PM to join Look Like a Nykan [Ana/Xi]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Look Like a Nykan [Ana/Xi]

Postby Ximal on March 30th, 2013, 8:05 pm

OOClarge multiplier = X3
4sm 5cm shirt X 3 = 1gm 3sm 5cm wool med
3gm 6sm breeches x 2 = 7gm 2sm wool med
2gm 2sm 5cm x 1 cloak = 2gm 2sm 5 cm wool med
2gm 5 sm x 1 boots = 2 gm 5sm leather
2gm 5 sm x 1 gloves = 2 gm 5sm leather
11gm 3sm total

Xi sighed and kept up pace with his friendly compatriots. Well as friendly as zand and ana could be. At least untill ana attempted to stamp on a heavily armoured foot. Xi smirked lightly and let her run back off, after all he worse steel there for a reason. And deflecting tiny feet wasn't his major choice of approval. Clothing...Xi hadn't gotten any new clothing since the third of summer and now it was the fifth of spring the next year. He needed some new garments. Xi sighed though at the little thief doing her best to keep ehr way away and walk backwards at the same time. At least zand had the good grace to walk along side her. Xi kept up pace though fishing around in one of the many small pouches he kept attached to his front., via the straps of his body pack. Finally he pulled out the right one. Two-hundred gold. More than enough, or it least he surmised it would be. Thopugh at zands small comment he short her a smarmy and sarcastic look far afield from the shocked on she was hopeing to get. "I'm being generous, i'm not a walking bank. Then again....If theres any left over after this you two can have a third of the remainder each to do what you want with. Though having said that that'll only be if there is any left." As Xi spoke though they were pulling up on the edge of the aperture...The thing that many had said to be wary of, the endless black chasm. Xi peered down into it and felt...Strange, both a mix of fear and like...it was drawing him in. Xi shook his head and flicked his focus back to the other two as they arrived in the flaxen district. "Also zand , don't worry about fighting, i don't intend to cause grief here. Least not until one uppity monk thinks he can beat me...Then it'll be a different case."

Thought he flaxen district was...Plain in some regards it was possibly the most colourful place in the city. Xi looked around garnering prices and such beginning to use both his intimidating siize and talking skill to haggle down the price a little whittling down the price for the articles of clothing he wanted from a grand total of almost twenty gold right the way down to only eleven gold and three silver. Not the best price he'd ever seen but still better than he could have hoped for. Though zand's comment about the northern district being the one for fighting and training. Xi smirked lightly as he stepped back over to the other two as they went about their business. "Sure i don't see why not zand after all, i think the trip here made me a little rusty.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on April 6th, 2013, 2:33 am

Ana fiddled about with her fingers at Zandelia's words, she didn't really want to wear a dress but perhaps the thief could come to a compromise and still have her pants by getting a skirt instead, which would allow Ana to wear pants underneath it. If, and for only Zandelia's sake, if Ana had to wear a dress some of the time she would also do that too- the thief didn't want to petch anything up. Generally speaking, wearing mens clothing had been a small reason as to why she wasn't looked at in Sunberth, had remained small, and unnappealing to prying eyes. Straying from that comfort zone put Ana a bit on edge, rocking on her heels, and toes, and then a thought occurred to her- what if she turned into a man? She had the ability to do it! Ana saw what Shroud had done that one night before leaving for Spires, it was possible.

Maybe not under such a large, grandscaled operation, but just the smaller things- one at a time. Ana's eyes dropped to her chest and then rolled to look at Ximal's, it wasn't like she had much of one to begin with, compared to Zandelia's but there was the low amount of femininity that came with her body that was undeniable. Rubbing her jaw in thought, Ana wondered if she could do it in a crowded market area, with people everywheres, or would have the time to do it and create enough concentration to enact upon the morphed, slightly gender-bent disguise. To get away with something like that would be amazing, and dangerous, but it wasn't as if anyone could see underneath her shirt... What would be just a small change in chest size be to the curious onlooker? Nothing! Because she had no real chest to begin with.

Could she keep that small transformation up for an entire season? Probably not...But...The thought of it was amusing. "Hey Zand," Ana gestured to the older woman and followed after her and saying in a low tone "what do you think the chances are no one will notice if I do...That..." as if upon the word the girl would shut her eyes for a few moments and concentrated, thinking hard on the color of blue and then willing it into one of her eyes by just a small trickle. Opening the one eye up for Zand to see before it would dissapear back underneath the golden tide of her dominant eyecolor. "To a little something involving our good womanly curves? Of course mine are non-existant to say the least, but whats your take on that? Or should I play it safe and actually...wear...dresses?" Ana cringed at what she was saying.

"If not... Could I possibly wear breeches underneath a skirt?" The desperation crept out, she really didn't want to be stuck wearing something so...girly... To be honest, Ana didn't really know where to start in the sea of colors. Just within a few days Ana had seen every color imaginable, from all the colors of the rainbow, and then some, and the styles... Don't get started on the styles, Ana couldn't fathom wearing some of the women's styles though some of the styles the men wore seemed practical. Colorful, but practical, and sometimes flashy depending on the citizen. What if Ana stood out among all the rest anyways, she wouldn't be able to steal anything being constantly watched and that would not do at all.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Zandelia on April 6th, 2013, 8:42 pm

oocMap - 2gm, Thread (Red, Green, Yellow and Blue)- 1gm, Pins (same color as threads) - 1gm.

Total = 5gm

Note: No pricing for the thread and pins that I could find so I guessed their prices. Feel free to alter them if consdiered too cheap.

Zandelia merely waved off Ximal’s answers with a flick of her hand, the man was becoming increasingly possessed of a strangely wry sense of humor. It was an effect of their interaction that has been unexpected and, at times, annoyed her. It was a bizarre reaction to be true but she disliked imitation of her own individuality – it was mostly all she had left. She sighed as she let her gaze flick across the various wares upon display, they were of a tumultuously high number of different ranges and typologies. The items ranged from clothing to jewelry and more. As she wandered a little away from the other two something caught her eye and intrigued her. It was a map, a map of Nyka to be more precise. She picked it up and unrolled it for a closer inspection.

Beautiful! It’s got all of the streets, alleys, districts…Akajia hide my arse…it’s perfect! Perfect for keeping track she told herself as she scanned for anything else that might be of use from the small stall.

In the end, tucked neatly into her robes and out of sight, she walked away with the map, a box of colored pins and several different colors of fine cotton threads. She had paid a scant 5 gold-rimmed Miza’s and she considered that, for someone of her profession and with what she had planned, it was a paltry sum for such an integrally important piece of her schemes. She used her own funds for the purchase, she had agreed to limit Ximal’s expenditure to clothing and she wished to keep the purchase under their attention spans at any rate. She walked back to the general area of their own shopping and found some dresses worth her attention. It was not long until Neilles came to ask her something…unique.

“What do you-“ she began to reply but before he could get many words out Neilles had morphed her eye a different color and the rest was made entirely clear, “and here I thought you’d be wanting to use my own…assets…as a model. And after you’ve seen them and everything they still aren’t that impressive hmm?” she smiled, she was joking of course. She knew Neilles found it difficult to attract attention, did not care for such things – it was her greatest strength and at the same time her largest failing.

She needs to interact with the world or else…well…she won’t know how to cope with it. Still…color is a small starter. Dresses can wait a little while I suppose she mused to herself, it would be enough for Neilles to just stop wearing such dour tones of fabric.

“You can wear what you like Ana, whatever you wear I’m sure that you can make it as convincing as it needs to be – but be careful with our…talents. They are dangerous and I don’t want my beautiful Ana ruined by such things,” she continued after a few moments of pursed-lipped thought, “the important thing is the cut, material and color really Ana. If you have a good cut, a flaxen fabric and a lot of bright shades you’ll do well enough”

“Sadly, I cannot find much in the way of decently fashionable garments here, so you pick out what you wish. I have another place to visit after this. A last…stop. I’ll get what I need there”

“Ximal! I see you there! You got what you needed I see? Or are you still shopping. Ana is and I need to go elsewhere after this. You might like it, might get to see something nice for once” she smiled at him then, he would most assuredly [/i]love[/i] the last location of their jaunt.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on April 7th, 2013, 5:37 am

Xi let Ana and Zandelia have their discussions his usual stoic nature preventing him from taking precedence and stepping forth into their conversation. Still Xi just kept silent until he himself was addressed then he'd speak up until then though he'd just muse upon both Ana and Zand's conversations. Xi knew exactly what ana was talking about after all "that" hinted at something vastly stronger than she's probably meant it too. Morphing and such, he hadn't even needed to see her to tell that was what she was talking about, especially when zand agreed with her. Or rather chastised her for her choice of not choosing her as a model. Xi just shook his head, if he ever chose to mask himself as a female in the future he'd more than likely choose zand as a model, well in most ways barring the personality. as that was testament to jumping on his nerves at times. Still Xi shook his head and held near the group the clothing and items he held were wrapped in the large cloak he'd bought to encompass all of it.

Fashionable ? Xi'd just bought what he normally bought neutral colours and nothing overly vibrant. Not even dyed a simple set of brown and back clothing , he may have stood out amongst the people but if he was going to stand out as a commoner he would blend in as a monk. Though zand's last words worried him. She had to go else where seeing as both he at this point and ana were not particularly well versed in the trappings of the city's glory's sprawl...Xi wisely spoke up and managed to grumble out the words. "Alright i'll go with you then, i suppose ana will be coming too, mostly as we've no idea as to where to go. Or at least...I don't."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on June 5th, 2013, 12:35 am

There wasn't really anything she needed to get as new, though a shirt that wasn't stained from sweat and smudged with dirt would have been extremely nice, and the cloak around her shoulders that had splotches of blood in it still showed. Yeah, she definitely needed to learn how to clean her clothes, or at least attempt to keep them cleaner than they already were. It wasn't her fault, back in Sunberth it had almost become customary for her to look like a filthy street urchin. The dirtier you were, the less likely you were to be noticed by a thug, and confronted for your purse, or life. Of course before Sunberth she had always been clean, and she never really did enjoy the feel of grime and dust collecting on her clothes or body.

Ana waved off Ximal's response, and Zandelia's, she would dress like the populace. If a skirt or some sort of dress was required, than so be it. Regardless of that.. She still went with what she felt best, and skirts were not on her list. She perused.

Amongst all the upper, and lower garb, Ana found a tunic, a rather peculiar one the color of a dark green. It had long sleeves and a small v cut in the front, with the flaps that came from either back or front to be rather long. She picked it up, and along with that a pair of tan colored breeches that flared out around her thighs and shrunk down to the leg area. Aside from the both of those, Ana also found herself looking at corsets, but turned her nose up at them, they were far too girly for her. So she hurryed on to the shoe section, and picking a pair of tall boots with the flaps around the top. The boots she wore now had seen the last of their days.

Oh, and she picked up a belt with a shiny buckle to it. Hers was frayed.

Still she looked around, curious on the different wears and found herself looking at cloaks, without a second thought she picked up a darkly midnight blue colored one, complete with hood. She would be able to remove the wolf pelt on her current one and place the pelt onto the new blue one.

All this color was sickening to her, but this was Nyka, and she saw little blacks, whites, or beige colored clothing. Everything was so rainbow colorful.

She proceeded to pay for these items with Ximal doleing out the cash, a happy smile to her face. Like any other girl... Shopping made her feel not poor, and joyous.

Expenses for Ximal to buy for Ana :
Item Modifier Total Cost
Tunic: 5sm Linen (N/A) Dyed (x1.5) Small (50%) Good (75%) = 1sm 25cm
Breeches: 8sm Linen (N/A) Dyed (x1.5) Small (50%) Good (75%) = 2sm
Belt: 2sm Leather (x2) Buckle (x10) Small (50%) Good (75%) = 6sm 67cm
High Boots: 5sm Leather (x2) Small (50%) Good (75%) = 1sm 67cm
Cloak: 5sm Linen (N/A) Dyed (x1.5) Small (50%) = 3sm 75cm

Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am