[Verified by Lamia] Santhien Sel'Thya

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Santhien Sel'Thya

Postby Santhien Sel'Thya on February 23rd, 2013, 3:18 pm

Santhien Sel’Thya

Race: Human Benshira
Birthday & Age: 28th of summer 493 (19)
Birthplace: Deserts of Eyktol

Physical Description: Santhien is 6’3. He has short shaggy dark brown hair. He has a short trimmed beard that outlines his face. He has bright blue eyes that seem to shine from his face giving a stark contrast to his dark tanned skin. He is often seen wearing light baggy cloth tunic that has the color of marble. He wears a hood of the same color that has a cloth scarf to cover his mouth and nose. His scimitar is always at his side sheathed and ready to draw..

Personality: Santhien is a slightly naïve youth. He is strongly influenced by his father who died protecting his Tent from marauders when Santhien was very young. Santhien lives by a set of values drilled into him by his mother and as a very “Right or Wrong” moral compass. Santhien is naïve in the fact that someone should do the right thing regardless of the cost.

History: Santhien was raised in the deserts of Eyktol in his father’s Tent. His father was a respectable warrior of the Benshira even in his old age. Santhien was his third and youngest child. He has an older sister and brother who are twins. His sister Roya a beautiful young girl and his brother Zeph a stout young warrior who follows in his father footsteps. Santhien lived in his sibling’s shadow. When he finally succeeded at something his Father and Mother would congratulate him but then comment that one of his siblings had done so at a much younger age. Santhien eventually stopped trying and just decided to be useful to his Tent and neighbors.

Santhien spent a majority of his childhood following his sister around and helping her with the errands their mother had her run. Santhien cherished these moments he spent with his sister but loathed the time he had to spend with his brother. He was drilled daily in weapons training so that one day he could adequately serve his Tent and gain renown in his father’s name. Santhien either sparred against his brother or with his father. Zeph was ruthless though, he took every opportunity he could to make Santhien look bad in front of their father. Santhien wouldn’t let him win without a fight however. Their sparring sessions always ended in him being to bruised or tired to lift his arms.

When Santhien’s father died many Benshiran’s grieved and offered support to his Tent. They looked too his older brother to take his father’s place. Santhien’s life began miserable. He was put under a scrutiny closer then he thought possible. Santhien endured it all however to support both his sister and mother. One night while Santhien slept he had a dream. A dream of a great city atop a large body of water, he felt as if he was meant to go there and find something. When he awoke he tried to dismiss it but every time he saw a pool of water he couldn’t help but be reminded of that dream. He finally relented and sought out answers. He sought council with a priest of Yahal. The priest listened to Santhiens dream with great interest when he was finaly done the priest smiled and said “There is reason why you can’t forget this dream, this is a gift from Yahal you must journey to Ravok.” Santhien was speechless he didn’t believe his dream was a vision but he was reluctant to question Yahals teachings. “what about my family” he whispered to himself. “you can find work and send money back. I have couriers in Ravok who are more than willing to help.” Santhien opened his mouth refuse but then he hesitated. He could support his family far better if he went to Ravok. He left the priest with a respectful bow and went to his Tent. He began to pack and make the necessary preparations. He stopped when he heard footsteps from behind. He turned to see his mother standing perfectly still as if frozen in place. “What are you doing?” She asked softly. Santhien hesitated his mouth suddenly dry like the desert outside. His mother asked again but firmer “What are you doing?” Santhien looked away and spoke softly. “leaving….” His mother staggered as if she had been struck. Santhien began to speak quickly. “Mother if I go to a city I can find work and support us. I could earn us enough that Roya can have the most beautiful silks and Zeph can pay a proper dowry to his future wife.” His mother shook her head in disbelief as tears began to glisten in her green eyes. “your leaving me like your father.” Santhien moved swiftly to her side and held her in his arms. He held her as she wept until sleep took her. He left her tucked in his bed only glancing back once as he exited the tent. His home was almost out of sight when he heard light hoof beats behind him. He turned to find a rather quickly approaching him. Santhien drew his sword and held it at the ready. The rider slowed down and dismounted. He walked up to Santhien sword drawn and swiped his blade from shoulder to hip at Santhien. He immediately met his attacker’s blade head on and peered into his face and gasped in shock. It was Zeph , who took the moment to break the lock and push Santhien away. He glared at Santhien with blue eyes that glowed with rage. “You think you can just leave. Who will take care of the woman when I’m not around, who will protect Roya and Mother. You managed to do that much at least.” He spat those words like acid at Santhien and charged before he could even respond. Santhien circled around his blade and slashed to meet his brother’s retaliation. Santhien used the momentum to twirl his blade around his hilt pull it from his brothers grip. The blade hit the sand with an inaudible thud. His brother stared at Santhien wide eyed with shock. Santhien sheathed his blade and walked away. Zeph roared after him “When I become patriarch I WILL disown you.” Santhien looked back and for the first time in his life he realized his brother wasn’t better than him.

Skills:
Skill exp Total Profieciency
Weapon: Scimitar 30 SP 30 competent
Stealth 15 SP 15 RB 30 competent
Tracking 5 SP 5novice

Equipment
1x cloth tunic and hood
1x hunting knife
1x flint and steel
1x water proof cloak
1x water skin
1x Backpack

Ledger
Purchase Price Amount
Supply pack +100 GM 100GM

Language
Fluent: Shiber
Basic: Common
Poor: Tawna

Housing
Basic 20x20 cottage located near the Ravok docks

Lore
Lore of Yahal

Equestrian knowledge
Last edited by Santhien Sel'Thya on March 7th, 2013, 3:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Santhien Sel'Thya
Player

Words: 6985
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2013, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet