A Brief Introduction

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

A Brief Introduction

Postby Caweyre on February 28th, 2013, 4:20 am

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!

I would prefer to be called Caweyre. In general, I prefer to stay IC as much as possible.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?

I've been role-playing since around 1988, if we're counting table-top, dice based gaming.

I started "social" RP's in 1994 on a White Wolf BBS. From there, I moved to IRC, and role played regularly in chat rooms for around five years. I've spent a good deal of time in recent years engaging in forum-based role playing.

3. How did you find us?

I googled "Roleplaying Forum," and looked through a few different ranking sites, and at other forums. Yours seemed the most appealing.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?

I prefer to make three or four paragraph long posts. Though, to be honest, I tend to write to match the style, and pace of the people I'm roleplaying with. I'm more of a follower than a leader by nature. I want to fit in.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?

I enjoy writing dreamscapes. Otherwise, I mostly enjoy roleplaying with people who take my characters in unexpected directions.

I don't particularly enjoy reading or writing gore, or violence. A well played fight scene is one thing, but I don't need to read about what happens when someone gets cut open, or lit on fire. It's enough to read that it has happened.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?

I've only just begun to read your wiki, and other guides. So far, I like uniqueness of the world you're building. It's nice to see something that isn't completely derivative.

I'm also enamored of the Charoda. I don't get to play Caweyre very often because he's usually a mermaid. There's something about the sea that moves me, and I think I can use that to do some really pretty writing. :)

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?

The amount of documentation I have to read to begin playing is a little bit daunting. That said, I don't see how else you would build a complex, original world without it.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?

I would like to be surprised, and taken in directions with my character that I would never go in real life, as my real self. I would like to interact with other complex characters, with rich stories to share.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?

I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer that question.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?

No, not really. Hopefully, I'll finish reading through the documentation, and create a character in the next couple days so I can join the game.
Caweyre
Player

Words: 12818
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2013, 3:39 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Brief Introduction

Postby Traverse on February 28th, 2013, 10:23 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Caweyre! (I'm curious as to how you picture the phonetic pronunciation of that to be)

I am truly excited to find another White Wolf fan milling about, as I am simply in love with nearly everything they have made as of late, and am also thrilled that you have chosen to play a Charoda! They are a super underutilized race so I am glad they grabbed you from the onset, and am very intrigued to see where you go with yours!

I totally understand the daunting nature of the lore, but all will be revealed in time, I swear. I wish you luck as you flesh out your character sheet, as well as safe travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

A Brief Introduction

Postby Caweyre on February 28th, 2013, 10:56 pm

The phonetic pronunciation is "kay-where" with the "r" sound in the second syllable rolled. His last name is d'Medea.

White wolf is a great system, with a really solid history behind it. It helps that they get some amazing authors to work on their expansion material like C.S. Friedman.

As for the lore, and history: It's a fun read. After a few hours when I got over the initial feeling of vertigo, and started seeing how everything fit together, I started enjoying myself quite a bit. ^_^
Caweyre
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Brief Introduction

Postby Min on March 1st, 2013, 11:14 am

Why hello there *licks lips*

:D

Sorry I couldn't resist - but hopefully Min will be able to resist looking upon you as a tasty snack...

We must thread! (well, that was a bit imperious but it might be fun - A Myrian and a Charoda both in a "foreign" environment - maybe she will behave herself :P)

And welcome to Mizahar, one newb to another :) Caweyre looks like a lovely character. I hope you have lots of fun with him!
Min
Healer with an attitude

Words: 95042
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2012, 10:20 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Brief Introduction

Postby Ka'Rael on March 1st, 2013, 3:11 pm

Hey there! Welcome to Mizahar.

What WW IRC servers did you play on? I've played on quite a few of them myself :)
Ka'Rael
Stalwart. Loyal. Ferocious. Simple. Tiger.

Words: 27193
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 4:19 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal

A Brief Introduction

Postby Caweyre on March 1st, 2013, 9:15 pm

Min wrote:
Why hello there *licks lips*

:D

Sorry I couldn't resist - but hopefully Min will be able to resist looking upon you as a tasty snack...

We must thread! (well, that was a bit imperious but it might be fun - A Myrian and a Charoda both in a "foreign" environment - maybe she will behave herself :P)

And welcome to Mizahar, one newb to another :) Caweyre looks like a lovely character. I hope you have lots of fun with him!

From what I've read, Caweyre has a pretty nasty set of teeth as well. Be careful, he might bite back.

Don't worry about being imperious, it's charming. I just made an open RP thread in Syrliras if you'd like to hop into it. Otherwise, set up a scene and invite me. I'll do my best to work Caweyre into it.

Thanks for your kind words.

Ka'Rael wrote:Hey there! Welcome to Mizahar.

What WW IRC servers did you play on? I've played on quite a few of them myself :)

EFnet and DALnet primarily.
Caweyre
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Brief Introduction

Postby Traverse on March 1st, 2013, 9:37 pm

Wow, and I thought I was WW savvy. I am afraid I have only used their books to play the table top versions of their stories. I feel so silly now!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

A Brief Introduction

Postby Caweyre on March 1st, 2013, 9:43 pm

I wouldn't feel too silly. When I was a teenager I'd hand out in graveyards LARP'ing as a Malkavian with bad make-up, and dressed all in black.

That's silly.
Caweyre
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Brief Introduction

Postby Traverse on March 1st, 2013, 10:02 pm

Man I would have loved to LARP Masquerade or whatever the vamp pre-cursor to that was...Definitely not silly!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

A Brief Introduction

Postby Lenell Belleste on March 1st, 2013, 11:12 pm

Hello, Caweyre. I was quite interested in the Charoda people myself, but chose to start with a human, since I don't have as much RPG experience as others. They are definitely on my list for a second character, if I find I can handle one.

I am not familiar with the WW system mentioned above, but the name C.S. Friedman was enough to perk my ears up. I adore her books, and am always waiting for a new one. Such lovely and complicated characters, plus excellent writing.

I am impressed with such a well organized introduction. I just got on and blathered. Also, adore your portrait. Lovely, lovely.

Lenell
Lenell Belleste
Player

Words: 47929
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2013, 4:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next