Greetings... I guess?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Greetings... I guess?

Postby Auni on February 17th, 2013, 4:14 am

My real name is Delana, however it is reserved for a more formal setting. Official business. So online I prefer to be called Pendi.
Honestly, my experience with Role Playing is not an extensive one. Even counting the couple months of hiatus I've taken the entirety only adds up to little over a year and a half. Perhaps someone reading this may know of Chatango? That is where my RP career began and until now has been the only place I accessed for role playing. I started at a basic level, a couple lines, but I soon grew to a more advanced level. Multiple Paragraphs. Not many people on that particular site are able to accomplish a single paragraph, let alone a well done Multi. So now I've decided it is time to branch out. I've tried a group role play once before, but as common with smaller ones there was a lot of drama. Too much in fact, most of which began before I even joined. But it took me all of forty eight hours of being a member for the whole thing to crash and burn. Anyway, the point is this is my first time joining a Forum.
I found Mizahar due to the expertise that is Google.
I do not exactly understand what RP style is referring to so I'll be leaving it unanswered.
My interests for writing include Medieval, Fantasy, Mystery, Action, Adventure, Comedy, and Romance. Although I can do Horror, Modern, Futuristic, etc it simply doesn't appeal to me in the way others do.
My favorite thing about Mizahar so far is the overall friendliness. I was expecting to get the proverbial cold shoulder due to my newness but I was glad to be wrong in this case.
The only frustration I can seem to come up with is the overwhelming appearance of it all. It's intimidating to look a Mizahar. At least until you delve into it, or that's what I'm hoping for.
Hmm. As for what I want from Mizahar... I would like to have a place that is as close to home as a virtual place can get. Writing is more than a passion for me. It's a release, a need, an escape, a way of continuing life. Having a site that would cater to this side of me would mean quite a lot to me.
Again, this will be unanswered because I don't have anything to add to things that need to be expanded.
Ahm, I suppose it's good enough to say I'm Female, Eighteen, have red-green color blindness, and love cuddling my two adorable cats. Also, I'd appreciate any guidance I could get in not only setting up a character but posting. I'm far too nervous for my own good.
Auni
The Kelvic with Countless Kinks

Words: 11153
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2013, 3:17 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Greetings... I guess?

Postby Kiran Pelyna on February 17th, 2013, 4:39 am

Hello and Welcome to Mizahar!

First things first you are going to be told to change your account name. Your account name is your character's name, see the problem It's okay, I made the same mistake! Many people do, just I'd suggest changing it before a mod order you to!

If you have any questions about Mizahar I have some simple advice that should answer most of your questions. First off read the welcome PM you got in your inbox, it'll get you started on the right tack. Next read all the lore you can find! You never know the kind of stuff you might need to know over the course of roleplaying. Read city lore, racial lore, magic and skill lore and god lore to begin with if you don't know.

After you've read up on some lore's if you still have questions pop into chat! (Or pop in here before you read lore if you just want to talk and get a feel for Mizahar via the people who play) The people in chat are friendly and very helpful, and there's always a mod in there. They'll answer any questions you might have.

Now if you're shy, or nervous, try PMing a mod! They're the people with a username that's any color other than grey or orange. They will be able to help you and give you some sound advice. Try for people with Yellow, Purple or Green usernames, they tend to have a little more time to answer questions. Although I suppose with your color blindness you might not be able to tell.... Here's a link to the moderator list, find their names somewhere in the forum if you see them and PM them. Try for assistant or domain storytellers.

Also feel free to contact me if you'd like, I've been around for a bit and I know a little. But I can guarantee you that your questions can be answered in the lore, just read up and you'll know everything you need to in no time.

Good luck and have fun!

-Kiran

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kiran Pelyna
The charismatic little sylph

Words: 52557
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Greetings... I guess?

Postby Auni on February 17th, 2013, 5:13 am

I really am thankful for all your tips. Especially the username, which I will get around to changing ASAP. As for the color blindness, I'm not totally color blind. Just red - green. Which means it I confuse certain colors, not specifically those two, at times. Not always. I saw a couple green names in chat though. cx
Auni

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Greetings... I guess?

Postby Bethsyliss on February 17th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Hi Pendi! Welcome to Mizahar. Have fun here :)

Syliss
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Greetings... I guess?

Postby Kiran Pelyna on February 20th, 2013, 10:10 am

I just saw your city thing, I live in Charlotte too!

Small world.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kiran Pelyna
The charismatic little sylph

Words: 52557
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Greetings... I guess?

Postby Auni on February 22nd, 2013, 10:12 pm

Thanks Bethsyliss.

But wow, it really must be. Now I'm glad I added that detail, I was a bit wary at first. x.x Anyway I hope our characters meet sometime we would have tons of fun.
Auni

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets