Ovek

God of Luck, Gambling, Mathmatics, & Wit.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Ovek

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2013, 5:14 am

Ovek

ImageOvek is the God of Luck, Gambling, Wit and to some extent Mathematics though this sphere is under his control almost by default. Born mortal, Ovek was said to have won his godhood in a game of dice from a deity who's name has long been lost in time. Having been born with the natural ability to remember numbers, Ovek had no problems using this to his advantage both in his mortal life and later when he ascended. Assuming leadership over multiple realms, especially Luck and Gambling, Ovek is rarely one to pass up a game of chance or a bet on one thing or another. His winnings and losings have made for epic scale stories throughout Mizahar.

This God is utterly devoted to life being a game of chance and one where all the numbers matter. He may bring those who turn to him good luck or bad luck depending on the situation and his mood at the time. Sacrifices to Ovek often result in the change of one's luck as well. Charms showing a hand with six fingers, called Sixers, are often produced by jewelers and artists and said to bring luck. Gambling establishments in cities almost always depict a sixer or six-fingered hand on their signs. Ovek, naturally, has six fingers on his right hand having been born that way. Most games of chance involve the number six which is considered incredibly lucky. Dice games are usually played in Mizahar with six wooden or bone dice.

Ovek is one of the gods that do not have a set form when manifesting. Wherever there's a game of chance Ovek is likely to be found. He could wear any face, any age, and even any sex at any given time.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Ovek

Postby Gad on May 2nd, 2013, 2:17 am

Gad sat on the floor his tenement in the Sunset Quarters tossing his father's old jade dice in his palm of his hand. The familiar weight of the cubes jostled in his hands and rolled over one another lazily at his mild provocation. He flattened out his palm like a table, and read the dice faces. "Sixes." He clenched the totems tightly, breathed a heavy sigh, and leaned against the wall with his eyes closed. "I'm praying to you, cause I think you're really the only one who gets it. You're the only one who's honest about it. It's a game, I know it is. All the others, they want me to play dumb, like I don't already know. Pfft. But you know. And you know I know, right? You're honest." The wizard entreated soberly, but wasn't quite sure what to say. He wasn't the praying sort, it always felt like begging to him. But, it had the leg up, as no one could see you pray if you wanted it that way, and despite his hard times, he still had a modicum of pride.

"I wanna win. I want it, just about more than anything else I've ever wanted ever. I know it's a gamble. I know it's just a draw of the cards, a dice roll. Now I'm not asking for you to just give me the game, I know, I know. Trust me I know. But, this hand Ovek, this hand I've been dealt. It's getting real hard to play. I-" Gad choked on his words a little bit. "I just need a little help is all I'm saying. Maybe deal me a high card, I know you can. Tilt the odds in my favor, please. Please. I just need one good draw. I don't know if I can play this hand anymore Ovek. I just gotta get- gotta get a few wins under my belt is all. I know how to use a win, I just need one first." Gad ended his plea with his customary sigh and tossed the green cubes again. This time it was all ones. His he flinched and his first inclination was to take it as an ill omen, but, for some reason, he couldn't help smiling at it. He let out a deep laugh. It was a dice roll, after all.
Retired.
Gad
Gone

Words: 265579
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 2:07 am
Race: Ghost