Scrapbook - Khal'iah Vojak

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Khal'iah on April 7th, 2013, 11:40 am

Yo! It's your friendly, neighborhood Akalak. I just stumbled upon this section of the site and, since I have yet to sleep and it's 7 AM over here, got the grand idea of putting a scrapbook together. So, with no further ado, here's a little bit about the man behind the curtain.

Interests

Let's start with the thing we all share in common and love with a fiery passion that burns hotter than one thousand suns: Music. At this very moment in time, I am an addict of Hip Hop, R&B, Gospel, Metal, Screamo (only certain ones), Rock, Rock, More Rock with a Side of Rock, a little Dubstep here and there, Videogame Soundtracks (especially Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts), Classical...and I despise Country and Justin Bieber.

I am a gamer to the core. I am an avid fan of First-Person Shooters, with Farcry 3, Battlefield 3, and Borderlands 2 topping my list of favorites. I also (because what roleplayer doesn't...oh wait, my fiancee'...) ADORE SKYRIM!! I firmly believe that like...every five-ten years, a game comes out that redefines its genre. First was Ocarina of Time, then Halo, now Skyrim...and I think Farcry 3 is up there too. I'm a Minecraft buff as well, I also play Starcraft II, League of Legends, and a random assortment of action or strategy games that are regularly recycled at GameStop (Power to the Players.)

When it comes to Literature, I am an avid fan of Fantasy and High Fantasy. Tolkien, Martin, and Paolini are my top three authors at the moment. I have a fourth favorite author as well, she's not world famous (yet) and hasn't written any fanfictions in years but her stuff is golden! She's a kunoichi of sorts *inside joke*

I'm not really into poetry, since, let's face it, I suck at it. The best I can do is a "roses are red, violets are blue" bit, but I'll improve and write my other half a song someday soon.

Television..hmm...I don't watch a lot of TV per se. I live on Netflix, mainly White Collar, How I Met Your Mother, and Family Guy. I watch a little bit of anime here and there (but most of the anime on Netflix is boring...BUT I'm stoked that Samurai Jack is now on Netflix! XD) I dabble in Game of Thrones every now and then. I'm seriously conflicted when I watch that show. On one hand, it's really REALLY good. On the other hand, it's really REALLY graphic....but on a third hand, TYRION LANNISTER.

I stalk Memebase, 'nough said. I am also an avid supporter of Rooster Teeth!!! Lastly, I love writing and roleplaying. I've been at this for six years now.

Favorites

• Color: Black (simply because it is the color of this borderline military-grade phone case I have...and I love it so much right now.)
  • Animal: Dire Wolf.
  • Song: "ZiZi's Journey" - Lindsey Stirling
  • Actor: Robert Downey Jr.
  • Actress: Marilyn Monroe.
  • Band: Killswitch Engage.
  • Other Artist: Lindsey Stirling/Yoko Shimomura (tie)
  • Movie: Act of Valor.
  • Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood/Gundam 00 (tie)
  • Character: Kaname Tousen - Bleach
  • Manga: Naruto/Bleach/Ah! My Goddess (tie)
  • Book: (Aside from the obvious) Inheritance - C. Paolini
  • Food: Anything homecooked at this point.

Purpose

I guess I'll just use this to share my thoughts, probably flesh out some IC ideas at some point, generally just a collection of what's going on in my head. If you've got an opinion about anything I post PLEASE share, I'm generally an open-minded person and I feel that it's an enlightening experience to sit down and learn more about someone through what they think. Don't be a stranger! :)

(Okay, it is now 7:30 in the morning EST, and I've yet to sleep..hopefully my next fully aware post won't be so...^That.)
Last edited by Khal'iah on August 15th, 2014, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

"That which is most precious to me...I shall protect until my last breath."
-Khal'iah Vojak (Character Sheet)
Khal'iah
Guardian of the Rose

Words: 118454
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2013, 8:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Quiarinox on April 21st, 2013, 10:59 pm

Okay. I want to be the first person here and officially break your scrapbook cherry with something awesome and meaningful, but I can't.

I couldn't help but see you put Paolini as one of your favourite authors.

I LOVE THE INHERITANCE CYCLE.

I've been rereading the saga this past week (Eldest has been lost to the ancient evil that is my house, sadly), and I totally can't help but say WOOHOO! Another Paolini fan out there.

I also like basically every music genre out there, but I don't dislike something unless I've heard it. I'm one of those people that listens to a certain set of music but when somebody suggests I listen to something else, I will and without much judgement. If I like the song, I'll listen to it until I get sick of it. It's why I no longer listen to the Biebs. xD

It seems we also agree on a favourite actor. Robert Downey Jr is pretty hip right now. I don't blame the whole Iron Man/Sherlock Holmes craze, just that he is so photogenic and dresses with the best in mind.

Anyway, Quiarinox out!

/flees[/left]
Quiarinox
basilisk's glare.

Words: 67285
Joined roleplay: September 5th, 2012, 10:50 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes