Closed The First of Financial Gain

Auni hopes to get hired as a hunter for Juicy Morsels.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

The First of Financial Gain

Postby Auni on March 1st, 2013, 2:03 am

3rd of Winter, 512 AV :

“FINALLY!” Intermingled with the high pitched exclamation was an underlying threat of loose lips. Auni was never scared to invoke curses of even the most colorful kind, however she refrained herself this once. It would be rather unpleasant to have her plans as spoiled as a piece of rancid meat. Especially when those plans were centered around a Meat Shop. For the past day and a half the girl had been calculating her chances of joining the ranks of Hunters who served Juicy Morsels. Although the store was located within the perimeter of Spirian land it's business had in no way been diminished. It was not the customers Auni was hesitant about though. So, then, why had she not yet approached the proprietors?

Well, for one, she was in no mood to be banned from the place on account of civil matters. She was looking to earn Mizas not loose them. The Kelvic woman was not a frequent patron but she had definitely heard the rumors, the gossips spilled by those leaving the nest of such a wicked witch. No one could blame her for the precursory sense of ill will. Akassi had a reputation. One that was dipped in such pomposity that Auni held the belief that should she cross the threshold of the store while that tiny human was inside there would undoubtedly be an altercation. Conflict that she hoped to avoid by interacting with Mikal at a time that was the most advantageous for herself. A time that had just arose.

The Kelvic was filled with youth, her posture demonstrating an agility the likes of which was hard to match. A trait that was particularly apparent when she moved through the doorway. Auni paused just inside, her silvered irises gleaming as they swept around in a swift assessment of her first real view of Juicy Morsels. Not a bad one, in her opinion. The interior seemed to be far more pleasant than one would expect from a place that housed raw meats. Auni stood there in all her crude, unfiltered glory. She might be searching for employment but she saw no purpose in altering her natural personality. So when she called out it was with her normal, lilting tone. Words rolling off her tongue in a fashion that betrayed the fang's that hid within the confines of her mouth. “Greetings!” Her optics had now focused on the man she sought to speak with and she was not timid in the least about her motives as she got closer to him. “I've come for a job. Got any to spare?”
Auni
The Kelvic with Countless Kinks

Words: 11153
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2013, 3:17 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The First of Financial Gain

Postby Capricious on March 10th, 2013, 2:54 pm

Purpose: Hiring Thread

When Auni first entered the store, Mikal was working over a desk. A moss covered stick acted as a writing utensil for each scratch he made onto a piece of bark paper. Thin lips moved as he counted and mumbled to himself. Every so often, his head would bob in approval or his eyebrows would come together in a frown before backtracking. Every so often he would refer back to different pieces of bark paper before striking a mark through and writing something in its place. It was quite obvious Mikal was intent on his task because he barely moved when Auni entered.

Only when Mikal glanced up to count the back-strips hanging on the wall did he notice her. Then she felt the need to yell and announce herself wildly. Mikal frowned at her, as if in disapproval. "Ah, a job? Is this your first job?" A pause. "I remember my first job. I was running the streets of Denval with messages in hand. From one place to the next I would scramble, ducking through the people on crowded streets with only the reward in mind. Fastest courier there ever w..Right. Yes. A job." Setting the writing utensil down, Mikal folded his hands on his desk. "What type of job are you looking at?"

Only after she answered hunter would Mikal continue. "I see. I see. We are always willing to hire, but it is necessary to know the type of people we have working for us. What experience do you have? What are your views on hunting? Why do you seek this career?"

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)