Nafie, Memory Worm

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Nafie, Memory Worm

Postby Noctiluca on May 5th, 2013, 1:59 pm

...i was wondering when you'd get here...

~teehee~

...i thought you'd forgotten all about me but it seems like you came back just in time! yes yes, don't forget! don't forget i'm here to help you, you know? it's not like i don't care about you, i do, perhaps more than you know! ...um...but uh, just between you and me, my memory is a little...er, well let's just say misty...

~teehee~

...so you're going to have to rely on your own memory as well, not just me, you know, so don't go thinking that i'm the last scale on the fish because if all goes well then we'll make it together!

~teehee~

...i really do care about you, Vayu. don't forget, okay?

i love you Vayu!Image
rain are tears, seas are hearts, mists are dreams, life is but foam in the cup of love cosmic
Noctiluca
fish in a sea

Words: 1812
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2013, 10:27 am
Race: Charoda

Memento: I'm Nafie!

Postby Noctiluca on May 7th, 2013, 8:10 am

hello? hello are you awake?
don't worry, you've not expired, you're just asleep. you've been sleeping for a while i guess, good thing you weren't dead though!

i'm Nafie! it's a pleasure to meet you Vayu. i hear you've had a little accident. don't worry though, i'm gonna help you figure out how to fix it. it seems you were bitten by a deletremens sea snake! nasty buggers those. one snicker-snack of their deadly venom can make a body forget how to walk, talk, sing and dance. whole years gone in a snap of your flippers. sometimes, if it's really bad, folks'll up and stop remembering to breathe and eat, and then go belly up all because life just became too vague to live, yes? yes yes, you too my fishy friend, it seems you've lost a fair chunk of your past here, i can tell.

me? a god?! no no of course not, i'm just your humble, average, run of the mill, intelligent, symbiotic brain worm.

~teehee~

yes yes, i'm inside your brain! i'm a memory worm! and lucky for you an extremely talented memory worm. i've managed to save a great deal of your stuff, but unfortunately, there's a fair portion of it, a rather continental portion mind you, that just doesn't seem to be accessible.

~teehee~

what memories you ask? um...i can't say for sure...seems like mostly pretty boring stuff i think but everyone is entitled to a cracker with all the cheese on it.

what's cheese you say? oh, erm, nevermind.

~teehee~

no no, this is not a dream. you are not dreaming, and i am not a figment of your imagination, although you might say that this place we're in now is not so much unlike a dream. you see, i'm here with you in your head, as creepy as that might sound, trust me, i'm completely harmless...almost. don't make me mad or i'll muck up your involuntary bowel reflex!

~teehee~

no no no, i'm just messing with you. i came here on a porpoise. (get it?) your friends have asked me to help you out for a while, and i agreed...what? you've never heard of friends being so concerned with someone's well being they'd be willing to stick a hyper-intelligent, mind-controlling nudibranch to their unconscious friend's brainstem in a desperate, last ditch bid to ligate hopelessly frayed snatchings of a nigh incinerated mental tapestry? well...i guess there's a first time for everything, and believe me, you're going to be experiencing a bunch of first times for the foreseeable future.

~teehee~

don't worry though, mister Vayu. i promise i'm only here to help!
rain are tears, seas are hearts, mists are dreams, life is but foam in the cup of love cosmic
Noctiluca
fish in a sea

{Quarantine: Parameters}

Postby Noctiluca on May 8th, 2013, 8:15 am

...oh...oh no...oh god...god no...

the pain! ahh...i--it's unbearable! please! no! no more! stop it!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhg!

...oh god...is that really what you wanted me to do? this is...perhaps the cruelest undertaking...this mind, it...it's shape is no longer, it has ceased, it is done, there is nothing here worth salvaging, no, you were wrong in this endeavor, the fate of this creature, this poor, sad, pitiable creature is death, any other pursuit is vainglorious, or mad...

what? you...you want a panacea? to what? it has failed, it has nothing! what possible device is there in such a deadzone...i see here, and i tell you now, without doubt, this land is scorched, to the very heart, and all is...to describe what i see here is to detail a searing, dessicated consumed lately as from a great wildfire...or a bloody massacre, bones and limbs here and there, and every precipice filled to the brim with black, bubbling...i tell you now, please do not reproach or think me quick or assume i am naive in my observation...this place, this land, this hell is, it is done. time cannot enter here, for all here is lost to time, in a dry, desert of...

...evidence? of what? ...secrets? no, that cannot be, i have scoured every memory, every intimacy, every humiliation. there is nothing...

...beyond my scope?

...i fear...i fear you are most accurate. there lies somewhere here, in the least apparent, a foul, dark, brooding pestilence. as a locust's hoard, enduring beneath the dark depths of the earth, sustained by the blackest of nature's root, gall for milk, sightless substances, thick like night, the dunnest smoke of hell, the the vilest of poisons, seeping, milking, feeding...growing.

yes...it is here..i can sense it...but, too far...to buried...inexhaustably entombed by it's melancholy weight, sunken...leaden...molten....

yes yes...this shall indeed a titan's task be, for such a tiny worm. my little heart, i wonder if i shall even last past the awakening...every course and recourse shall be cut, reworked, unfastened and rehatched until the very likeness of a fever dream shall....

oh...it is awakening...the tingling of sensation, the burbling gout of thoughtspurting, here it comes...

ahh! ahh!

entanglement, alas, thou art mine only succor
Noctiluca
fish in a sea