Races-Vantha

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Races-Vantha

Postby Njora on February 11th, 2013, 4:28 am

Hi!
I'm new here, and I'm working on my CS. I'm really sorry if this has been asked before. I was planning on having my PC be Vantha, but I can only select Human-Vantha on the races menu. Are the Vantha a form of humans?
Oh-and a couple quick things-do kayaks exist in the Northern Reaches? And what do the Vantha make of dating or relationships outside of marriage? Also (sorry, so many questions!), is Scrying too close to the divination gnosis to be used as a starter skill?
Sorry for the bother, and goodnight/day/morning!
Njora
Vanthan Vagabond

Words: 3387
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 11:26 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Races-Vantha

Postby Gossamer on February 11th, 2013, 5:11 am

The Vantha are a subrace of humans. :) Think of them as say Inuit Indians or something similar. They are still human but noticeably distinct in appearance. Kayaks exist. I'm sure they are fine with relationships outside of marriage, but they will do it. Scrying falls under the skill Fortune Telling. You can request a divination gnosis mark at start instead of a morwen mark if you'd like but you must write a story.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)