[Hiring Thread]Past, Future, Golden Mizas.

Zantair looks to get a job as a fortune teller in Particles of the past.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Zantair on March 25th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Spring 3rd, 513AV

Zantair padded quietly through the doorway, knocking on the table once inside, He was a litlle bit nervous, never having had the oppurtunity to apply for a job before, needless to say he would attempt to appease whoever owned the fortune telling business anyway.

"Uh, hello?" He said to the woman that had come to the counter, strange as she was with the shimmering scales and indefinetly opalescent colored hair. Zantair had never seen a konti before, nor did he know of their existence, He considered her a peculiar human, guessing it likely that she had some sort of disease, although maybe not contagious (otherwise why would she be working here?). In any case, Zantair didn't dwell on it long.

"Yes, um hello," Zantair said once he had garnered the woman's attention. "I'm Zantair, I wanted, I heard there was a job going? I can do fortune telling! Can I have the job? Please? I'm not particularily spectacular, but I'm pretty good."

Zantair held out his hand forwards, perhaps lunging a bit to quickly than most people would, he was, in all honesty, not very practiced in subtle communication, and while he can find some resemblance of calm speech within himself, it is often reserved solely for the practice at which he was asking for a job in. If the woman was kind of enough to shake his hand, it would be brief before he pulled away, otherwise, he would probably leave it hanging in the air for a little too long before dropping it uncerimoniously.

"So what do you think? Can I have the job, or would you need to test me first?" Zantair asked, once again being blunt and rather straight to the point. He had brought his tarot cards along just in case, spectacular specimens with very detailed art, a representation of the large amount of money he had spent to acquire them, he'd be happy to show them, but a bit more nervous if asked to use them, as he only knew the most basic of meanings that could be translated from the spectacular cards.
Zantair
Telling of a Squirrely Future.

Words: 23096
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2013, 3:58 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Capricious on April 13th, 2013, 11:51 pm

ImageReason for Thread: Hiring

"He was an Eypharian in a past life. An Eypharian! It explains his current temperament..." Milani mumbled to herself. "But he seemed so much more like a.." There was a crash in the front room and Milani let her eyes slide closed. What had happened now? Surely Fron had not tripped over someone again? They had even taken out some of the chairs so his large body would have more room to move! Milani shifted from her cross-legged position to pad barefoot into the front room, tugging absent-mindedly at one of the several necklackes.

Before Milani could fully recognize the situation, the man began chattering at her. His voice was quite quick and Milani simply blinked at him. Of his whole rant, she recognized only the words "job" and "Zantair". If Zantair had been more observant, he may have noticed how Milani's face turned in the opposite direction, just barely though, when he stuck out his hand. Warily, Milani let her own soft hand slip into his clammy one for a tick.

"Chaktawe." The word slipped from Milani's mouth before she could help it, leaving her with an "o" expression and a cocked head. Her bangs slid over one grey eye as she peered at him with open curiosity. "Interesting." A pause. "What were you saying? Oh! A job. Did you already mention that? Perhaps, perhaps. Let us see what the cards have to say.." Eyes widening as if she had just remembered something, Milani patted her skirt. "Now where did I put them.. Hmm. Would you happen to have any cards with you? Those are always helpful when giving a reading."

Without waiting for him to keep up, Milani turned and walked back down the colorful corridor she had come from before ducking into one of the cloth rooms. She politely held the curtain open for him to enter before gesturing to the floor mats. Gracefully, Milani traveled to the side with one mat and sat.

"What... Oh, here are the cards! Show me what you know."

OOCI apologize for the delay! Also for Milani's confusing instructions. ;)
Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Zantair on April 15th, 2013, 10:01 am

Zantair shook hands with the Konti (who he thought was most definetly a weird human), who he assumed was called Chaktawe, a minor misinterpretation, but something that would surely be corrected. Her expression had puzzled him, and it seemed like she had seen something, or felt something. Her head was cocked to the side which with slight mimicry Zantair responded the same way, bending his neck to the side; he was attempting to understand, as if copying the motions might help him reveal what was behind the strange thing before him. he was temporarily reminded of a dream, the ever changing shape-filled mass that seemed to revolve. It the thought quickly dissipated. His hand removed from hers as she began her own assualt of speech.

"What were you saying? Oh! A job. Did you already mention that? Perhaps, perhaps. Let us see what the cards have to say.."

"Ah, Yes, a job. Yes I did. Your going to tell my fortune for a J--?" Zantair paused, quite confused and flustered, the weird looking woman was far more erratic then he was. The thought scared him; he often liked to think of himself as the strangest person in Spires, and this woman had quickly proved him wrong. Zantair shook his head briefly to gather his thoughts letting her ramble on as he followed her, walking straight into the cloth room.

Upon entering the room seemed to be filled with colours, not in a distasteful way, but it gave the place life and an air of mystery. Zantair paused to scratch his arm, a small nervous antic as he was trying to prevent the compelling motion to leave as quickly as possible. His nerves seemed to never let go as he felt a strange version of stage fright, as he figured HE would be the one doing the fortune.

Zantair carefully sat himself on the mat, shuffling himself into a comfortable position. He slowed his breathing and then looked at her cards, deciding it best to ignore them and use his own, which seemed to be in a much better condition then hers were anyway. He slid her deck to the side and lifted his own to visibility, pulling them from where they were kept. He let his mind go blank focusing on the woman. Chaktawe... Chaktawe... The name he assumed was hers resounded in his head as he shuffled the cards, spreading them out and then sliding them back together. He looked at her once more before placing his own deck into the center on his end of the table.

"We shall see what we can see..."

He lifted the first card from the deck, placing it infront of him face down, followed by two more. Each carefully plucked from the deck so as not to let any of the other cards spill over onto the table.

"These three cards will tell me something of your past, your present and your future. Each in succession, and each with a viable precision. I shall begin with your past," Zantair paused for effect, before lifting the first card turning it over. "Your past reveals the six of swords, you were running from something, perhaps you still are, but you began anew, that I can reveal at least. I wonder what it is you were running from Chaktawe?" Zantair stopped allowing her time to respond if she felt she must before continuing.

Zantair paused as he lifted the tarot card, it didn't take him much as he new that when a swords began a set, he often found more swords followed.
"What do you fear Chaktawe?" Zantair slipped over what he thought was the woman's name, "You have been given the seven of wands, this shows the value of both strength and fear, a combination of the two. You should control the fear, for it is both your strength and weakness..." Again, Zantair paused allowing time for a response if necessary.

"Your future belies death, it shows a change, it is more commonly associated with movement or a change of opinion, again, I do not know exactly, but a great change will occur in your future of that, I can be sure." Zantair finally finished speaking, his calm and well-paced voice, odd compared to the original conversation speed when he entered into Particles of the Past. He breathed out slowly, and closed his eyes, rubbing his temples slightly. He had left the cards on the table, still spread out.

"That is what the cards have told me, you have an air of mystery around you for a human..."
Zantair
Telling of a Squirrely Future.

Words: 23096
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2013, 3:58 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets