Closed Fallen On You [Kane]

An unlikely meeting in an unlikely way takes an unlikely turn for unlikeliness. Yes.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Fallen On You [Kane]

Postby Eilea on February 27th, 2013, 4:55 am

75 Winter 512

The wind was blowing strongly, more so than she had expected, enough to force Eilea to tie her hair back in one, thick tight braid. The morning mountain air was cool and crisp. She sat against the smooth stone wall, looking out at the area. Remembering Avanthal, her home, Wind Reach seemed so foreign, so different. But it also had a sense of homeliness about it. Wind Reach was exactly how Eilea had imagined it from her mother's stories, minus a few changes in the geography. Eilea’s eyes brightened into a yellow green shade as she reflected on her past. It had been such a dangerous journey for her to get to such a secluded area. Part of her was extremely happy that she had finally made it to her mother’s favorite place. The other part was worried. Would she be able to survive and contribute enough? She knew how dangerous this area was. Her mother had told many stories of starvation and death. Eilea couldn’t help but wonder if Wind Reach would be the end of her journey due to starvation.

With a quick intake of breath, she leaned forward and looked over the edge. For, the Vantha girl had climbed onto a ledge against the mountain. It wasn’t too far of a drop off, she had climbed after all! But for the life of her, Eilea couldn’t figure out how to get down. She could see the trail, clearly, but she couldn’t exactly remember how she had gotten herself unto the ledge in the first place. There were a few rocks and uneven parts along the side of the wall, but she wasn’t sure how to navigate her way back down. It was incredibly frustrating and nerve wracking! At least below her was a well-traveled walking trail. She hoped someone would help her. Frustrated even more, her eyes darted around the area, pausing on everyone she noticed. They all had so much in common, the people of Wind Reach. Many red heads were running around, getting things done, being productive. Eilea bit her lip as she saw a few Inarta being shunned by others in the society. They sat in the dirt, away from everyone else. The Vantha girl frowned, leaned back and looked up. That was something she’d have to get used to, the way the city separated their people by castes. Some of it was for the good, others not so much. Just because she could handle herself with an art form, put her in the caste of Avora, the artisans. But that didn't give her anything special, at least in her mind. She would be doing something she learned in childhood. In a way, it was odd that such a skill was consisted "unique", since she was used to that being so common back in the city of Avanthal. She wrapped her arms around her, hugging herself and just observed the sky. Birds were soaring against the blue, leaving beautiful mental trails right below the scatted light grey pigments of clouds. The girl lifted her hand and drew out the imagery with her pointer finger, something her mother used to do when Eilea was a child, drawing out the beautiful Aurora Borealis above their home at night. She smiled and closed her eyes, getting lost in her own thoughts.

Without warning, the wind picked up again, sending strong gusts against Eilea’s body. She struggled to fight it, her hands desperately searching for something to grab onto. But there wasn’t enough time. Her body flew forward without anything holding her back.

Panic!

She shrieked with no time to swear as she tried to twist sideways, to catch herself, but it was no use. All contact with the rocks were severed. Eyes as white as the snow from the land she came, Eilea fell from her perch.
Eilea
KAAAAAAAANNNEE!

Words: 80945
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 9:08 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Fallen On You [Kane]

Postby Kane on February 28th, 2013, 1:29 am

75 Winter 512

There was a girl in his arms. “Well...” Kane really wasn’t sure what to say.

You see, that morning had been a perfectly normal one. Well, as normal as one could be in a city filled with birds. Kane had been lounging along a path near where the rock walls of the mountain surrounding the city had risen up. He was sure to position himself in a spot that would make him as in the way as possible.

What is with this place? He thought to himself while eying another bird as it flew past. I mean, I understand liking something, but isn’t this just a bit much? A strong gust of wind blew past and his fingers clenched on the rocks to maintain his balance. At least the wind is fun.

Smiling lightly to himself, Kane stood and stretched. “I guess it’s about time to go be a menace to society.” He wasn’t quite sure if he was joking or not.

Turning, he began to make his way down the path. I guess, other then the insane amount of birds, I’ve enjoyed this city. A smirk. Though I can’t say if it’s enjoyed me. A small chuckle left his lips as he watched the roads filled with people below. Now that I think about it, I can say that about most cities I visit. Guess I’m just too much for them to handle. He snorted and grinned before releasing air in the form of a sigh. Just too awesome, I guess.

‘Squak!!’ “Oh f-!” He nearly jumped out of his skin as an eagle flew past, barely missing his head with its powerful wings. “I hate birds.” Kane grumbled while pressing himself against the wall. “They are evil, evil creatures.” After looking all about for any other sneak attacks, he continued his way down to the town, the whole while muttering to himself.

“This place is horrible. Why did I even come here? Freaking birds. Though, the food is good... Dammit Kane, don’t get distracted.” Kane braced himself against a particularly strong gust.

Suddenly, a shriek sounded from above. “Oh, not another one.” With a groan, he quickly searched for his newest avian attacker. Instead, he found a small girl falling from almost directly above him. “Wha-” Instinctively, he reached out in an attempt to catch her.

“Oof!!” After wobbling precariously over the edge, Kane managed to right himself. Success. In his arms, he found an odd looking girl with long black hair tied back in a braid, though her almost white eyes were what really caught his attention. Kane looked down at the drop to the city. Why do I get the feeling this girl is gonna be the death of me?
Last edited by Kane on March 3rd, 2013, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kane
Darnit Eilea, I'm Your Friend Not Your Lover!

Words: 84491
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Fallen On You [Kane]

Postby Eilea on February 28th, 2013, 1:49 am

oocPLEASE notice the Neil Diamond reference! xD

There was no pain or shock of her body hitting the ground, instead, she found herself landing in someone’s arms. Eilea’s eyes faded to a sweet sky blue as she focused on his face.

He was gorgeous! He was beautiful. His hair was brown! His eyes were violet. They were a fantastical shade of purple. He definitely wasn’t originally from Wind Reach. He couldn’t possibly be Inarta. He was just too… handsome.

For that second, all Eilea could do was stare into his eyes, she didn’t even bring herself to breathe. Completely lost in thought, lost in her own childish fantasy, the Vantha girl thought to herself, ‘Mama, she always told me it would happen! She never said that it would happen like this…’

Finally breathing again, Eilea opened her mouth to talk, being sure to speak in common instead of Vani, “You… You saved my life! You caught me! You went out of your way to make sure I was safe!” She breathed in her sing-song voice, and then wrapped her arms around her savior’s neck, as tight as she could. “Thank you!” She exclaimed, with a large, large smile on her face. “Thank you.” She said again, but this time in the Vani dialect.

Eilea
KAAAAAAAANNNEE!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Fallen On You [Kane]

Postby Kane on February 28th, 2013, 2:25 am

She’s staring at me. Why is she staring at me? Kane watched the girl in his arms warily. She stopped gaping and instantly began to babble about him saving her and going out of his way to do so. I did what now? Wearing a very disgruntled expression, he went to correct her but was cut off by the blocking of his airway. Can’t breathe...! In his distress, he completely missed the thanks she gave him.

Almost immediately, Kane dropped her, body tumbling forward, and grasped at the arms clutched tightly around his neck. “Off!” He managed to choke out. By some miracle, he was able to pry her arms from his neck. What is this girl? It’s like she has arms of steel! Coughing and rubbing his neck, he looked up to give her his best glower. “Seriously? You trying to kill me or something?” And after I just “heroically” saved her too. Suddenly, a thought hit him.

“Hey, girl. Why’d you fall anyway?” What if it was a bird? Oh god, what if they’re vicious?! No wonder they constantly target me! I bet there’s one honed in on me right now. Don’t look Kane, then they’ll know you know. Just be cool.

Kane had completely left the real world.
Kane

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Fallen On You [Kane]

Postby Eilea on February 28th, 2013, 2:47 am

And suddenly, the man let go of her and pushed her away. Eilea frowned, realizing that she had probably embarrassed him. He did seem like the shy kind, after all. He pretended to cough and rubbed at his throat, awkwardly. She was pretty sure he said something too, but didn’t really pay attention, for her thoughts were elsewhere. This could only mean one thing: He liked her! Eilea turned her frown upside down to form a sweet and innocent smile. Obviously, she liked him too. The handsome man gave her a puzzling expression, which she immediately took as being completely flabbergasted by her own beauty and uniqueness. That was the only explanation. The Vantha girl figured he had to have been watching her for a while, probably the whole time she was sitting on the ledge. He had probably been daydreaming about her, and so he took the most daring moment to make a good impression. And a good impression, he sure made.

Eilea couldn’t be happier. She got as close to him as she could. “You’re so amazing and strong and sweet and you saved me.”

Alright, the girl may have been a bit wacko. She may have been insane. She may have had some mental issues! Or… it could have just been the fact that she had gone so long without any real friends, so, she may have been trying to compensate for that by… Well, falling for the first pretty boy to come in her way. He probably should have just let her fall on her butt, because she was now determined to never let him leave her sight again, ever. Alright, once again, she may have been crazy. But, only slightly.

The girl’s eyes darkened and she grabbed a hold of his arm, and moved extremely close to him, only staying away enough for that she wasn’t touching his arm with her breast. “You’re like an angel.” She said in a dream-like state, her eyes twinkling. “I must write to my father about you immediately, he’d love to know that I’ve found a suitable husband for me. He would definitely approve of you, so don’t you worry about that. It’s not everyday that a handsome young fellow goes out of his way to save a poor damsel in distress!” She rested her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes. “I must know, what is your name, kind sir!”
Eilea
KAAAAAAAANNNEE!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Fallen On You [Kane]

Postby Kane on February 28th, 2013, 3:57 am

A sudden invasion of his personal space was all it took to snap Kane out of his distracted thoughts. Okay, a bit too close here. Backing away would be nice. She began to gush over him, showering him with compliments. Normally this would be flattering, but the way this girl said them sent a chill down his spine. I’m getting a bad feeling. Initiate escape plan.

Just as he was about to back away and run for the hills, the girl latched onto his arm. Woah. Invasion of personal space has increased. Escape plan failed. Move to backup plan. Kane stared blankly as the girl blathered about marriage. Oh god, she’s crazy. She’s a serious crazy person. His back went rigid as her eyes turned dark and she leaned her head on his shoulder. Her eyes just changed. They changed before too, didn't they? That's not normal. Nope. And now she wants to know my name. This is an emergency situation. All hands on deck. New plan, escape from crazy girl. Initiate.

“Um, you know. Nothing special...” Slowly, Kane moved to attempt to pry her hands off his arm. “I’m not really that important.” He was having little luck in his endeavor. Seriously? How does she have this firm a grip?! “Heh heh... heh.” His escape venture only seemed to cause her to squeeze tighter. Huffing, Kane rethought his plans. Okay, this isn’t working. I’m gonna have to give something up for freedom.

“Kane. My name’s Kane.” Hopefully in temporarily going along with her, he’d be able to find a way to bolt.
Kane

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Fallen On You [Kane]

Postby Eilea on February 28th, 2013, 4:57 pm

The handsome man was acting so nervous. Eilea bet that if she looked at him, he’d be blushing. She tried to snuggle closely against him, tightening her grip around his arm. The man was being so modest by telling her that he wasn’t important. Such a great attribute for a man, Eilea had to admit. She had definitely fallen on the most stunning and charming man in the city. And she couldn’t be happier. Then he told her his name! Of course he liked her as well, there was no doubt!

‘Kane?’ It was such a regal name. Full of strength and authority. ‘Kane.’ She repeated the name multiple times in her head, smiling wider with each one. She decided to step back, a bit away from him, but never let go of his arm.

The Vantha gathered her thoughts and spoke softly, but firmly, using the best choice of words she could muster, “Kane, you are such a heroic person, thank you once again for catching me. Let’s go on a walk together, get to know one another?” Without waiting for a response, Eilea pulled on Kane’s arm. “My name is Eilea.” She began. “I’m new here! How long have you been here? I’m from Avanthal. I don’t know many people. Do you know many people?” And so the insane ramblings began…

Eilea
KAAAAAAAANNNEE!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Fallen On You [Kane]

Postby Kane on March 3rd, 2013, 6:40 am

The crazy girl finally backed away. Now she just needs to let go of my arm. Kane grumbled. He vaguely noted what he saw as a manic grin fixed on her face before she began speaking.

She appeared to be putting much thought into her words. Wow. I didn’t realize she was capable of coherent thought. Shocking. His internal sarcasm led to him missing many of the carefully chosen words the girl was speaking, until one particular phrase about romantic walks together caught his attention. And made him slightly ill.

“Wha-” Kane’s protest was cut off by a tug on his arm pulling him forward. She then supplied him with her name. Eilie? Elia? This chick has a weird name. And she once again began to ramble. Of all the crazy girls, I just had to save the one that never shuts up. This is my life.

Deciding a new escape plan was in order, Kane began to glance around the area. All he saw were birds. Curse them and their feathers. He hissed quietly. Wait. New plan. Grinning, he looked towards the newly deemed What’s-her-face, and waited patiently for a lull in her inane chattering. Finally, an opening was spotted.

Kane widened his eyes in awe and pointed dramatically. “Look! A bird!”
Last edited by Kane on March 3rd, 2013, 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kane

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Fallen On You [Kane]

Postby Eilea on March 3rd, 2013, 6:49 am

Eilea continued talking. She spoke about her home, and way she was there. She even complimented the nice young fellow on his clothes, his height, his arms, and well, his everything. Alright, yes she was insane. Or she had actually fallen for this man. Or rather, fallen on…

Then he stopped. Eilea cocked her head to the side and looked at him. Suddenly he was super excited about… a bird? At first she was confused, there were many birds in Wind Reach. And then, she got excited. Was it a bird she hadn't seen? She loved new things?

The girl let go of his arm and turned away from him. She looked in the direction he was pointing and glanced around, looking at every part of the sky she could see. But there was nothing out of the ordinary. Or at least not that the Vantha could see. “Uhm… Kanie, darling… I don’t know what you…” She turned.
Eilea
KAAAAAAAANNNEE!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Fallen On You [Kane]

Postby Kane on March 3rd, 2013, 7:27 am

There was a distinct lack of arms blocking any escape. Kane immediately took advantage of What’s-her-face’s momentary lack of attention to his being, and bolted, just like he used to in his younger days upon hearing the angry, booming voice of his father after learning that his son had once again blackmailed the neighbor’s children.

He only had a few short seconds to make his daring escape. A cart would have to do for a shield, and Kane ducked down to make himself as small as possible. Please don’t let her see me.
Kane

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next