( job thread) To catch a thief [ana]

Xi catches wind of a thief on the loose in the spires and immediately his suspicions turn to an old acuaintence.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ximal on October 28th, 2012, 2:05 am

As ana returned the pain in his head lessened. He now had a possible source of information. but all she did was ask him if he found anything out of the ordinary. Flicking his eyes too her he shot up his hand to cover his face and lessen the pain from both liro and his headaches.
"I was searching by the door...And i found a set of black feathers...they didnt fall out naturally, they were cut out...Or at least torn out." Xi's right hand began to tighten and ball into a fist, as he left the house hopefully with ana in tow. Holding his hand infront of his face as he now spoke it was like speaking through a mask.

"I'm taking us to the nxt site of a thievery...here i don't know what was stolen...All i know is that the owner of the house is a kelvic. Xi was in a really bad way liro was biting at him and his head was pounding nothing was going to help him in this predicament. Upto the door Xi held his face and even knocking on it he kept his head and face blocked from view. Awaiting for an answer and some form of conversation from the little woman who was hopefully still with him.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on November 1st, 2012, 2:11 am

"Feathers? What thief would have feathers? Well anyways a pocket watch was taken, though why a Jamoura would ever have one- I'm not sure I'll ever know, or we'll ever figure out why.." Ana said a little randomly, but informatively to Ximal; giving him a side ways glance and taking note of the bit of distress, was he frustrated? Following after him and listening, nodding as they came up to the house, tentatively she touched his arm before they were to investigate.

"Ximal, think like a thief, they're quick, they're smart, and they certainly have good eyes for the shinies" she said a little quieter, almost whispering, features calm as her eyes searched him a bit "don't be frustrated over this, most thieves do what they do to live because they feel they have no other way to do so, some others may be compelled to steal because they can- they're confident they can get away. I suggest we investigate any one who is related to black feathers, especially kelvics."

Stepping in front of him and stared up at him, despite her small size, she was confident "I'm saying this now because I think maybe, just maybe, this thief was too arrogant in his or her ability that he or she might have become flustered when about to be discovered. I was a former thief, I know how this goes down.." she whispered quieter, hoping she was convincing him in any way possible "I know you have little reason to believe me, but I won't let you sully my name, or this new life I've come to aquire."

Taking a step back, she was dead serious as she kept her gaze locked onto his face "I'm ready to investigate the kelvic," she stepped to the side and gestured for him to move forwards "lead the way."

The kelvics house was small compared to most homes but it was perfect for anyone that just wanted shelter from the elements; home to that of a Jackdaw kelvic. The kelvic was in her true form and pacing nervously around the small hut, acting as if nervous, while the birds head cocked up at the newcomers and chirped at them insistantly before poofing into an unclad woman with cascading black hair and surprisingly dark brown eyes, her skin borderline tan in color. She wore no clothing.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ximal on November 1st, 2012, 2:43 am

Xi continued to clutch his head the apin was dying down but it was till prevalent. The clawing fangs of lirop at his psyche was lessening but still he kept his hand there. Listening to ana speak with him, commenting about the feathers. And as to why there would be feathers? It was a good point, why would there be black feathers in a jamoura's house with no birds ? Still she went on to comment about the pocket watch as to that was what had been taken, even making a small joke about it. Xi still had his face shrouded but if she'd seen the corner of his mouth she might have caught the small wry grin peeling his lips up. Though her next sentence wiped the grin off of his face. Xi wasn't a thief nor did he have a thief's mindset. it was something not foreign but something he had no manner of thinking on. If he did something he did it with honour. With a small amount of recoil she touched his arm, was this her trying to be comforting?
"Ana i'm not covering, covering my face in frustration, this is what i do when i'm trying to hold back a...certain side of me. You know what he's like. There is nothing worse for both the peace fo this place and me, than if he were to get loose." Xi halted with the little girl before him. Babbling on about the thief getting too confident ion their skill and this leading them to getting flustered. And that this was something from experience. Oh i bet. I'm certain you've gotten into more than a few sticky situations due to your sticky fingers.

She was right though he did have little treason to believe her, and less still to trust her now, but she was helping him and that was a credit too her. As she spoke about this being a kelvic she was ready, Xi took a step forwards and the door swung open to reveal a rather...impatient kevic. Though the immediate thing that Xi noticed as he walked in was that he had to crouch heavily. Almost dropping a full foot to try and walk inside. There was one thing this place wan't big on, and that was head room. Still the kelvic inside must have noticed him as she shifted to her human form. Striking dark brown eyes and long straight black hair enough to cascade down and cover her ample bosom. Xi bit back a comment that much have possibly offended ana but he still let out a slight smirk and even liro who was lurking in his head couldn't help but laugh. Xi cleared his throat and lowered his hand knocking the smirk off of his face at the same time.
"Sorry to bother you miss, but i'm with the spires guard. You reported something having been stolen from here? I brought a friend whose an expert at investigating thefts with me. Would you mind if she took a look around the inside as i fear it's a bit too cramped for me in here." Xi smiled as he took a step back outside to stand at fuill height again, and the crack from his back was audible. Then again he spoke to Ana "I really cant go in there it hurts my neck too much so can you go in and investigate this place, just keep me informed about what you find."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Limey on March 3rd, 2013, 6:09 pm

Ximal

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 3 That Sounds Familiar...
Persuasion 2 Takes A Thief To Catch A Thief
Intimidation 1 You Scratch My Back, Etc.
Investigation 1 Softening The Blow... Or Trying To
Scene Of The Crime
Shutting Out The Voice

Ana

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 3 Probably Not A Social Call
Rhetoric 2 Defiance Toward The Unjust
Investigation 1 Can't You See I've Changed?
Fighting Temptation
Reconstructing The Scene
Pride Comes Before An Arrest

Shared Lore:
Think Like A Thief

Additional Notes :
A shame this never got finished, but good job to you both for what was there.

Any questions or queries, please PM me.
Limey
[Insert G&R Lyrics Here]

Words: 91990
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Office

Previous