled with glow bugs. She very much wanted to eat the glow bugs but then her room would be dark, plus it would be rude. The bed was a Simple Hammock made of vines weaved together. It had been a while since Skret had a bed she had slept in small holes in trees hoping that snakes didn't find her during the night.

She would have loved to take a nap but she needed to get herself cleaned up. Her bodily stench was getting to be to much for her to bare. she found the large wash barrel and filled it with water from the available tap on the wall next to it. She first washed herself and then her clothes in the large barrel clearly made for a jemoura by the sheer size of the thing. while she was waiting for her clothes to dry some more she transformed into her animal form and explored her room. she enjoyed climbing the walls and gliding to the next one.
it had gotten darker and she felt it was time to head down stairs she transfomed and put her still damp clothes on and went down stairs. He clothes were a little uncomfortable but she realized that she would need to get another change of clothes soon enough.

Sket sat on one of the more smaller sized chairs and waited for Banirs arrival.
Skret
Player

Words: 13703
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2012, 1:45 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Banir Ironwood on January 4th, 2013, 8:34 pm

A tall figure with a large build in a dirty green coat dotted with grey cold iron moved with long lazy strides. His hood held over his head helping to hide his face, his white scarf held snug to his face. With large and heavy footsteps Banir marched his way to Garth's Rest. Banir had managed to freshen up at the old Base Camp. His clothes still had the strong stench of his sweat and musk. But he had managed to wash the sweat off of his own body and out of his scarf. It was still a little wet but it would be dry soon enough once he got by a fire in Garth's. His stomach growled lightly as he made his way towards the stairs. With the exertion of a good fight and the fact he hadn't eaten since lunch he felt rather hungry right now. Scratching gently at his stomach he found his feet ever thumping against the wood. His weight was not even half of that of a Jamoura, the only thing that made noise was his clattering armour. Clinking his way across the petals his footsteps eventually reaching the entrance to Garth's. Walking in he looked around and examined the bar, looking at all the patrons.

Taking note of the small figure he had seen not too long ago. Pausing a moment he had forgotten her name. Skrit? Skirt? Skrak? Oh it would come to him later, or at the very least he hopped it would. This would get rather embarrassing if he didn't remember her name. Walking around all the furniture he slowly approached her then paused. He said nothing for a little bit until he pointed to the flaming hearth. His armoured arm making a small ruckus as he moved the metal that sat upon it. Focusing up his words he took a long slow and deep breath before speaking. "Might be best to sit, by the fire for a, bit." He lowered his hand slowly as he looked at her, his eyes mostly dominated by white at its edges, red still danced closer to his iris. After the small awkward pause he spoke again. Taking another long breath he spoke once more. "Also I don't know about, you but I'm going to, order some food. I'm hungry." He stood there a moment longer before walking towards the counter asking Garth for a standard dinner meal. Nodding at the Jamoura he walked over to the hearth of the fire. It was always best to eat a meal by a fire.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Words: 218834
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Skret on January 16th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Due to skrets amazing kelvic hearing she knew Banir had entered Garth's rest. Before Banir was in eyes view Skret could hear his heavy foot steps and the slight clang of his armour as he moved. As he got closer she noticed that his body odor was still a bit unpleasant but she could tell that he had made efforts to clean himself. Although she knew he was here she didn't look in his direction and pretended to remain oblivious of his arrival for reasons she wasn't really sure of. When he finally did appear before her an awkward pause followed. She didn't know why beating this man was so much easier than simply saying hello but the words just wouldn't come out of her mouth. Banir ended the silence with a suggestion of getting closer to the fire.
"oh..yes!" she said with sudden enthusiasm
"...we should do that" she said awkwardly realizing her response may have been too zealous.
Skret was amazed she hadn't though of this obvious course of action before. It was cold out and she was still a bit damp, her squirrel side still made going near a fire seem like an irrational decision.
He said something about getting something to eat which also sounded like a good idea to her. Although she would rather get her own food in animal form she knew that wouldn't be possible at the moment. She stared at some trees longingly and saw a tasty looking moth had landed on one of the stumps. "I'll save you for later" she thought to herself. In the mean time she decided a human food wouldn't hurt, the fight did make her hungry after all.
she followed banir to the counter and ordered food after him mimicing the way he interacted with the clerk. She followed him back to the fire and sat accross from him. There was a few jemoura's on the other side of the fire but the place was pretty empty as a whole.
she stared at the floor and then at the fire, not knowing what to say.
then with out warning she blurted out
"what are you?"
her face became bright red with embaressment at how rude that question was
"I..mean you don't seem human...or you're not like the humans i've meet...sorry don't take this the wrong way!" she said franticly
her heart began to race and her palms were getting sweaty, she looked back down at the floor.
The question had been burning in her mind for a while but she had imagined herself saying it in a much more tactful way. She hoped he didn't hate her now, she was almost certain that he did.
Skret
Player

Character sheet

Postby Banir Ironwood on January 17th, 2013, 7:48 am

Energetic and awkward. Those seemed to be the main traits of the small girl he had started to associate with. She was small, very small and seemed like he could simply take her and break her over his knee. However she had proved her metal on the training ground and that brought forth a fair amount of respect. Had she the strength in her arms he was sure that the fight would have been in her favor. He was also happy, for one of the rare moments of his life. That he was half Isur, otherwise he may have lost to her. She was a tough little one, her size and strength limited her but her skill was more than apparent to him. As he sat by the fire he went over her reactions in his head. Wondering if he had done something to give way to her apparent caution. At the very least it seemed like caution, maybe she was acting awkward? He didn't know and he couldn't tell, although her voice did catch his attention when she spoke. Skret, that was her name! He knew he would remember eventually, looking at the girl from beneath his hood and scarf blinking he realized she had asked him a question in the time they had been sitting there. Good gods how old was this girl? She still looked like she belonged with her parents now that he thought about it.

Shaking his mind free of these thoughts he took a moment to take a long and deep breath. Relaxing himself, he had felt a few sparks of anger but it was mostly on his own part. Remembering old wounds and how he had gotten them, he didn't blame her for it. They where his memories after all. As his mind prepared words and put them into sentences he looked at her. His eyes still a rage red with a bit of white circling around on the edges. Letting his gruff voice breech past his scarf he shuffled in a little. "I take no offense, from your words, I understand your, curiosity. I am a half breed, of two different races, I am a child of, Isur and Vantha, blood. And do not think, of me as a human, I can take a lot, more hits and deal, out a lot more damage." Banir didn't take pride in his words. In fact what he said pained him a little as he tried to suppress the feelings of sadness, rage, and depression. He didn't want to remember his past right now, he didn't want to be pulled into the well of feelings that sat deep within himself. Instead he turned to Skret, his eyes turning a gentle curious orange coating over the red and white in his eyes. "But what are you, you seem to be, a human. But you act a, little different. I don't mean to, be rude but are, you a Kelvic?" His throat hurt a little, if he let her talk for a little bit it would feel better shortly. It just needed a small little rest, that was all.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Skret on January 19th, 2013, 5:23 pm

Skret caught a quick flash of Banir's red eyes, and took it as a sign that she had angered him. The red eyes quickly dissipated however and she relaxed a little. Banir had paused to form an answer, and the suspense was killing Skret. Her mind quickly raced to several different possible things he could say and none of them ended in a positive way. when he finally did speak, he confirmed her suspicions that he was in fact not human. His tone and method of speaking relaxed her and her heart slowed it's pace.
She didn't know what an Isur was at all and heard very little about Vantha. She did hear that Vantha had eye colours that change with their mood which would explain his strange eyes. The rough bones must be from his Isur side. She imagined Isur's as some kind of insect race with rough exoskeletons. If she hadn't gotten a brief glimpse of his face she would have assumed he had a more insect like face, with little pincers for the mouth. She wondered if the scars on his face were an Isur trait of if he was in some kind of accident. Should she risk asking that question too, seemed like it might be to risky.
She looked back at Banir who's eyes changed to a more welcoming colour of orange. she took this as a good sign. He took note of her strange behaviour and asked if she was a kelvic. She was a little disappointed that he was able to tell, she was certain that she was doing a good job passing as human.
"I am a kelvic, my animal self is a flying squirrel, I was born of a Rhino and a Lion so I can relate to having mixed parents. They were both monks of Nyka and trained me in martial arts since I was born, fighting is all I know." she explained
"I wanted to discover who I really was so I left my parents to discover what I enjoy doing. I eventually found myself here, Living with the jemoura seem like a life much more better for me....what about you?"
Skret
Player

Character sheet

Postby Banir Ironwood on February 2nd, 2013, 4:17 am

He knew it! He was right! Kelvics so far where a rather common occurrence in his life. In fact the first moment he arrived in a new city he met a Kelvic. She was also the first friend he had made in his life. From there it just kind of, exploded into something more. He knew several Kelvics in his life now, in such abundance he wondered if the other races he had heard tales of even existed. Clearing his mind he looked at the little girl sitting across from him. He didn't know where Nyka was or even what it was. But he did like the idea of learning combat, or more accurately testing his skills against those with combat experience. If Skret was only a taste of the other opponents that may be there, he had a feeling he'd get a good fight out of them. Maybe even pick up on a few things.

Looking at Skret she said she was the off spring of a rhino and a lion. He had no idea what those where. But he did have a sudden desire to eat them for some reason. Speaking of eating their food was brought over to the table. He sat back and looked at the food, it was for once a rare meal without mashed up bugs. As much as he liked the Spires, he was not a fan of some of the food they served here. A deer hide with a lot of leaves covered in some sort of sauce. Not exactly his first choice but it was better than nothing at all. Rubbing his hands together he looked up at Skret with his red eyes, listening to what she said. From under his hood he gazed at her, red eyes surrounded by a calm white. Before beginning his meal he thought it would be best to answer her question. "I'm just here to, train and build up, a new life." And with that he looked to his meal cutting it with a wooden knife and fork. Taking the chunk of meat he brought it to his scarf. Lifting the bottom of the scarf up enough for the fork to get by he brought it to his mouth. The scars on his face and lips where far better than they where before he had them healed. He had noticed it was a lot easier to eat and drink now.
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Skret on February 5th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Two plates of food being carried by the large hairy hands of a Jemoura, were delivered to both Banir and Skret. The food was not the plate of crunchy bugs she was hoping for, it was the mauled carcass of a poor deer. She felt sick in the stomach, looking at the grotesque meal before her. She hoped that Flying squirrel was not on the menu, she couldn't handle that.
She remembered her father coming home with his many bloody victims, it made her deeply uncomfortable. Her father though of her repulsion to blood as a weakness she needed to overcome and would frequently display his prey in front of her. Despite his mother being a vegetarian, she felt the same way as her father. Her parents were barbarians but she loved them, at least she thought she did.

She stared down uncomfortably at her meal, not knowing what to do. She didn't want to be rude and return the meal the Jemoura had worked hard to make but she couldn't eat it which would also be rude. Banir had answered her response but she didn't really process it completely.
when Banir was done talking he cut a piece of deer meat with his knife and fork and brought it to his mouth. Skret imagined herself doing the same and the mental image caused her extreme nausea. She felt as if she were about to vomit, but held back that impulse.

"I need....to to to...return this food...sorry I just can't eat this.....you can though!...its just..just just" Sket stuttered.
she abruptly left her chair and headed for the bar counter. she approached one of the Jemoura with her head hung low.
"Sorry I...can't eat this...sorry..nothing is wrong with it...I would just prefer some bugs" she said with guilt in her voice/
The Jemoura accepted the plate of food and assured her that her food was on the way.
she walked back to the table and sat down with her head hung low, a bit embarrassed by her behaviour.
Skret
Player

Character sheet

Postby Banir Ironwood on February 6th, 2013, 10:11 am

Banir glanced up from his plate looking at the small Skret. She didn't look all that well right now. Maybe she was one of those plant eating only types or something. Honestly he knew about Kelvics but he didn't know a thing about animals. Not even the slightest clue of how they worked, what they did, and how they survived without having hands. He watched Skret become revolted by the meat, he didn't see why it was just meat. Even other animals knew that one must die in order to feed another. At the very least the few Kelvics he had known thought that way. Honestly he wasn't sure how to proceed with the situation until Skret spoke. She said that she couldn't eat the meal and that she'd prefer bugs? Dear all the gods that sounded so gross to him, he wasn't disgusted by a lot but that kinda got to him. He shook his head and closed his eyes, he just needed to clear his head. Working hard to clear his head he took long deep breaths. Letting his mind settle the waters of thoughts remain still in his head. He had gotten better at calming his mind, so long as there was no rage present at least.

Banir continued to eat his meal, lifting the scarf outwards to hide his face still but allow his fork to pass into his mouth. He chewed at the deer meat happily enjoying the taste, the wonderful flavor. Oh this was indefinably the best part of the day so far. He looked up at Skret, she seemed fine beyond a little embarrassed. He decided to come right out and ask her. Swallowing down his damaged throat he looked at her for a moment. Taking a long breath he made sure to keep himself steady and focus on his words. He let his gruff voice breech past his white scarf. "Hey are you okay, you seem a little, uneasy there. I take it your not, a fan of meat then?" He looked at her from under the shadow of his hood. He began to think again his cleared mind ruined by the mental note he made. To hurry up and finish his wooden mask, thus he could at least get rid of his scarf and hood.
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Skret on February 8th, 2013, 6:27 pm

Banir showed concern for her and asked if she had a problem with meat. Skret knew her opinion on meat was not a very common one among kelvic's, as most were avid meat eaters or at least tolerated the need to eat meat. She just couldn’t stomach it for some reason, perhaps because she was weak. Sket's parents were right all along she was a weak waste of space. She wasn't about to prove herself and eat meat though, that would likely cause her to vomit profusely. She would stick with nuts, berries and big crunchy and juicy bugs, the bugs especially were hard for her to go without.

"I'm sorry I know my views are uncommon, I just can't help thinking what if that were me....my father is a large ferocious cat and sometimes I was worried he would mistake me for a meal one day...I hope that makes sense." Skret explained sheepishly
After she was done explaining a Jemoura came with her meal apologizing for any inconvenience he may have caused her. Skret meekly thanked the man and assured him that he had done no wrong to her. The plate sket was just given was a platter full of various different kinds of bugs, most were a little squished but there were still ones crawling around.
She forgot banner was there and proceeded to grab a handful of bugs and mash them into her mouth as if she hadn't eaten in a while.
Skret
Player

Character sheet

Postby Banir Ironwood on February 9th, 2013, 8:06 am

The first thing in his mind was a large house cat pouncing on a mouse. He blinked several times as the thought was clearly out of place in his mind. Shaking his head several times to try to force the image out, he didn't want to see the image anymore. Groaning lightly the stubborn image remained and caused a hand to rub his head. His gloved hand running over his hooded head, this was more annoying than his own rage. With time marching on as ever he snapped his head, he felt like the situation would only become more awkward unless he replies. He worked his mind quick and hard to come up with something. POLITE! Don't forget to be polite! He felt a little bit of sweat forming on his brow. Worried over this his mind sought panic, rather than panicking he closed his and at least settled his mind. Thoughts buzzed about his head though with a little less urgency. Managing to get his words in order. "I do not find, your words too strange, everyone has a story, to tell. Some are meant, to be heard and, shared. Others are not, it just depends on the story, and the story teller." Banir liked to try and understand people, Skret's scenario was similar to his own. If only slightly, so that did help him understand what she might be feeling. Really he was just guessing though. No one could know what another has been through. Not without hearing it from them at least.

Banir looked down at his food, wondering what it would be like unable to eat meat. He liked it, it was tasty and delicious, not to mention it made you strong. Gave you thick and strong muscles as well. And why- his mind paused as he looked up hearing a strange crunching sound. He paused as he looked at Skret, with almost utter surprise on his face. She was shoveling bugs into her mouth with almost wreckles abandon. Dropping his fork he looked and just simply staring at her in disbelief. He'd seen many Kelvics eat before, but this little girl was taking the cake on it all. His red eyes blinked again his mind trying to restart itself.
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next