Magnolia Corvidae

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Magnolia Corvidae

Postby Magnolia Corvidae on June 19th, 2010, 10:21 am

Magnolia Corvidae

General
Name
    Magnolia Corvidae
Race
    Ghost (previously Human)
Birthday
    71st of Winter, 481 AV (29)
Deathday
    63rd of Fall, 506 AV (3)
Deity
    Ionu

Physical

If one were to examine me, past the soul mist and translucence, one would likely see a young woman. As for those who do not see a young woman, well, I cannot account for them. My inky black hair is often a topic for discussion with myself, as are my blackened eyes. Mostly whether or not I should change their color, but more often than not I keep them the color of night. My figure is slim, and unfortunately not nearly as hourglass as I would like. In life I weighed not more than one hundred and twenty pounds, and stood a tad under five feet five inches. My nose was curved in a bit, and my jaw strong but not jutting. A smile readily plays upon my face as well, for there is laughter and amusement everywhere. Yes, that was intentionally present tense; though I am thoroughly dead, I still harbor a sense of humor. So still, as a ghost, I smile my mischievious smile more often than not.

Being a ghost, I clearly do not have much of a corporeal form. However with that being said, I must say my ethereality pleases me a majority of the time. I'd like to think the half opacity of my figure is rather slimming. Just as well, the chaotic frays of soulmist that flicker about my blurred form are always interesting to watch.

Every ghost has a signature feeling. As in, when they enter a room, a particular smell or sound or feeling will accompany them. I find I enjoy emitting a pleasant mint scent. However, I don't. When I enter a room, the inhabitants often smell smoke. Whether or not the smoke smells more of a pleasant incense, or more along the lines of a burning body, is entirely up to my mood.

Conceptual

Disposition___________
In life I was usually carefree and bright, despite living in that cess pool that is Ravok. While this lovely trait still permeates me, I must say, life as a ghost is rather enlightening. The world is not a nice place by any means, and never has it been. Now I find the naivety of optimism disgusts me to a small degree. However, do not get me wrong, I still enjoy being bright and shiney as Syna most of the time. I dare say that my optimistic world of sunshine and flowers has been tempered by a rather cold dose of realism, though. Being burned alive and thrown off a building has a habit of doing that to somebody.

Since I have joined the ranks of the unliving, my moods have become rather quicksilver. As suggested, I still harbor many of my brighter tendencies. But sometimes the cold reality of the world is enough to suppress any joy I might derive. Other times anger surges up, because quite frankly, death is not damned fair. I cannot control my emotions though, so the healthiest route to take is acceptance. For now, at least.

__________Morality
Morals. Growing up in Ravok does not present a strong set of morals for one to live life by. More than that, being ruthlessly slaughtered in Ravok does not present a lot of motivation for developing said morals. So I say, petch being a good person. I will be whoever I damned well please for the moment. This is my existence, and those who tell me how to live it will find themselves in dire straits. I enjoy my warped optimism just fine, thank you.

Religion__________
In life I considered myself a patron of Ionu. I found that his or her enjoyment of ever changing sensations suited mine excellently. I even began developing a mischievious side because of my desire to be similar to Ionu. This manifested less as stealing and more as hoodwinking somebody. Although every now and again somebody's object would end up in my possession, though that was not by any great larceny skill on my part. Regardless, I will take credit for having the seed of mischief in me, but Ionu thoroughly grew the seed. I was even aiming at receiving a mark, but then I had to go and die. Perhaps one day.

__________Relationships
People are amusing. People are like toys or tools, whichever suits your fancy. Meaning, everybody can be used for the greater enjoyment or benefit of another. So naturally, I take advantage of this massive flaw. Most people stand at arm's length as a means of accomplishing something, however, I do have a vexing habit of attachment. If I spend too much time with somebody I like, I often find myself actually enjoying their company. That is incredibly unfortunate, because one never knows when one may have to plunge a spike through a good friend's chest.

Likes and Dislikes__________
There used to be excrutiatingly specific likes and dislikes associated with my person, especially regarding food. However, since I do not exactly eat anymore, the list had dwindled down to concepts and other objects. Although one would expect me to be afraid of fire, I am not. I've rather embraced my death, and have taken great pains to ensure that people smell me burning when I find myself irritated. I am afraid that I cannot stand theater anymore, for not only was I a wretched actor, but there was the entire Galevances fiasco. You know, the one where he killed me. Although do take note that I am not afraid of it, for no longer can it hurt me. In fact one day I may take up acting again, I do so love the dramatic flare.

I do so enjoy having fun though, and I would like to believe I am rather clever enough to make a rollicking good time of it as well. Though I will admit my definition of fun often comes at the expense of others every now and again. However, a confidante to share my tricks and fun with is entirely fine, I am not the jealous type. As so many things do, the nature of my "fun" depends on my mood. Though I would be hard pressed to admit it to most people, I contain a horrifically cruel streak in me. Although, more often than not I am more than happy to not impale people when poking fun at them.

A major appeal to me is anything that might perhaps dispel or even modify this state. While I do still enjoy life, or rather death, it is not the most pleasurable of existences all the time. I concede to the fact that I heavily used alcohol and other drugs while alive, and at some things that not even a Dhani would consider. But rather than dwell on that, let us instead dwell on the desire for escapism this represents. I do admit escape is pleasurable for me. When I could not do it with acting, I turned to alternate methods.

__________Fears
The one form of escape I cannot quite embrace is release. I had always thought myself to be a fearless person, until the time I was confronted with ascension. Not even my death was as bizarrely frightening as the very notion of moving on. The phobia has permeated my death, and every time I begin to contemplate my next plan, letting go is the first option crossed off the list. If I can, I will eke out some sort of twisted happiness in death.

Historical

I was raised in a Zeltivan household for the first thirteen years of my life, then everything became interesting. A troupe named "The Mummer's Ace", rolled into town. I didn't notice the bleak town getting too riled up over such drivel, but I was certainly enraptured. After the first showing, I approached the ring leader, a brute of a man named Galevances. During that phase of my life I saw him more as a figure of great respect and awe though, and less of an abusive petcher. In short, it was naught but half a fortnight before I was carted off as a young laborer on their show. Whatever became of my parents, I have never really quite cared to discover.

The show stopped in Syliras and then Ravok, permanently. The troupe had been traveling to recruit new talent, which they certainly found. I was among seven adolescents they has taken under their wing to train. I, however, was the saboteur.

I did not mean to sabotage everything I touched, but it happened. I found myself reveling in the freedom I was given by the actors. Slaves, alcohol, drugs, everything was okay with them! So I performed drunk, sang while euphoric, most of my acting career was a fiasco. Those rare occasions I managed to get on stage without being impaired, I discovered I had forgotten the lines. Likely because I had studied them while under external influences. Eventually, the fun became an addiction. I did not just seek to become impaired, I sought to become impaired in new ways. I would try any drug, or any combination of drug to discover some new mental stimulation.

That is when Galevances decided to turn my curiosity for sensation into an asset. I was a piss poor actor, but he thought I had a sharp mind. Unwilling to let a good brain go to waste, he made an investment. Galevances wanted to have a decent hypnotist on board, to influence the minds of the audience. So he paid this magical guru, Haverin, an obstinate sum of Mizas to train me in the art.

What Galevances was unaware of, was that Haverin was a student as well. Recently, the old magician had lured in an exiled Drykas webber by the name of Luvai Moonsong to teach him the art. As soon as I saw Luvai, I was smitten. Later I discovered that he actually lacked genitalia and did not love me back in any case, but that did not change the fact that for the moment I could not have been more in love. I abandoned my hypnotist's training on perhaps the second day, and began learning webbing with Haverin. Luvai initiated us both in the wildlands outside of Ravok, stating it was the closest he could bring us to the great web in Cyphrus. Had it not been for that old bastard Haverin, the experience would almost have been romantic.

Well needless to say, Galevances discovered I had been learning webbing from an exceptionally attractive Drykas as opposed to hypnotism. Though I might disagree, it was the brute himself who spent the money on the lessons, and therefore had a final say in how useful they were. Well, Galevances' final say involved lighting me on fire and hurling me off of a tower.

So I died in unreciprocated love, as an addict, a horrible actor, and on fire. In retrospect, staying in Zeltiva would have been a good choice.

Since then I have been having one petch of a time as a ghost. Spending eternity a little too completely terrified of reincarnation to move on, and a little too cynical to actually enjoy the world from this new perspective.

Skillful

Materialization_____________
    When I require a quick conduit to the coporeal world, I may materialize my soulmist. I cannot truly do more than cause a mild discomfort with my touch, and candidly speaking, I look real enough to be a shadow puppet. At least I can be seen though. This is also excellent if I do not want to violate somebody with possession; although that will never happen.
    Racial Bonus: 10
    Acquired: 3
    Total: 13

_____________Soulmist Projection
    Oh how I adore tossing burly men about like toys! Shame I cannot yet do that, but I will get there! With a sigh I shall make knives fly through the air, and into throbbing hearts. What a lovely end though, being stabbed thirty seven times by a dead yet strangely alluring woman. Ah, I confess though, I am more prone to playing with my food rather than chopping it up into bits. If only I had a body to eat them with.
    Starting Package: 26
    Acquired: 5
    Total: 31

Possession_____________
    Oh what good fun possession is! Wriggling into somebody's body is actually an incredibly joyful thing. Of course, more often than not I just sort of stumble through them. Or even worse, for some reason they eject me! I cannot imagine a better fate than having somebody such as me inside oneself, so their motives are beyond me! Or rather, that is what I will tell them.
    Starting Package: 15
    Acquired: 3
    Total: 18

_____________Webbing
    Perhaps one of the less prudent decisions I have made was that to learn webbing. But, alas, the affairs of the heart. I do confess, it can be useful at times though. Perhaps if I find myself with a small deal of extra time, I will further pursue the magic.
    Starting Package: 9
    Total: 9

Observation_____________
I notice things, not much else to do when you're dead.
Acquired: 2
Total: 2
[/list]

_____________Intimidation
BOO!
Acquired: 2
Total: 2
[/list]

Knowledgeable

Lore of Ravokian Theatre Troupes_____________
    Several troupes operate within the city of Ravok and in other Syliran cities. Though mine was stationed solely in the city of chaos itself, I still got to meet quite a few other actors. Of course they all hated me though, what with the whole sabotage...

[_____________Lore of Ionu
    While I have not yet received a mark from the deity of illusion and trickery, and likely never will, I am still a follower. I was in life, I remain so in death. In fact, never have I been more suited to serve.

- Insidious Insinuations
- Putting A Host Under Duress
- Using Money To Get You To Places
- Making Others Keep Their Mouth Shut
- Throwing A Tantrum
- Asphyxiation

Racial

Blinking
    The ability to rapidly disappear and reappear in a nearby position. This may get tiring in my dead Djed if overused.
Etherealness
    Since I lack a body, I can essentially walk through walls all sorts of delightfully fun things. This is also delightfully useful for not getting stabbed thirty seven times.
Invisibility
    When not materialized, I am almost invisible to all people but a spiritist. Again, useful for being stealthy.
Ghost Touch
    When I touch people, they get goosebumps and the chills. It is not pleasant to be touched by a ghost, and given enough time, I could even cause frostbite. This usually means that sleeping with me is not the most prudent of decisions.

Lingual
Fluent
    -Common

Conversational
    -Vani

Broken
    -Kontinese

Thread List
Avoidance
Soul Departure
Magnolia Corvidae
Disillusioned