Biological Accuracy?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Biological Accuracy?

Postby Kaska Villahotes on March 25th, 2013, 8:39 pm

I'm submitting myself to help in the adjustment of any of Mizahar's flora, fauna, etc to seem more biologically accurate. Since I am going to University as a Major in Biology with minors in Herpetology and Botany, I feel like I could help with some of the wiki articles that are struggling a bit with making themselves a bit more accurate scientifically.

I enjoy this sort of detective work, and it would thrill me to contribute more to the site in the best way I know how. (For instance, the Dhani tend to bug me since constrictors probably wouldn't go on any adventures. They pretty much do their twice a year eating and perhaps mating, and the rest of the time is spent in luxurious, lazy sunbathing).

I'd like to work on the non-monster aspect of Mizahar. What makes a world like this great is that everything isn't a monster. There are millions of insect, lizard, and plant species on earth, who says we can't do the same with Mizahar? I could probably write wiki articles for days on tiny animals, animals people take for granted or dismiss (yeah, it's just a deer, but what species of deer could impact hunting ability. Fallow deer don't run as fast as white tailed deer, for instance).

I could definitely have fun with this, and I need a creative outlet while my brain toils on exams (Organic Chemistry hurts, kids).
Kaska Villahotes
That Red Hair is No Lie

Words: 51360
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 4:00 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Biological Accuracy?

Postby Yonega on March 26th, 2013, 9:08 pm

Cool choice in majors, Kaska! I was in school for herpetology as well but wound up re-focusing to general biology and plan to return for an animal-behavior masters. This kind of task would certainly help flesh out certain regions that have unique species already listed but don't currently dictate what other common creatures might be found in the region of that city. Canidae are my strongest followed by small mammals, so if you can get this going, let me know and I'd be glad to help too. This would be a wonderful project.
Yonega
Player

Words: 39175
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2013, 8:22 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Biological Accuracy?

Postby Gossamer on March 27th, 2013, 4:48 am

Hi there.

Thanks but no thanks. Your attitude is appauling and rude. These are not qualities we look for in designers and developers. The most recent chat ban is a good indicator that you most likely aren't a good fit for Mizahar as a whole. I would reconsider your attitude and approach before you are uninvited permanently. Later if you can prove yourself a viable player we can discuss you becoming a contributor.

Regards,

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)