Closed Darnit Eilea! I'm Your Friend, Not Your Lover!

Kane and Eilea boldly go where no one's gone before.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Darnit Eilea! I'm Your Friend, Not Your Lover!

Postby Kane on May 16th, 2013, 7:40 am

Spring 45 513 The Unforgiving

Kane was venturing out into the Unforgiven for exploration, where he was pretty sure no man had gone before. He was also rather sure, that he was being very bold in his venture. In the sense that this was a completely horrible idea.

At the very least, he had his trusty dog by his side. Saul had become a very strong constant in Kane’s life. Very rarely was he found without the padding of four paws following him through the streets of Wind Reach or along the paths surrounding the city. In fact, he could almost call Saul something of his second-in-command. The dog was always there for him when situations turned from bad to worse, and Kane could always count on him to bear his teeth and growl at that one creepy Dek who smelled like eggs.

Shaking his head, Kane cleared his thoughts. Egg-Dek was the last thing he wanted to think about at the moment. He always stares at me and pokes his eyeball. It’s weird. And why does he have to wear that damn red shirt? It just makes me want to kill him! He growled low in his throat.

Pausing for a moment, Kane wondered how a Dek even managed to get a shirt. Ripped and torn as it had been, it was still a shirt. Maybe he got it from being creepy or stole it off a small child after eating their soul.

Glancing around at the area, he found himself unimpressed. What had possessed him to want to go this far out of Wind Reach in the first place? He wasn’t sure at the moment, all he knew was that he had felt the oddest need to explore. And seeing as he’d already scoured pretty much every nook and cranny of the city, expanding to outside the walls was the next logical step. Or the volcano in this case.

The dull monotony that had plagued his life back at Syliras was beginning to return. Boredom was not a good thing for Kane. Or anyone else for that matter. He had a tendency to find his own entertainment when boredom set in, and back in Syliras this had led to him causing much trouble.

He needed something interesting to happen. And fast.

Tired of walking, Kane looked around for somewhere to sit and ponder his problems. The log a few paces away would do fine. He took a seat, hands beginning to idly pick at the bark, before looking up at the stars in the sky. After his time in the Suvan Sea, he was well acquainted with their layout, but they were beautiful none the less. Sometimes he found himself wondering what all was out there.

oocSo, Kitty and I just went to see the newest Star Trek movie. It was awesome and we felt very inspired.
Kane
Darnit Eilea, I'm Your Friend Not Your Lover!

Words: 84491
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Eilea on May 16th, 2013, 9:14 am

Eilea was on a trek.

Now, this wasn’t such an ordinary trek. She was searching for someone. This was the Search for Kane. Well… not just that, she also wanted to engage in some hunting. IT had been a long while since she had done any real hunting.

But Kane was definitely a top priority.

She had been watching him all day, peering around corners and the like. And no, she wasn’t completely obsessed with him. Partially she was just bored. And he was rather fascinating to follow.

So several hours of walking and hiking after leaving Wind Reach, Eilea had found herself in a place what was unfamiliar with. Her legs were tired of walking and her stomach was growling from hunger. It was evening and about time to hunt for food. With her bow over her shoulder and her quiver of arrows strapped around her waist, and a bag of random traveling supplies tied against her back, she began to follow the footprints that the love of her life had left behind as he had been wandering. It would be better to find Kane before hunting. She made note of his dog’s paw prints that stayed close as she moved, doing her best to keep under the shade of trees and rock formations as she moved.

The Vantha knew enough to stay out of sight the best she could. She couldn’t go around letting any big scary monster spot her. That just wasn’t fun.

Eilea paused and leaned against a tree, contemplating about returning to Wind Reach. She looked to the sky and realized that she wouldn’t return to Wind Reach by the time the sunset… that meant she’d need to set up camp as to prevent herself from being lost while walking into darkness. She needed to end this search for her ill fated man friend.

She continued moving. What didn’t surprise her, was that Kane was found sitting on a log.

“Fascinating.” She said in a serious tone with a smirk on her lips. “Hello Kane!” She said losing her previous tone with a laugh and quickly moved to sit next to him. Once situated, she looked up, as he was doing when she had noticed him. “Oh look, stars. They’re so pretty!” She leaned her head on his shoulder. “So, I found you. And you must be hungry. And I bet you don't want to eat your dog." Eilea glanced at the dog and stuck out her tongue. "And I doubt you're the kind to eat anything moving and slimy. Would you like me to go kill something and we can cook it over a fire?” She said jokingly as if it were a game.

In a way, it was.

The truth though, she REALLY wanted food. And she was extremely happy to have found her best friend in the area. Okay, he was really her best friend anywhere.
Eilea
KAAAAAAAANNNEE!

Words: 80945
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 9:08 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kane on May 21st, 2013, 8:47 am

The night sky was so lovely to watch. Kane enjoyed times like these when he could sit and observe, examining and re-examining the constellations. His usual joy, however, was somewhat tainted by the buzzing in his brain, which cried out for adventure, intrigue, anything to sate his current boredom.

He sighed to himself. On most nights the stars could fix his problems, but not tonight it seemed.

A sudden growl from his stomach brought a hand to his stomach and a blush to his cheeks. How long had he been out here? Quite a while it seemed. Kane was surprised he’d lost track of the time.

With a second sigh, he glanced around into the darkness of the surrounding area. Nothing appeared to be moving. He hunched down and ran his fingers through the dark fur of his dog. Saul’s tail swayed in appreciation.

Kane’s eyes drooped a bit, hand moving to cover his mouth as he yawned. It seemed his trek had taken more energy out of him then he’d expected. Sleep was what he needed. And soon. He looked back up to the sky, as if for guidance.

Saul’s ears perked up as noises of movement reached them. Kane quirked a brow. “Fascinating.” Wait, he recognized that voice...

“Hello Kane!” Oh Eyris why? It was Eilea. It wasn’t that he didn’t like her, he’d actually grown rather used to her presence, it was just that she was really weird. And she always hit on him in her own weird cheerful way. Which was weird and very awkward for him. Did he mention that she’s weird?

The Vantha proceeded to situate herself next to him on the log. “Oh look, stars. They’re so pretty!” Kane barely held himself back from making a snarky comment. It hadn’t gone over so well last time. In fact, it had gone terribly-Oh Eyris she had her head on his shoulder. His shoulders went rigid as she spoke. “So, I found you.” Wait, she was looking for him? Creepy. “And you must be hungry. And I bet you don’t want to eat your dog.” Saul gave her a sharp look. But Eilea moved her head from his shoulder to childishly stick her tongue out at him. The dog took one for the team; what a trooper. Besides, her tone was joking now, a realm Kane was far more comfortable in.

“And I doubt you’re the kind to eat anything moving and slimy. Would you like me to go kill something and we can cook it over a fire?” He snorted.

“Are you sure? I’d hate for you to miss out on the opportune chance to eat a wiggling, slimy thing. I’m sure you’ve waited your whole life for such a thing.” Grinning to himself, he continued. “Or perhaps you could find a small shivering, furry animal that makes cute noises to kill. It might help to sate your incredible blood lust for tiny adorable things.” His tone was very light, and he spoke with a jesting seriousness.

Though, all joking aside, some food would be very nice at the moment. “And if you can find a place in your heart for the cold, hungry human, perhaps you could kill something not slimy or adorable. It’s kind of a personal preference.”

While she hunted down some food, Kane would most likely attempt to make a fire. He’d just have to find some wood first. And actually start an actual fire. Which he was rather horrible at. Maybe I can trick Crazy-girl into starting one for me. He could probably just ask. Tricking was more fun.

“I suppose I’ll go gather some wood or somethin’ like a good wife.” He stood as he spoke, taking a moment to stretch out his limbs and pop his back and shoulders. Saul rose to his feet along with him. “You go bring home the deer chops or whatever.” Shuffling around the area, he picked out any wood that looked suitable for burning. Kane hadn’t realized that it probably wasn’t a good idea to make marriage jokes with an insane woman bent on joining with him in matrimony.

Oh well, live and learn, right?
Kane
Darnit Eilea, I'm Your Friend Not Your Lover!

Words: 84491
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook