Griffith's Journal - A Scholar's Notes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Postby Griffith on July 2nd, 2010, 7:11 am

A Scholar's Notes
By Griffith, of the sons of Benha
“No matter under what circumstances you leave it, home does not cease to be home. No matter how you lived there - well or poorly.”
Griffith
of the Tents of Malkyn, of the sons of Benha

Words: 49339
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2010, 7:27 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Griffith on July 2nd, 2010, 8:38 am

Spring 510 AV
Day 74
Approximately 19th Bell, 33 Chimes

I normally don't keep things like journals. Perhaps it's just that I've always considered my thoughts to be safer in my head than on paper where anyone can read them.

But I suppose that changes now.

Something happened today. A Kelvic appeared in the Academy's Library, where I work. Her name was Emma. She asked me to accompany her on a treasure hunt, of all things. She has a tome written in Nader-canoch, and I can read it. Though why me, specifically, escapes me. There were others in that same library who are more fluent in its use than I. What could I hope to accomplish, really? Moreover, she seems to have had bad experiences with magic. Yet when I gave her a demonstration of my Reimancy, she seemed fascinated. Before she almost walked out on the spot, that is. Nonetheless, it leaves me wondering about her. She's confusing. Prone to mood swings, but stubborn within each one, it seems. Quirky is the word I'm looking for. I think.

I've gotten sidetracked. This is why I don't talk for too long. I get monotonous and start to ramble. It's also partially why I'm awful at making jokes or telling stories. Not that I do much of those anyways. I've got almost nothing in common with my own people. Never have, and probably never will. I hold no illusions there.

And I almost did it again. Right. The change. Emma's visit made me remember something. Something I forgot, at some point along the way. I left my brother's Tents because I wasn't content to resign myself to a normal life just yet. Yet I came here, to Riverfall, and proceeded to do precisely what I'd tried to avoid. Oh, I'm still learning things - things I'm interested in, at that - but I've wound up working a regular job with little on a daily basis to mark me as separate from every other person on the street. That entails settling down - something I never thought I'd wanted. And it's still something I don't. I'd lost sight of my reason for leaving in the first place. I still plan to go back, of course, but that's another story entirely.

It has been some time since I've eaten. Maybe I'll find Vit at the Kulk. Emma asked me to inform him and Korin about her gathering of hunters. That means I'm done with this entry, for the time being... Another time, then.
“No matter under what circumstances you leave it, home does not cease to be home. No matter how you lived there - well or poorly.”
Griffith
of the Tents of Malkyn, of the sons of Benha

Words: 49339
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2010, 7:27 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)