[Verified by Banshee] Zed

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Zed

Postby Zed on May 15th, 2013, 7:23 am

With a tall and muscular body, Zed stands proudly and with a certain grace that only an Endal could divine. Like most of his caste, his face is attractive. His eyes are a bright green, and of course, his hair is as red as flame. Although I used the word tall, this can be used subjectively for the Inarta. Amongst their standards, he's fairly tall, standing at 6'1". His color is fairly tan for an Inarta, as he often goes out towards the sky on the back of his best friend.

Common amongst his gender, and amongst Inarta, he often abstains from wearing most upper clothing. His pants are embroidered and sometimes jeweled, as a sign of his class. And when he does wear something to cover his chest, it's often something like a purple or red vest with golden embroidery and a blue or velvet pattern running down the seams.

Zed isn't all that unique in his own right, but he has many differing factors from others like him in the Wind Reach. Differing in that he was raised by his father, not his mother, or by no parent at all. It's not like his mom just went off and disappeared in the night. It was an agreement between the two that the father would keep the child, because his mom didn't want that commitment. His father was always more compassionate in that regard. As well as this, he differs in other ways. He's a male Endal, unlike many of them. Since many Endal boys die when they're young, whether because of their own stupidity or a chain of unlucky events, the ruling class has been mostly comprised of girls. He acknowledges the differences between gender, and tries to fulfill what's expected of him in other ways. Ways more suited to his talents.

Like all Endal, he is bonded very closely to his Wind Eagle. In particular, his Eagle is named Zovah, with a slithering sort of s. Rather than Zovah being overly interested in Zed, it was somewhat the other way around. Zed would often watch the Eagle, and could actually recognize him by the pattern of his feathers. He'd follow him around a lot when he was transitioning into his teen years, and learned a lot of what he knows today by watching his Wind Eagle. He knew he wanted to bond with Zovah from the start, because he felt that they were meant to be "you and me", if you can stand semantics like that. It didn't take long, really, for Zov to recognize and respond. They were both young, and both looking for a friend.

As a member of his specific caste, his responsibility is great, and his rewards greater. Although he may be more admirable than many other Endal in some ways (he never steals, never performs crimes simply because he's immune to justice)... he does abuse his power to a certain extent. As someone who believes in his own capability more than most other things, he flat-out rejects all opposition to his thinking. He's often known to verbally beat the lesser citizens into submission, haggling outrageous deals or practically forcing others to bed him when he gets... bored. As someone far more interested in men than women, this often means that those who engage in these actions with him were not even of the same orientation.

Like most of his kind, he's very forward, very aggressive with his speech. He often will tell people when he finds them boring, or has a problem with them. He won't ever start fights, though -- he'll just walk away if it seems to be going in the wrong direction. He has a low tolerance for non-Inarta, and especially for non-humans, although he has a strong respect and attraction for Akalak.

As the child of two Endal, which is a great boon among their caste, Zed has been born with the ability to engage in telepathy. However, he is not all too fluent with Nari, so his eagle can sometimes get a little frustrated with his inability to understand. He's learning, though, and has improved greatly over the past few months. His relationship with the eagle is very strong, as they've been bonded since before Zed was a man. Zovah is an irreplaceable companion to Zed, who looks at him as far more than a mount or a tool for gaining high position. They will always be close to each others hearts, especially after the things they had to survive through and thrive through when Ivak returned from his prison. This close relationship with the Eagle has changed him as well; he is more harsh than he used to be. He is a strong advocate of the caste system, often ranting about how terrible the Reach would be if the Dek and others like them had the freedom they want.

It should be especially noted that although Zed may seem like a total douchebag, he DOES have goodness to him. Anyone smart enough (and handsome enough) to put up with his ego for long will eventually be met with a fairly personable guy. He's still self-absorbed and rude no matter what, but there is more diversity in this man than he makes commonly known. However, this may simply be a trick of his to get into people's pants. You -- just never really know.

When it comes to which parts of his personality define himself, his diligence comes first, but his lust and sexuality come very close. Zed is extremely promiscuous, and considering his sexuality, this explains why he'll rarely be found with women. Talking and friendship are unimportant to him, they're only foreplay to what he actually wants. This very much means that Zed is not romantic, and he's also extremely unfaithful if he ever goes get into an "official" relationship. This is common amongst many Inarta, although the blatant lust is more common in him.

Zed was born into luck, prosperity and wealth. He was the child of two Endal, although his mother wasn't really a part of his life. Ever. His father, a member of the White Owls, raised him to be kind and mostly accepting of the weaker and lesser of people. However, Zed was never intent on fulfilling these expectations. All children are for the most part stupid, so he didn't notice a large difference between castes, at least among his own friends, until he had grown older and hit his early teens. However, the moment he understood the extremity of differences between the high-tier and low, he grew into a hateful little douche. He'd go around tormenting the Dek, making fun of them, pranking them, throwing their belongings away, anything he could do to make them feel miserable.

His father loved him because he was his father, but it didn't go much beyond that. The bond between the two was never very strong, and his father barely even spoke to him once he was capable of handling his own self. This change in their relationship took place when Zed was around fourteen, which was also around the time when he grew obsessed with Zovah. While his father would slut his little heart out to every chap or gal he felt like, Zed would wander the aeries and try to learn more about the Wind Eagles. While he still spent a lot of his free time tormenting commoners, he still made an effort to further his capabilities, because he wanted to be an Endal. The way he saw it, when his father ditched him or passed away, he'd be relegated into a lower quality of living, and he'd probably be stuck with the very same people he had been teasing and berating all of his life. He had to reach the later echelons, or he wouldn't be able to survive long.

He grew an obsession with a specific Wind Eagle, who was very young. Just a fledgling. Zovah just... fit him. He knew it. While he tried to make an effort to avoid being seen by the bird as he studied his way of life, it was obvious that the Fauna was aware of his presence. Since the eagle was young, and maybe not that wise, he grew curious about Zed in return. They eventually started to team up, and bond like friends. It was a long and gradual experience rather than a hastened one. Season after season, until Zed hit sixteen, they would grow together. Then, finally, his status as an Endal was recognized and set in stone, when his companion chose him officially.

The years after that were quite enjoyable for him. He loved the position, and what it meant. Although his rising into this spot made him a bit more sensitive to the lesser people (mostly because he didn't want a reputation for being a douchebag), he would still pick on them in ways that Endal often did. He'd buy luxury items for a tenth of their price, or "accidentally" drop fragile ceramics and other things... he'd still tease the same people he used to, who had now become fully realized Deks and Chiet. They were always too stupid to deal with him properly, often provoked to anger and arrested for their lack of control.

He is certainly one of the most extreme Endal. He does these things not because he can, because he wants to. He wants to break your wares, your spirit, your ego. He wants to provoke people into prison cells, where they often die of starvation. He wants to force straight men into his bedchambers, and enjoy the fact that they aren't enjoying anything at all. Zed is, as true as rain, a complete amoral dick.

In 512, when Ivak was released, and the Inarta regained their senses... Zed was one of the few to not really care. Everything about Ivak didn't really change his way of living. It had no relevance to the lifestyle he had set up that revolved around terrorizing peasants. He and Zovah just moved on nonchalantly, as if nothing ever happened. Where other Inarta like to hide their fear in order to look tall, or to look strong, Zed doesn't really have to hide much of anything. He's ruthless, jagged, and without restraint.

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Nari

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Riding (Wind Eagle) 26 SP 26 Competent
Shortbow 16 SP 10 RB 26 Competent
Body Building 8 SP 8 Novice

Lores

Lore of Wind Reach Geography
Lore of History of Wind Eagles

Possessions

1 Set of Luxurious Clothing
-Embroidered Vest
-Leather Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Velvet Cloak
-Leather Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: A simple inheritance by his father; your standard shortbow.

Housing

Location: The aeries, although he lives alone rather than with a family

House: A simple home in the Endal aeries.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 pinions 100 pinions
Archery Equipment (Quiver, Gloves, Armguard, Arrows) - 23 pinions 77 pinions
Seasonal Wages +1,000 pinions 1077 pinions
Seasonal Tax -500 pinions 577 pinions

Thread List

Link your current & past threads here!
Last edited by Zed on November 29th, 2014, 8:59 pm, edited 39 times in total.
Zed
Perfection comes in red.

Words: 50224
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 6:54 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Zed

Postby Zed on May 15th, 2013, 9:24 am

Birthday: 11th of Spring, 505 AV

Appearance: Zovah is very large, even by Wind Eagle standards. His wingspan is forty-six feet, making him one of the biggest of his flock. Rather than looking striking or majestic, he purely appears deadly and destructive. He could likely fit an entire human down his beak, and he's almost been aggravated enough to try. His head is a snow white, with the rest of his body a slate grey, verging on black in some areas. His appearance is similar to that of a bald eagle, really. Like other Fauna, he has golden eyes.

Character Concept

Brutal and terrible is the eagle known as Zovah. He and his companion, Zed, are known for their lack of compassion for the weak. This wind eagle was born into hostility, his kin and the Endal connected to them the victim of disdain. The reason for this was simple; his mother was bonded with an Endal who wasn't an Inarta at all, but a Kelvic. The Kelvic chose Zovah's mother as his bondmate (it's important to note, however, that Zovah's father was not this Kelvic), and this strange relationship was the ire of many Inartian purists, even if only behind closed doors.

However, he was always respected greatly regardless, because Zovah is a majestic and powerful wind eagle. He is only about average, perhaps even a little below in speed, but he makes up for it with his size and strength. The physical durability of this proud Wind Eagle is great, something that his rider holds in common. The relationship between the two is like most Endal and their Fauna; inseparable. Zed has mirrored his eagle in many regards, taking on his own harsh outlook on the world, and living a lifestyle just as brutal. They will always hunt together, and the hunting is done quickly and efficiently. The two will eat together, relax together, and watch the sun rise and set together.

Zovah is aware of Zed's abuse of privilege, such as striking outrageously heinous deals with the merchants, battering people into bedding him, and whatnot... and the Wind Eagle just doesn't care. To him, his friend is simply allowed whatever he can carry, and whenever he wants something, he should have it. By far, he is one of the more oppressive Wind Eagles, believing strongly in the caste system, especially since it means that the Fauna are basically in control of the Reach.

Character History

It was a hot day when Zovah was born. A hard day, too; full of hard labor and feelings gone awry. There was a shortage of food in the Reach, after just recovering from the long and brutal winter. Even as the weather improved and food returned to many bellies, many people still fell ill on the streets and never woke up the day afterwards. When people's spirits were down, they often blamed something or someone for all of their misfortune. Many blamed the Endals, because the little food that was obtained was given to them. And the Endals were, as always, spiteful enough to gang up on his mother's bondmate, as they always did.

As a little one, Zovah was too young to understand that he was born into a time of strife. Through all winters in the Reach, things would always get this way. His mother didn't even really feel inclined to raise him, because she was always obsessively off with her Endal, every hour of the day. Zovah learned from watching his siblings, his sisters and brothers. He would rise in the morning and observe them, learning simply by mimicking their actions. It was difficult, and especially diligent for a fledgling to try. Hour by hour, though, he would try and improve. And all this time, as he worked to learn how to fly, or to provide food, there was always someone watching.

A little red-haired boy, who must've been stupidly fascinated with how "big" the Eagles were, or something like that. Zovah pretended to not notice him, but he always did. Zed was there, and he'd watch him through his trials, his mistakes, his success. Honestly, his presence was kind of helpful. It encouraged the Fauna to take it slow, and ensure his success over and over. Like the Inarta, this Eagle had a ridiculous amount of pride to live up to. After months of this strange relationship of watching and ignoring, Zed eventually grew out of his shyness and was more bold with trying to catch the eagle's attention. The Fauna didn't even bother to ignore him; they grew into acquaintances, friends, and a year later, they bonded into Endal and Eagle.

Little changed with their relationship as time went on. They hunted, explored, and sometimes even tried to play some weird games that often ended up in Zed being hospitalized, thanks to some injury or another. Through years and years, not even the returning of Ivak changed anything between them. Their relationship was a true and solid trust, that you could never thwart even with the highest ambition to do so. Zovah trusted Zed even as he bludgeoned the peasants, abused his position in the worst ways, and gained a reputation as a malignant tyrant. After all, it was survival of the fittest.

And the beauty was that, between them, it was really as simple as that.
Last edited by Zed on June 3rd, 2013, 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zed
Perfection comes in red.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Zed

Postby Zed on June 3rd, 2013, 1:42 pm

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Zed.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? You can call me Your Majesty, or most-well-endowed.
3. How old are you? Twenty-one.
4. What is your height? I'm six feet tall.
5. What is your weight? About two-hundred pounds.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
When the Gods had finally taken reprieve from their butchering and depravity, they decided to create something beautiful. Something perfect. And today, he stands before you.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
My junk.
4. How physically fit are you?
Muscular; but perfectly sculpted, not too much meat.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
I usually don't wear a shirt, but when I hunt, and on special occasion, I'll wear a red vest and sometimes a red cloak. My pants and boots are fairly typical. But, who cares? The main attraction is up here.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My father's name is Solos. My mother's name is Jill. I don't know my mother, but my father is lazy. Not a good parent at all, or a respectable person. He's also an Endal, like me, although he was never quite as good at it as I am.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Yes. I have a twin brother, Zac. Like usual, an Endal. Respectable, I guess.
3. What is your extended family like?
I don't know.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
I don't have any close friends. Well, I suppose I have one... but I don't regard him as highly as my brother, or as highly as my bondmate.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
Animals ARE family. Zovah is like my brother, too. Wymond... well, I'd consider him a man, but even that awkward half of him is still family.

The Reach, inside of the aeries.
2. Where do you live now?
The Reach, inside of the aeries. Funny, right?
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
The Reach, inside of the aeries. I bet that surprised you.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
...Avanthal.
5. Where do you fear to be?
Um, nowhere?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
Are you joking?
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Both. I'm good with my hands.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak Common. Some Nari. My accent, by all intents and purposes, is what you'd expect from any human. Although, I portray it quite sexily.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Does perfection have a stain?
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
Piercings, no. Tattoos? Maybe. They'd be red. I don't know where.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
Endal. I hunt, guard, anything.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I love my work. Because it's fun.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
I'd be an Endal, guarding and hunting.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
The Endals, the guards and hunters.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?
Shit-cleaners; every Dek, pretty much.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
A perfect one.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
Looking into the mirror for the first time.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
Uh, being sent to learn with the other Yasi.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
A bad one.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
Myself.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
A smart one.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I don't have an opinion on it; I learn too quickly to make deductions.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
Myself.
4. How do you learn best?
By existing.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
Undecided.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
Not usually, but I've formed very close bonds with Zovah (not a person), Zac and Wymond. Normal people are stupid, clumsy, and I can't tolerate them.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
Everyone is a liar and criminal somewhere. Don't trust anybody without years of evidence to back their honor.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
Gay. I can't say I love men, but I relate to them. And their bodies... my body... mmm.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
I've been kissed, I've kissed. It's not that great. First time was "meh".
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
I've had sex with dozens of people. Almost nearly a quarter of the male Avora have been... intimate with me. Some were fine with it, some wanted it, some hated it. At the end of the day, though, I enjoyed it every time.
The first time was not very romantic. It was when I had first became an Endal. One of the Avora I'd sought after a few years ago crossed my path.
I suppose it was one of the better experiences, if only because it was fresh. I don't know how he took it, but me, even though I enjoyed it greatly, I wasn't content with just that.

To add to that, I suppose I've had very romantic encounters, with Wymond. He's my bondmate. I enjoyed those experiences a lot more, probably because of... our feelings.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
Yeah, it was pretty dull. But, I needed something to nullify me at the time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
No.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
Wine.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
Never.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
My opinion is simple; they can be very useful, but they often sit around, wasting space, or turning men and women INTO wastes of space.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
My life is very simple; kill, defend, investigate, and wet my junk.
2. Do you like to read?
Not really. So many terrible authors.
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
The fact that everyone tolerates the Dek, when it'd be so simple to slaughter them on the streets?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
Hunting.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
Nothing embarrasses me. You wanna try? Go for it.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
Red.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
Night.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
Myself.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
My opinion is limited; the Reach doesn't have much good meals. Enjoy good meat, hate most sauces.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
Cloudy. It's always very refreshing, although you can't see it from within most of Skyinarta.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
Optimistic in myself, pessimistic in others.
2. What are your religious views?
I don't know.
3. Would you be able to kill?
Yes, I've done it before.
4. What are your views on sex?
Sex is used by some due to tradition, due to the desire to spread their bloodline... but with me, it's because I'm hot, other men can be hot, and I don't know how to describe it any better. My view is that it's the best hobby in the world, but only if done as a hobby, not as a breeding tool.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Having money, looks, skill and luck.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
Trick question?
2. What is your greatest regret?
I don't know.
3. What is your best/worst memory?
It's a tie. At first, I supposed becoming an Endal. It was very exciting, very refreshing, and piqued my interest in many things I had forgotten about.
But bonding with Wymond was also wonderful. It made me feel happy. Very happy. And what came after...
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
I don't think I'd change it.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
Bonding with Zovah.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
I'm very honest about my thoughts. If I don't like you, I'll tell you. My feelings... I guess I don't feel the need to display them.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Where do I start?
3. What makes you happy?
My lover, Wymond, most of all. My friend, Zovah; my brother, Zac. The hunt. The thrill. Being an Endal. There's a lot to be happy about.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
...That's a very hard question.
5. What makes you angry?
Nothing.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
However they merit being treated.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Wymond. I... well, I love him. We just work together, it's a natural thing. He's handsome, he really cares for me... Ugh, I feel clipped.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
Myself.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
I have a lover, Wymond. I don't know how normal people describe having a bondmate, but I suppose it's like having a spouse. We haven't been together for long, but he keeps me grounded. I don't know how I'd describe an ideal lover, but they have to be very good looking, very good in the sheets, and well enough at hunting and whatnot. They also have to care about me.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why
I'm strong. I don't neeed a protector.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Zed
Perfection comes in red.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets