Closed Preventing issues. ( zand/ job thread)

Xi hears that he'll be having another guard accompany him for a while, little does he know he knows her well)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Preventing issues. ( zand/ job thread)

Postby Ximal on January 31st, 2013, 4:13 pm

Xoi stretched lightly a yawn ecaping him, he'd been doing this for a while but being jup this early was still an issue for him, mostly due to the fact he'd have to get consistently hammered every night to be able to get ANY sleep at all. Rubbing the bridge of his nose between his eye's he Stretched his other arm. He wasn't ready for a big bout just yet. Though Xi didn't fail to spot zand catching herself. Xii smirked lightly and tilted his head. "I'm not the same fool you met back in sunberth. Once he's back with his group that's when we'll strike. They'll be on alert. Paranoia is a strong ally especially when it's your opponent who has it. Mostly because it aids in the application of fear. make them fear you and the whole thing is a lot easier. Then we can pick them off one by one. Also don't worry about the formalities, i know what your like so just be normal, may be a job but were still human beings. I'm no better than you and vice versa." Xi smirked as he headded off into the forest with zand tailing the lout who they'd let out. Still Xi could see that he was leading them back to camp but now that ther was a plan in place they could act.

Upon hearing the excess information Xi kept it in his mind but spoke out lightly.
"Odds are most of that is a lie, they've probably good a decently armed force and possibly a few cross bows between em, it doesn't take a marksman to point and shoot, trust me, i've used one of those blasted things before. So do what you do best and stick to the shadows. You attack from the rear of the group and pick off the targets that are the easiest to your perception. I'll do the same from the front. I know what your like, but i dunno what little tricks you've got on you, so just stay alert and be careful. I'm not taking out the bow it's too large for this , that and the arrows would punch right through a person. So it's by far to conspicuous. Basically my plan is zand you do what you do best which is sneak and assassinate and i'll do what i do best which is eliminate the target. This duncan probably has the most skill lest he wouldn't be the leader and if those two call him a biggan leave his grandiose ass to me. Also i don't need to tell you but if you get into trouble don't act out. The...petchers around here live a woman who fights back, jut stay calm and pray i don't miss." Xi may have meant that last bit as a joke but now that he thought about it , he really meant it, his shots todate had been dumb luck. So right now he needed the little bits of help.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Zandelia on February 8th, 2013, 12:18 am

“Very well, I shall be myself and keep no airs or graces, you huge lummox,” she smiled at him sideways, “but see, you won’t like it” she finished, pushing onwards through the powdered environment, her muscles beginning to strain a little with the effort of re-forging their quarries path in the snow.

He is right though, he is not the fool he used to be. His plan has merit in its basics, but I’d rather still remove any sentries before springing an assault – it’s foolish to be attacked from many sides at once, especially when you can stop it from happening before the fight even begins she told herself as the trees began to thicken in number.

It was like something out of the old tales, snow packed forest floor giving off a faint mist that curled around the trees as they themselves grew denser and their foliage thicker as the edges of the forest exposed to the elements the most trailed away and the interior began to fill the surroundings. It was closer here, a fact that she knew would work in their favour – it would stop attackers from swarming them, not to mention making it easier for her to slink around them and get her tasks done. Ximal knew her well enough, she would be able to take out a few of them before they knew she was upon them. She had a few cunning items ready for them if things got too dicey but she hoped that the operation would be relatively smooth. It was as she went about options inside her skull that the sound of crackling wood, the smell of faint smoke on the breeze and the noise of drunken boating reached them.

“Looks like we have arrived then Ximal,” she looked at him and crouched down, motioning for him to do the same if he had not already, her attention was focused in front of them, “I’ve got a few tricks so I’ll circle the camp. I’ll try and kill as many of them as possible before returning” she told him as she felt around herself to make sure that she had everything in place and easy at hand.

Assassin’s beads, spring blade, rope with noose tied in it, tonfa and gauntlet spikes. Not to mention daggers. Ready as I’ll ever be to kill these bastards she told herself as she mentally checked everything off twice to make sure she was thorough.

“I will kill as many of the sentries as I can and retreat to the far end of the camp, to the south. If I can send a signal for you I will but if not try and drive them that way if you can – I will set up a trap or two for them and pick off a few stragglers” she told him with a breathy voice, impending combat giving her borrowed adrenaline and lightening her mood slightly.

“Look, I’ll Leave Duncan to you if you want to show me how rippling your pectorals are, just try and keep him alive. Please. He might have information that I need, it is important to me. If you can’t I understand but I know you’re talented enough to at least try, so I’d appreciate it if you did. Even give you a cut of the spoils if you wanted” she told him, her gaze glinting in the moonlight as she stared into his eyes for a few silent moments before whirling away into the darkness, Shadowsilk Robes blending her in artfully.

I hope he keeps him alive, another dead trail and I’ll petching kill myself she sighed inwardly as she slunk forwards tree by tree, not bothering to crouch yet as she circled further south in attempt to seek out sentries and gauge how large the encampment was.

She was confident that Ximal would know the right time to strike. If she needed to she’d throw something into the camp fire to show him when, once her job was done.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on February 8th, 2013, 8:33 pm

Xi was hunkered down low behind toms thick brush letting zaqnd stalk off into the midst of the cap as she was good at. Xi had to hand it to her she was as good as ana was when it came to stealth but she had a lot more skill when it came to "dealing " with people. Xi kept himself as hidden as his huge frame would allow behind the blanket of brush. is large black cloak helping mask him against the night. Creeping closer to the camp he allowed zand to pull away and do her thing around the outside of the camp. Today was a day to not kill people as Zand had requested instead Xi would do what he did well. Subdue them. Creeping closer towards the camp ix let a scout walk by just let him stroll past him before snapping out of the bushes and looping a thick arm around his neck his elbow beneath the scout's shin and allowed his forearm and his bicep to clamp down and use hi's other arm to hold his arm tight and counted to ten. Knocking the scout out and dragging his unconscious self into the bushes before tying his hands up with some rope on the scouts person and gagging him with the his cloak Xi left him in the dirt before sliding closer into the camp hoping that zand was doing some similar work. Xi was going towards the core of the camp but via the darkest points. Zand would probably be doing the same in Xi's head and hopefully they'd meet up in the centrer of the camp outside this " duncan's " tent. Xi had re-leaved a few items from the scout, namely a few small throwing knives and a couple crossbow bolts...As well as a small bag of powder, which to Xi's tastes turned out to be flour. Patting the bag lightly near a torch the flour popped out and ignited almost instantly... And now he knew why this was on the scouts person. instant fireball to alert the camp. Xi kept that small bag of flour on him as he closed in on the main tent knowing he couldn't avoid the people instead he resolved to knock them out however he found necessary.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 2nd, 2013, 12:44 pm

The going was not overly difficult for her, her time in the Spires had at least showed her that you could hide in the sparsest of cover if you were only willing to try. As she made her way to the east side of the camp she saw little that told her the encampment was not run by a slobbering mercenary with small mind. She flitted from tree to shrub, from shrub to tall grasses and back to the trunk of a singular tree in her quest for any semblance of watchers. She was careful in her movements, her gaze picking out the dangerous shapes of twigs and other audible surfaces upon which to step so that silence was her friend – in the darkness a more important friend than cover for the most part.

Sentries wouldn’t be able to see far into the dark and the fire’s light should make them easier to see if they’re stupid. At least it will give me a good idea of where to look, they wouldn’t stray far from the warmth she told herself as she stopped and peered through the leaves of a bush and towards the visible glow in the distance.

She slipped out and kept her wits sharp as she slowly, movement by shifting movement, made her way closer towards the camp. It was as she leant her back against another tree – the rough bark comforting in a way – that she snatched a glimpse of her first target. They were well hidden in the undergrowth a little to the south of her, the main thing giving them away the tiny shimmers of light catching their metal every so often. She smiled and crouched low to the ground so as to make use of some of the grasses around her. She circled the guard at a same distance until she was south of even them. It was time to strike, she knew, and speed would be her greatest ally here. She came out o hiding, weaving her way in between cover now rather than using it to her advantage. Her tonfa came out in her right hand, her left still devoid of weapon. It was quick, clean and most of all brutally efficient, the butt of her tonfa lashing out at the base of the sentry’s skull, sickening thud of impact and the collapsing of their knees. She lowered him to the ground as slowly and silently as she could before heaving him into some grass where he would be un-noticed.

One down, let us see if we can’t find some more she trumpeted in success to herself.

There would not be others to the North, that much she was sure of and any who might be there would be Ximal’s toy to play with. No, she kept at roughly the same distance from the central camp as she continued on her path southwards, as she had told Ximal she would do so. She met nothing for some time as she flit from tree to tree, the wood cover being more generous the further south she went for some unknown reason that only the Goddess knew. She had put her tonfa back into its place too, its body too unwieldy for stealth on the move. It was after a few chimes of moving, knees bent and balls of her feet cushioning her paces, she came upon her second sentry – this one far more difficult to deal with for they were up a tree. She stopped slowly, trying to let the darkness blend in her shape and knowing sudden movements were easier to see than slow, consistent ones. As she managed to get to the base of the tree they were perched in she tried to puzzle out her problem.

How the petch do I get them down without alerting all and sundry with their falls? she mused, back against the tree so she could watch for newcomers from the camp whilst she thought out her problem.

Time was most definitely not on her side at that point.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on March 3rd, 2013, 4:28 am

Interesting, these were no normal mercs if they'd developed things like that to alert people. Xi wan't the sneakiest of people nor the most conniving but he could see how this would help. A huge fire ball to alert the whole camp in an instant, interesting. Crouching down and hiding behind a few of the tents Xi kept low and tried to find away around the camp, which didn't involve him sticking out like a sore thumb. The walk around the tents was slow and steady going, though Xi did stumble across a few things. Mostly through falling through the opening of a tent into a what looked like a small armoury. What in the name of havoc were they doing here ? It was a merc camp perhaps this was their main base? Xi sneaked out of that tent before spotting another guard. Sneaking up behind him Xi took him down in the same way a bent arm around the throat, like a vice pulling back on it with his other arm and, three...two...one...Night night jackass. Pulling the now unconscious guard into the weapons tent Xi tied him up with his own rope and left him there and headed out he wasn't going to bother with much, the amount of guards around here was ridiculous and zand was dealing with the sentries. Xi on the other hand was making a bee line for the largest tent. If he took out the leader then the others theoretically would just fall in line, that or really gang up on em. Either way taking the most dangerous one out of the picture first wasn't exactly a bad idea. The slow going was more for precautions sake than anything else making sure that he didn't mess up and screw up either zand's hiding or his own, then again he relied less on the hiding more on just getting the problems out of the way.

oocNot really much to post to ie just moving towards the centre of the camp >.>

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes