[Note by Capricious] Jevan Coolwater

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Jevan Coolwater

Postby Jevan on May 10th, 2013, 11:19 am

Jevan Coolwater

[indent]Appearance

Race: Vantha
Birthday: 1, Spring 496
Birthplace: Avanthal

Appearance:
Height: 5''
Weight: 115
Hair: Pixie cut espresso

Her tiny frame hides a thick bone structure enveloped by lean muscles, her skin takes on a sort of hot caramel color, and full of scars and markings faded by years of growth. Her small torso made her limbs look long and lean, instead of looking hard as if she works out, she had soft curves. Despite having a thick bone structure on the inside, on the outside she appeared to be fragile, without any clue to how strong she really was. She usually takes on a somewhat submissive stance when out amongst strangers, trying to fool them into letting their guard down. Her expressions usually take on an innocent look, unless she is attempting to seduce someone, which changes to (what she likes to call) "smoldering temptress".

Her face, heart shaped with slightly chubby cheeks, almond shaped eyes, and a cute little nose. There are small differences in her face that people often miss, she looks as if she was meant to have two faces, just somewhere along the way into existence her two faces melded together. Her left half has a slightly slanted almond shaped eye, with a small permanent smirk at the end of her lip. While her right side had a slightly rounded almond shaped eye with a slight permanent frown on the other side of her lips. Along with full pouting lips, soft and tempting for someone close enough to her.

Eye Color meanings:
Dark Red: Violent feelings
Light Blue: Calm feelings
Light Green: Curiosity
Gold: Excitement
Purple: Contentment
Grey: Depression/Exhaustion
Indigo: Stressed/Nervous

Character Concept

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
The name is Jevan.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Not many can pronounce my name right, so I go by JC now.
3. How old are you?
Why would you like to know?
4. What is your height?
I don't know, short?
5. What is your weight?
Light enough.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
I'm nobody, nobody at all.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
With the way I act, I believe people think I'm easy, which is not true per-say, I just enjoy the company.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
My breasts, they are pretty decent for a girl my size, and useful too.
4. How physically fit are you?
Enough to get me out of a tight spot.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
I do enjoy dark clothing, tight fitting, and pretty.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
From what I remember, my mother died when I was born, and I lived with my father until I woke up in a box. Anything more I will deny remembering.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I don't think so.
3. What is your extended family like?
A bunch of pirates, they are all surprisingly nice to those they like.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
Of course I do, those who have made it into my circle of trust are considered family.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
Animals are the only ones I can truly trust, they are predictable.

Avanthal, I think.
2. Where do you live now?
I'm not telling you that...
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
I would like to one day go back to Avanthal, I might find my father there.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
Anywhere near the ocean.
5. Where do you fear to be?
One does not go about telling everyone their fears now do they?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses?
That knowledge, is for people in the circle of trust. Which you are not.
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
I'm proud to say, I am left handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
My way of speaking is quite similar to those I grew up with.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I tend to twitch every so often, it must be a result of a fishing accident.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
Nah, I don't think I would benefit from one.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
A little of this, and a little of that.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
It can be fun, if I get my way.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
I would be a fisherman I suppose, anything I can go out into the ocean daily.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
Guards are so strong, I suppose I could admire them.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?
To be a slave, although I don't think that would be an occupation.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
I was the tough kid, the bully of bullies.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
You know, I have not thought about those days in a while. I've been busy trying to get Troia's approval.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
The first thought of never being able to see my father again.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
I guess we were fine, until my father found a girlfriend.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
Troia, she decided to take me on as her own after knowing the truth.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
Basic stuff I guess.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I'd like to learn as much as I can, Troia would be proud!
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
Troia taught me well.
4. How do you learn best?
I watch and learn, usually that's the easiest way.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
I'd like to learn more in the future, maybe Troia will help me find a school.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
Close bonds equal trust and value of that person, sometimes you need to make friends to keep enemies at bay.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
One can only trust as far as they can throw.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
I'm actually not sure yet, I have not really had the chance to develop any interests in anyone.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
Nope, I never had to go there as often as I have attempted to seduce men.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
I'm a virgin, sorry to disappoint ya.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
There was this one time, on the ship, Troia was celebrating something or other, and everyone had been drinking. She was pretty far gone by this time but she handed me a pint and challenged me to a drink off for the first time when I turned 15. I of course was done after half of the first one, but she pressured me into drinking more and more until I threw up and passed out. Ever since then, every time she decided to celebrate, she challenges me. Now a days, I can drink her under the table. *ahem* Not that I'm proud of it or anything.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
No, just in celebration. I couldn't think about drinking that often without getting sick.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
I suppose whatever Troia decides to drink that night.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
Well duh, one comes across many a drug in a crowded ship.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
I could do without both.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
I like to train with Troia, she teaches me everything I will ever need to know.
2. Do you like to read?
Of course, many more interesting things are written down then said.
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
Those with a misplaced sense of authority.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
Sailing, it's just so peaceful.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
Disappointing Troia, because she was kind enough to show me sympathy in a dark world, and I must impress her everywhere she turns, so she will never regret allowing me to live.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
Ocean blue.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
Midnight, when the moon is high in the sky.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
A storm in the middle of the ocean, the waves seemed to dance in celebration of the rain.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
I don't really care about food, it is only fuel for me.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
I really enjoy the rain, and I don't really think weather as a scary thing.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
I'm a glass half-full kinda girl.
2. What are your religious views?
...Eh... Pass?
3. Would you be able to kill?
If it pleases Troia I will.
4. What are your views on sex?
I don't have any, not really sure what its appeal is yet.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Wealth.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
If you can't be honest to someone, why are they around?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
The more the merrier I say.
3. What makes you happy?
Sailing along, no noise, just the waves.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
Troia saved mine, I owe her.
5. What makes you angry?
Being picked on.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
I am ever so polite to everyone I meet, until of course they decide to piss me off.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
I've said this already.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
Again? Troia...I think I just explained that.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
He or she would have to be able to get along with me without pissing me off I suppose.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why
Troia has always had my back.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I avoid conflict with anyone like Troia, everyone else I question and will argue with if I just so happen to disagree with them.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
I follow Troia when I'm with her, and when I'm alone, I prefer to keep it that way.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
Large groups of people usually mean safety, there are many witnesses and usually no trouble.
4. Do you care what others think of you?
I don't really give any care to another person's thoughts.
5. What do you think of others, in general?
Everyone has some sort of skill they are good for, if it's nothing then they are useless and should take special care in crossing me.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
As a person? I guess my voice is powerful enough to be heard from surprising distances.
2. What is your greatest weakness?
*shakes head*
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I believe I'm perfect the way I am.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
I guess a little of both, it really depends on what the situation calls for.
5. Are you generally organized or messy?
I cannot stand being messy anymore.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
Troia's approval.
2. What is the best part of life?
Sailing the ocean with not a care in the world, good company, and fun times with the captain.
3. What is the best part of death?
Death only means the ability to move on.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
I would like to give my life for the one I love, it's just romantic sounding.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
I would be remembered for my bravery.
[/frame]

Character History

Jevan, born in Avanthal and lived with her father as an only child. She was a small, scrawny runt of a little girl with messy hair and constantly dirty from her many 'adventures'. She was what someone would call a tom-boy, she always preferred to wear shorts rather than skirts. If she ever wore a skirt, it would always be ruined by a fight she got into, or somehow get stuck in a tree, hanging upside down by the fabric of her skirt until it rips. She was usually found sitting up in a tree or beating up on boys who picked on her friends.

Jevan's birth mother died during childbirth, her father: Crystolias Coolwater, had a lover who was a greedy woman by the name of Ninalle. Ninalle was jealous of the attention Crystolias was giving Jevan, and would do anything in her power to divert his attention from his young daughter. Only to fail horribly because she was attempting to compete with a 5 year old. Crystolias was aware of Ninalle's jealousy of Jevan, but he was mesmerized by her beauty and charm, so he was weak within her arms. Crystolias being a fisherman, was gone most of the time, that meant Jevan was left in the care of Ninalle.

Ninalle and Jevan have never been able to get along, even at the age of 5 Jevan seemed to see through her lies and fake promises. Ninalle of course realized that one day, Crystolias may listen to his daughter, so that meant that Jevan has to disappear as soon as she could manage. Ninalle was not the type to murder a child, but to drug a child and send her up stream was a different story. One seemingly normal night, Ninalle fed Jevan some 'special' soup, spiced with the strongest sedative Ninalle could find in town. With the sleeping child in a large sack slung over her shoulder, Ninalle made her way down to the docks, seduced her way onto a cargo ship, and placed into an empty wooden box, big enough to for the small child to sit up and stretch out.

It just so happened that this cargo ship had been robbed later that night. The box with a heavily sleeping Jevan was taken along with a lot of the other large boxes. Yet was not opened until the next day, around the time Jevan woke up, groggy and with a pounding headache. Wide eyed and surprised, Jevan stands quickly, making herself as big as possible. Failing because the man who opened the box could easily be four times as big and heavy as she was. His eyebrows raise sarcastically.

[color=#BF4000]"Oy! What a rip off!"
he exclaimed loudly, scrunching his face in disappointment "There's a kid in 'ere!" sounding more annoyed this time. "What the bloody 'ell are you doin' in there? What was in here before ya, ya little brat?!" he growled throwing up his hands in frustration. A few other men and women gathered around, curiously looking on as the tiny girl glared at their crew member.

Jevan, as if unfazed by her unknown situation, scowled at the large man before her. Her eyes turn deep red within an instant, "I don't even know how I got here! You be nice to me!" Jevan demanded, raising her voice above his. Her voice steady and clear, her expression deadly if looks could kill. The crowd seemed to become restless, laughs and sarcastic remarks were thrown at her. All of it seemed to be a blur, Jevan could not clearly understand everything they were saying.

A tall woman stepped into the crowd, everyone seemed to have silenced in respect of her. "What's going on here?!" she demanded, scowling across every face before finally running across the scrawny mess who seemed to be standing up for herself. "All this commotion for a child?! Go about your business, all of you are dismissed!" The man who found the child sulked away, mumbling incoherently to himself. The woman slowly made her way over to the runt of a child, stepping heavily as if attempting to intimidate her.

Jevan just stood her ground inside the box, her head just barely reaching high enough to be seen at the opening. Scowling back at her, fearless blood red eyes bore into hers. It would be intimidating if she were not so small. "What are you looking at lady?!" Jevan demanded, attempting to act tough enough to be left alone, she realized that she was severely outnumbered as well as easily over powered. She figured acting tough would force them to respect her.

The tall woman smirked, amused by the gall of this little girl, she seemed braver then most little boys she had come across. Kind of reminded her of herself when she was a young girl. With a chuckle and a slight shake of her head she replied. "I seem to be looking at a runt, but what I hear coming from it tells me different." her voice thoughtful, laughing slightly at the scene. "Where did you come from? More importantly, what is your name?" she asked as she lowered herself onto one knee so she was more level with the child before her.

Jevan backed up against the furthest corner of the box as she can get, calmly searching for an easy way out or a weapon with her fingers. Smoothing them against the wooden box, wincing as tiny pricks of possible splinters threatened her soft hands. "I came from the box, obviously!" she sighed, exasperated at her situation. "The name's JC, don't you forget it!" she said as the little bit of weight she had, tipped the box over so she tumbled out of the box head over heels.

The woman laughed lightly, almost uncharacteristically of her normal self. Straightening herself up, and dusting off the knee she had on the dusty ground. "I bet you're from Avanthal," she began as she placed a small gloved hand up to her chin thoughtfully, "Thing is, we are not going back there for another year at least! I've decided to allow you to stay with me, but you will have to make yourself useful while you are here. You will be calling me Captain Troia, or just Captain, Understand?" she finished calmly, gazing at the child seriously with an eyebrow cocked.

Did she have a choice? Of course she didn't, and for a year she had done every chore Captain Troia had given her, no matter how dirty or hard it was for her, she was determined to stay out of trouble until she had been returned home. Upon arriving in Avanthal, Jevan at 6 years old was released into her hometown. Captain Troia had grown slightly attached to Jevan in the short time they had together, but she thought it for the best. Curious to see if she made it home alright, Troia followed the girl home. Where Jevan was greeted with anger.

"[i]You?![/] I thought I got rid of you!" Ninalle hissed through her teeth upon realizing who was at the door. She straightened herself and attempted to look normal. "Luckily your father will not be home within the next week. I suggest you go back where you came from, for you have no home here." she hissed again, this time ending it with slamming the door in the child's face. Jevan seemed to be heartbroken, sad, and lots more emotions that she could not quite comprehend. Troia could not leave her to die, or to be shoved into some over crowded shelter where she would be ignored and gods know what, it was then when she decided to take this abandoned child as her own.

The years passed, and Jevan got taller, and more shapely. Troia did her best to teach her all she could before finally teaching her to take care of herself. In case of separation which was bound to happen sooner or later. Soon after Jevan's 17'th birthday, they stopped back in Avanthal. "Alright JC, remember what I taught ye, and come back with something to prove your worth. You've got a week, if you are not back by then, you are on your own. I'm not kidding, you are old enough to be fending for yourself." she said sternly, looking at the shapely 17 year old.

JC nodded with determination in her eyes, "Of course Troia, I will not fail you again." she replied taking up all of her supplies and heading to the nearest inn where she could set up for the week.

Language

Fluent Language: Vani
Basic Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Storytelling 10 RB 10 Novice
Locksmithing 5 SP 5 Novice
Disguise 5 SP 5 Novice
Escape Artist 6 SP 6 Novice
Larceny 6 SP 6 Novice
Unarmed 10 SP 10 Novice
Seduction 18 SP 18 Novice

Lores

Lore of Vantha Culture
Lore of the art of suductuon

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing (All black)
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-Thieves' Tools

Heirloom: Small leather pouch full of dried flowers

Housing

Location: I live on a ship. I am currently docked at Avanthal
(OOC: she will be losing it...)

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Home Cash-In +500 GRM 600 GM
Thieves' Tools -30 GM 570 GM

Thread List

Pending
Last edited by Jevan on May 17th, 2013, 4:22 am, edited 9 times in total.
Jevan
A sneaky witch thief!

Words: 8057
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2013, 4:38 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Jevan Coolwater

Postby Capricious on May 10th, 2013, 1:42 pm

Hi there! I am Capricious, the Assistant Storyteller of The Spires. I was reading through your character sheet and noticed a couple of issues that need to be addressed before you can continue roleplaying. Please handle the following problems before PMing me to remove this intervention.

• You cannot split the racial bonus. The 10 racial bonus goes to, in your case, storytelling.
  • Your lores are too vague and more like skills. Perhaps "Lore of Avanthal's Geography" or "How to Tie a Sailor's Knot" or something similar would be better.
  • Thieves tools are not listed on the price list. For a heirloom, you can have any one item up to 50 gm in worth off the Price List

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)