So happy to be here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

So happy to be here!

Postby Lenell Belleste on March 1st, 2013, 10:45 pm

Hello, all! I am really glad to have found this site. Have only been on one other writing RPG site, and that was years ago, but I've missed it dearly. I love to write, and collaboratively writing with others is so inspiring and fun! Not to mention a great way to meet new friends.

I am a physics and astronomy student, but I started out as an English major, so my interests vary widely. Currently, I am on medical leave due to an injury that has me on disability, though. No worries, initial big badness has faded, and physical therapy is progressing well. Can't keep a good woman down, huh? But in the meantime, having a new outlet for my time and energies can't be anything but healthy. So I researched similar sites till I found the one I thought would suit. And this is definitely the one.

So my life these days is mostly books and recovery---not too exciting. When well, I adore camping, swimming, hiking and dancing. I love people. Well, don't we all, in some sense. :D

Ok, enough of my ego (down ego, bad creature, back in your cage!). Can't wait to get to know the rest of my fellow players. Also can't wait to learn how to make pretty things on computer. Like a signature fancier than:

Lenell
(Note: Except for the name, all of the above is OOC)
Lenell Belleste
Player

Words: 47929
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2013, 4:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

So happy to be here!

Postby Traverse on March 2nd, 2013, 2:34 am

Welcome to Mizahar, Lenell!

Glad to hear you are recovering from whatever mishap has got you down, and can't wait to see what you do on Miz! If you're curious about aesthetic stuff there is a super handy BBC Code Guide found here, and there are a plethora of wonderful artists with a myriad of styles that are happy to make art for characters that hang around Miz for just a wee bit.

Safe Travels!

-Traverse
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

So happy to be here!

Postby Caweyre on March 2nd, 2013, 3:34 am

Do you have a favorite C.S. Friedman book?

Also, if you'd like help cropping/framing an image for your signature or avatar just post it here, and I'll do my best to help you. I use Paint.NET for pretty much all my image editing. It's free, and has most of the functions that the expensive programs have.
Caweyre
Player

Words: 12818
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2013, 3:39 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

So happy to be here!

Postby Lenell Belleste on March 2nd, 2013, 11:22 am

Thank you very much, Traverse. I saw the wonderful offers for artistic design, and might apply, but I am going to spend some time trying to explore what I can learn to do for myself first.

On that note, Caweyre, I might turn to you for help, but you have already helped me with that great link to free software! I am definitely not rolling in the cash these days, so free is good. Free is very good.

My first C.S. Friedman book was "The Madness Season." I have really enjoyed the recent Magister series. But "This Alien Shore" still stands as my favorite. The concept is so wonderfully original. What's your favorite?

You're a Gaiman fan as well? Something else we have in common, which must mean you are an individual with exceptionally good taste. :D And how cool you got an answer to your letters. That's amazing.

So many kind, helpful and welcoming people here. Thanks and thanks again.
Last edited by Lenell Belleste on March 2nd, 2013, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenell Belleste
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

So happy to be here!

Postby Caweyre on March 2nd, 2013, 11:27 am

One less.
Caweyre
Player

Words: 12818
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2013, 3:39 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

So happy to be here!

Postby Vincent C on March 2nd, 2013, 3:47 pm

It took me six months to write a CS, so don't come to me in your time of need when there's cropping, frames, BBcode and all that shizam.

I can however bring you hope and joy when it comes to books, because I know a secret. I know the best fantasy trilogy ever written. Actually it might not be the best, but it's definitely better than a kick in the shins.

Check out Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy and thank me later.
Vincent C
Player

Words: 7264
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2012, 5:17 am

So happy to be here!

Postby Lenell Belleste on March 2nd, 2013, 9:09 pm

Hmmm. New books, kick in the shins? New books, kick in the shins? I'll take the books. Thanks for the recommendation. Always on the lookout for new authors.
Lenell Belleste
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets