Flashback Some seek companionship in books [Kel]

In which Valo meets a like minded soul

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Some seek companionship in books [Kel]

Postby Valo on February 8th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Kel nodded, "Fair enough. Zeltiva isn't boring by any means, and you'll find if your adventure if you know where to look. It is nothing like Wind Reach, but you'll get around I'm sure. And I know I'll be drawn to this place again. Gotta keep reading...plus visiting the parents is always good too" he smirked.

Valo replied with a soft smile, a content smile, to Kel's smirk and a nod that he understood well. He only wished that perhaps he could visit his own mother. The wonderful woman who had gifted him with the very best of childhoods. His two dearest sisters. It wasn't a though that lingered in his mind often, for whenever it hit him, he would often shed a secret tear of homesickness and truth it was that the artist would give up any earthly possession to simply be able to embrace his family once more. But he had made his choice. He chose art over them and ever since that day he plowed forward, without the very capability of looking back. For if he was to truly look back than Valo would probably ask him self whether the decision was a good one.

It seemed that ever since he was a child, Valo had dreamed about nothing but Zletiva. A fool who lived in the future, rather than enjoyed the present to it's fullest. Nothing ever seemed enough for him. For it was ambition that obscured the world, ambition that propelled his from what he knew and loved, plunging into the cold waters of the unknown, so sure that was the way to prosper. Art is a powerful force over the men with heart like Valo's. A mistress who caused the fool to forsake his all and fallow it blindly.

"Well Valo, you seem to know where you are going, now if only I could figure out where I am going." laughed Kel with what seemed to the artist like serious notes within a joyous display. A certain cynicism in a light hearted conversation. Perhaps it could have been just his imagination, but what else could be expected from a man who truly questioned where it was that he was going and what it was that he was striving for.

"I do wish you the very best of luck with that, dear Kel." he smiled, and when he did his eyes glowed with warmth towards the other. "Best of luck indeed." and with those words he rose to his feet, gathering his belongings in elegant mannerism. "Now I believe I should be on my way. It was truly a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to perhaps another such pleasant a meeting." After just a moment more of making sure there was nothing he had forgotten, replacing the book in it's just place on the shelf, the artist bowed his head respectful to the other. If Kel was to stop him, perhaps in the wish to accompany him or merely to request his company for a little longer, Valo would gladly conform. But there was work at home waiting for him. There were thoughts to be banished. It seems an artist to is a busy man.

He hadn't though terribly over leaving Wind Reach and he had yet to truly experience the meaning of the word homesick. That was perhaps until Kel mentioned it. Until those few words were spoken. "... plus visiting the parents is always good too." the words, now a residual haunting in his mind. What kind of a son was he to have simply abandoned the woman who gave him life? Was he selfish and thoughtless? Thoughtless, that was for sure. Painful thoughts they were, that wound though his head now. A rock on his heart. It seemed however, that there was nothing more that the half blood Inarta could do, but simply ignore his thoughts and simply exist, striving for the future.

Red
Valo
The man who's very name means light

Words: 431511
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Zeltiva Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Kel Ehmry on February 12th, 2013, 9:00 pm

Kel smiled as Valo rose to from his chair. Had it been so long already? Kel glanced at the large clock on the wall, and it was indeed getting late. Kel sighed, realizing he had better get to work, or maybe he ought to actually read the book he checked out. I'll do that second one... Kel decided. After all, maybe a bit of knowledge about Sunberth may come in handy somewhere down the road. But it was doubtful any knowledge found in a book would be of any use in surviving one of the most dangerous cities in the continent. But experience would teach Kel soon enough. Kel stood from his seat after Valo and looked at the Inarta.

"Thank you for the kind words, and luck just may be what I need" Kel chuckled, "I wish you luck in your journeys as well, whether it be here in Zeltiva or if you find yourself back on the road again. Maybe I'll even see you out there" Kel smirked once more, hoping he would be seeing Valo again, as unlikely as it was. Mizahar was a big place, and If Kel did manage to finally get out of Zeltiva, who knew where he may be swept off to.

OOCAnd boom. Done. I'll submit for grading
Kel Ehmry
History is a valuable thing.

Words: 42567
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2012, 5:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Arcane on February 26th, 2013, 4:43 am

Rewards and Treasure!

Valo :
Experience Points
+2 Philosophy
+3 Observation

Lores
Philosophy on Books: Fate of Knowledge
Book: Color Theory
Kel the Simple Scholar
Kel the Cartographer
Kel's Goal: To Explore and Discover the Past
Thought of Visiting Parents in Wind Reach

Kel Ehmry :
Experience Points
+1 Observation

Lores
Book: History of Sunberth
Valo the Learner
Valo the Painter
Valo's End of Traveling
Valo's History in Wind Reach

In Conclusion
I especially enjoyed Valo's very artistic and poetic writing. Interesting bit of socialization (which is not a skill, btw). What would this mean for Valo?

For Kel, as a writer don't be afraid to expound more on Kel's drive, concept and what makes him as a PC. If he's an extrovert, express it in words and interactions. If he's an introvert, write it as his internal observations and thoughts. This way, we as readers can see more of Kel and understand him better as we read on :)

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous