[Verified by Siren] Syren

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Syren

Postby Syren on March 24th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Name: Syren

Sex: Male

winter 493 AV

Race: Benshira

Language: Shiber (Fluent) Common (Basic) Pavi (Poor)

Appearance

Soren could be consived as quite a good-looking young man. His primary feature is his piercing blue eyes against his sun kissed tanned skin. His hair is wavy, and dark, saturated brown in color and is usually kept fairly short. It is usually unkempt and windswept looking, but this just adds to the appeal of his appearance. His eyebrows are clean, and straight, with the tips of his hair just covering them in some parts. He has pleasant facial features and a very angular jawline.

His expression would usually be neutral, but he has been known to grin a lot. When he smiles, one can see kindness and warmth, despite the cold color of his eyes and the darkness of his deep red lips.

Soren stands at an average height of 6’3”. His physic is slim, and fairly muscular, though not overly. He has tanned skin, favors loose clothing that he can move around freely in.

Personality

Syran has always been spirited, opinionated, and outgoing. He’s a jokester, a charmer, and he is very hospitable. He’s the sort that will go out of his way to help others. He could be called brave, as he is willing to stand up for what he perceives to be right. Unfortunately, for however brave he is, there are some flaws Sy possesses, that can get him into a world of hurt. For one, he has a big mouth. He always has. As much as his family tried to shut him up, he would always speak his mind. Some times at inappropriate times.

He is also hot-headed, and too sensitive. Especially if one were to insult someone he holds dear. He will stand up to those he has no chance of beating, if he is angry enough. He hates anyone who would betray another. He hates people who would cast someone out, or refuse to help someone in need. He hates anyone who is rich and lazy, though there aren’t many people like that. He hate’s thugs and anyone who takes advantage of the weak.

Apart from his short temper, and sensitivity, Sy is quite friendly to people. He is, at his heart, a kind person.

History

Syren was born and raised in the desert by a fairly normal Benshira family. He worshiped Yahal avidly, he worked hard to prime himself to become a protector of the tribe. He was taught by his father how to hunt, and provide for his family. He was taught to respect his mother, and to honor her wisdom. His father was the son of the current patriarch, and soon became patriarch himself. Once Syren was old enough, he was constantly badgered about marriage. Several ladies from various families were presented to him, but he had not yet fallen for any of them.

This was where everything would go wrong.

Syren was a bold boy, and often said what he pleased. One day he said that none of the girls took his fancy, and that he didn’t want to marry yet. Then, a traveler arrived, which made everything that much worse. It was a lone Kelvic who had escaped a slaver by running for the deserts, where a Zith, sensitive to the light wouldn’t follow. She was a canine, a tri-colored border collie. Their family allowed her into their tent and tended to her wounds. They treated her well and Syren took an immediate liking to her

The two of them got to know each other well. Syren even re-named her from ‘Wretch’ as her master used to yell at her, To Meliyah. She was different than Sy. She was just as loud, but she was adventurous, and she didn’t much like the deserts. She constantly needed to have something to occupied herself or she would become bored, and miserable. But Syren began to like her more and more, and he was afraid she would leave.

But he needn’t worry, for the canine girl hadn’t been there long before she’d formed a bond between herself and Syren. There would be no braking it. The two of them fell for each other so quickly. And his family were beginning to get worried. Soon enough their worry was justified. They found the two of them in an embrace, they saw how they loved each other, So they asked Meliyah to leave.

Syren complained that she was still their guest, and that she had no where to go! She would never make it out of the deserts alive! But nothing worked. She was banished and that was the end of the matter

or was it...

Syren, in a fit of rage, would opt to get himself banished too. He was angry enough that he stormed right up to his father and proclaimed that he wanted to marry the kelvic. He knew that marring outside of their race was bounds for disownment. By Sy had formed a bond, and he would not let her be kicked out like that. So he, and his lover, and bondmate, found themselves alone. His father told him that he was a disgrace, and that he was no longer part of their family.

So Syren and Meliyah left the desert, officially, when Sy was about 17. They traveled together around the desert, visiting each city and staying there for long periods of time, then gathering supplies and heading out into the desert again. After a long treck they made it to Endrykas found themselves in Endrykas. While they were there, Meliyah taught Syren to speak common better, in return for Syren teaching her Shibah. The two of them are very happy together, but Syren cannot shake the constant feeling of guilt and shame that his father had brought upon him when he decided he wanted to leave with his bondmate.

The two of them somehow, after weeks of traveling, found themselves admists the sea of grass. It was a mirical the pair made it out alive, but, wounded and exhausted, they stumbled upon the moving tent city of Endrykas. They were helped by healers and allowed to set up their tents in the city. Over the year or so they have spent there they've managed to learn a smattering of phrases in Pavi

Syren in trying to keep them afloat by building his hunting skills and archery skills. They have agreed to follow the city where ever it may go until they decide to move on.
Last edited by Syren on March 27th, 2013, 2:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I'm speaking Shiber

I'm speaking common

I'm speaking Pavi (probably very badly)
Syren
Call me Sy

Words: 23027
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2013, 2:10 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Syren

Postby Syren on March 25th, 2013, 9:21 am

TABLES

Lore

Lore Thread
Lore of the history of the Benshira None, starting pack
Lore of love over family none, starting pack
Pavi is a Visual language, not just verbal The hunter and his Dog
Maliyah: A very troublesome Kelvic The hunter and his Dog
Cooling Things Down The hunter and his Dog

Skills

Skill xp total Prof
Hunting 10SP 15RB 25xp Novice
Unarmed combat 6SP ... Novice
Tulwar 10SP 10xp Novice
Wilderness Survival 10SP 10xp Novice
Shortbow 14SP 8xp Novice
Observation 2XP 2XP Novice
Negotiation 1XP 1XP Novice

Money

Transaction Gain Expense Total
Starting Pack 100gm --- 100gm
Shortbow&20 arrows --- 31gm 59gm
Tulwar --- 22gm 37gm
Belt --- 1sm 37gm 9sm

Possessions

Food Survival & out of city housing Clothing Weaponry Other
a weeks rations 2 man tent Simple white blouse Shortbow &20 arrows (31gm) Hairloom: Meliyah's ornamental glass dagger
--- Backpack containing Toiletries, eating knife, flint and steel Brown belt(1sm) Tulwar(22gm) ---
--- Mixed Horse Black trousers --- ---
--- lanterns & 2 torches Jacket --- ---
--- Horse and fishing gear --- --- ---
--- tarp and 100 feet of rope --- --- ---

Threads, flashbacks

Thread name Date participants Location Status
They'll Fetch a Good Price [Khida/Closed] 22nd Day of Winter, 511AV Khida Ahnatep Ongoing
Lets Make This More Interesting 43rd day of Spring 501AV Yousef Yahebah Ongoing

Threads, Spring 513av

Thread name Date participants Location Status
The Hunter and his Dog Day 20 of Spring Khasr, Orkis Strongwind Endrykas Finished
Carver's Company Day 22 of Spring Khasr, Orkis Strongwind Endrykas Ongoing
Last edited by Syren on April 8th, 2013, 1:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I'm speaking Shiber

I'm speaking common

Syren
Call me Sy

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Syren

Postby Syren on March 25th, 2013, 9:34 am

NPC

Name: Meliyah
Race: Kelvic/canine
Particular skills: Drawing, hunting, wilderness survival
Appearance:

She's quite short, standing at 5'1". She has a shirt, fluffy caramel coloured bob haircut, that frames her thin, oval shaped face. She has bigger than usual, puppy like brown eyes, and thin lips. She is constantly smiling and happy looking.

Concept:
Meliyah is constantly happy and excitable. She seems to have enormous amounts of energy and can be quite tiering to be around. She gets distracted by things easily, and has a constant need for stimulation, as if she were to get too bored, she would become unhappy. She has a tendency to sulk when she is not getting something she wants (Especially if her cuteness isn't working). She is fiercely loyal and will stick by Syren's side till the day he dies.
Last edited by Syren on March 28th, 2013, 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm speaking Shiber

I'm speaking common

Syren
Call me Sy

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Syren

Postby Syren on March 25th, 2013, 9:41 am