[Verified by Jupiter] Artimus Arkham

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Artimus Arkham

Postby Artimus Arkham on June 19th, 2013, 5:15 pm

About Me
Vital Stats

Name: Artimus Arkham
Preferred Name: Arty
Race: Human, Mixed
Father: Human; Eridius Arkham
Mother: Benshira; Serehina, from the tents of Baya, of the sons of Malech
Birth date: 45th day of Spring, 485
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 180lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Beard Color: Red-tinted brown
Eye Color: Honey chocolate brown
Dominant Hand: Right
Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Shiber
Birth City: Ahnatep
Current Location: Faleyk Gulf, en route to Riverfall
Motto: "Life is a joke and I live it until it is no longer funny."

Physical Description

Artimus Arkham is a generic human and as such, has all the normal features of normal humans; two arms, two legs, a torso, a head. At five foot and ten inches, he matches the average male in height. Brown locks flow straight down his head, becoming just a little wavy once they pass his neck to reach a little passed his shoulders. Matching honey chocolate brown eyes take in sights with a youthful shine, in spite of his approach of becoming middle aged. Generally adorned with grey apparel, Artimus dresses to be as neutral as his alignment. Perhaps the item that stands out the most, and by far gets him the most attention, is his brown leather fedora. Though the hat is nothing unique in creation, people seem compelled to give him a compliment, and he always takes them with a smile.

Character Personality

Artimus is generally quite reserved in most situations. While this attribute seems to make him a bit of a stick in the mud at parties, this practice also holds true even when the proverbial shit hits the proverbial fan, making him a good pillar of strength when it's time to panic. In spite of this, Arty as he prefers to be called, is a good guy. He's the most accepting person you could ever meet, willing to help anyone who truly needs it, regardless of race or history. The only exception to his generosity is towards people with a complete lack of regard for others, people who are full of themselves, and people that are simply a complete menace.

There are many personality quirks that Arty has. His whole life has been spent in Ahnatep and so he’s a bit skittish outside of his homeland. Inexperienced to what’s out there and based on stories he heard during his first trip away from home, he’s borderline convinced that everyone is out to eat him. He has a completely irrational fear of horses. He’s willing to do anything for anyone so long as he feels he is being productive and helpful; though this often leads him to troubling situations. He thinks that babies are much less durable than they actually are and so is terrified to touch them in fear of accidentally breaking one. This is likely due to not having a child yet himself. Children annoy him and though he will sometimes go out of his way to keep them happy when he is forced to engage them, he’d much rather stay away from them. Artimus is honest to a fault and easy to fluster, not to be confused with embarrassed. A flustered Arty stutters, fidgets, and makes mistakes, often forgetting all that is logical.

Brief History

Artimus grew up in the somewhat harsh community of Ahnatep. His mother was Benshiran, which makes him half Benshiran; not a good race to be when around Epharians. Arty’s father was a strong man and believed his son should and would grow up to be strong as well. This meant that Arty would have to deal with the racism and general contempt towards him with a calm acceptance. The alternative was to face the wrath of his father. There’s not a single Epharian, six arms and all, that intimidated him more than his father, and so he dealt with the attitude and malice of those around him with patience. They would always move on eventually.

Arty loved his mother dearly and got along with her much more than his father. It’s not that he didn’t like his dad, they simply never had anything in common. Every encounter with Eridius was awkward at best. Serehina on the other hand constantly spent time with Artimus. Giving advice, tending to the occasional bruises that popped up when an Epharian got a little too rough, and enjoying any form of entertainment they could come up with. It made sense really, since Eridius was often out to sea anyway.

When Artimus turned 15 got a job with the local postmaster, delivering flyers door to door. His mother was an excellent tailor and after changing her designs to incorporate magnificent colors that the Epharians so desired, she made plenty enough mizas to support herself and her son while Eridius was gone, but as of late, her hands had become shaky. She seemed able to make less and less as time passed. His father was a sailor aboard the ship Dirty Laundry based out of Zeltiva but often spent over a season in Ahnatep throughout the year.

Delivering flyers was fun for the teenager. He got to explore the city and in spite of the occasional lashing and taking of his product, Arty remained fairly safe within his job. The postmaster was Epharian and many were shocked when the man promoted Artimus to a full courier when he was 18. Sure, another Epharian would probably have been promoted after only a season, but Arty was half Benshiran. Through hard work and dedication alone had he been able to make this happen; qualities that Epharians liked, regardless of race.

By 22, Artimus was looking to move out of his parents’ house. Truly, he wanted to sooner but his environment and financial situation didn’t allow for it. Serehina had developed some form of nervous disorder that had slowly ripped away her ability to produce tailored goods and debilitated her capabilities to perform several simple actions, such as cooking. Arty spent most of his time looking after her when he wasn’t working. It was near this time that Eridius decided to leave behind his days at sea to help take care of his wife. Serehina coached him on how to sew and through his hands continued to weave goods that would ultimately support them. With the aid of his parents and the income that he had saved, Artimus purchased a small cottage within the city.

Over the course of the next 6 years, Arty continued his advancement within the postal system of Ahnatep. Though, so did he advance to more violent forms of racial harassment. Away from his parents, he had time to frequent new forms of entertainment; bars, the Halls of Peret, the Golden Watchtower. As an adult, the contempt and eagerness to fight were abundantly higher for Epharians towards him than as children. Many times has Arty been in a brawl for no reason beyond he was at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong company. Eventually, he decided to leave.

After speaking with his father and his employer, Artimus was able to secure passage aboard the Dirty Laundry on a Spring voyage away from Zeltiva with a letter of recommendation from the postmaster in hopes to secure a similar position once he arrives. As he began a walk up the decking that would take him onto the ship, Eridius stayed him with a mighty hand upon his shoulder. Soon after a hug was given, a sentiment that Arty rarely ever saw from his father. After giving his son his blessings, Eridius bestowed upon him a good luck and good bye charm; a silver pendant engraved with the holy symbol of Aquiras, the god of travel. Arty then set sail for Riverfall to start a new life.

//////////SKILLS TAB//////////

Skills
Novice Acrobatics (15 = 15 Racial + 0 XP)
Acrobatics is coordination of the body and awareness of one’s physical abilities and limitations. It is tumbling, running, jumping, balancing, and most important of all, reacting. The way a body meets an obstacle—be it an opponent in combat, a fall from an inopportune height, or the eyes of an expectant crowd—is defined by the extent of their training. Acrobats are flexible, patient, and strong... at least, their bodies are.

There are three main types of acrobats: performers, combatants, and freerunners. An acrobat can encompass any or all of these types.
◾Performers: Gymnastics, funambulism, contortion, and many other feats require deliberate training in acrobatics specifically, while arts like acting and dancing may use it secondarily.
◾Combatants: Whether in hand-to-hand or armed combat, acrobatics can help a person evade, confuse, or simply add their own unique style to any fight.
◾Freerunners: Using the landscape to get from A to B is not only a sport for creative athletics, but an important tool for messengers, thieves, and other stealth artists.

Novice Camouflage (10 = 10 Starting + 0 XP)
Camouflage is the use of any combination of materials, coloration or illumination for concealment, either by making animals or objects hard to see (crypsis), or by disguising them as something else (mimesis). Examples include the leopard's spotted coat, the battledress of a modern soldier, and the leaf-mimic katydid's wings. A third approach, motion dazzle, confuses the observer with a conspicuous pattern, making the object visible but momentarily harder to locate. The majority of camouflage methods aim for crypsis, often through a general resemblance to the background, high contrast disruptive coloration, eliminating shadow, and countershading. In the open ocean, where there is no background, the principal methods of camouflage are transparency, silvering, and countershading, while the ability to produce light is among other things used for counter-illumination on the undersides of cephalopods such as squid. Some animals, such as chameleons and octopuses, are capable of actively changing their skin pattern and colours, whether for camouflage or for signalling.

Novice Observation (15 = 15 Starting + 0 XP)
Observation is the collection, identification, organization, and interpretation of sensory information in order to represent and understand the environment.

Novice Stealth (10 = 10 Starting + 0 XP)
Stealth is the skill of moving without being detected.

Novice Unarmed Combat (15 =15 Starting + 0 XP)
Unarmed Combat is the term given for physical combat that forgoes the use of weapons in favor of fists, feet and in fact the entire body. While there are a number of specialized forms of unarmed combat such as wrestling and boxing to name a couple, countless unarmed fighting styles make up what is otherwise known as unarmed combat. Unarmed combat includes the kind of fighting techniques taught in military basic training or in self-defense classes. Students learn elementary methods of attack and self-defense. Such as being able to parry an attack as well as kicking or punching an opponent. As they progress in training and skill, an individual's fighting techniques become more advanced until they are capable of causing serious injury and even death with their bare hands. Among the countless styles of unarmed combat, most offer similar types of training although go about it by varying means. Unarmed combat is more specialized and focused than brawling with the latter employing the use of one's environment over the use of one's own body.

//////////LORE TAB//////////

Lore
Epharians' racism towards Benshira :
Eypharians are also open racists. They do not act superstitiously around lesser races like the Benshira would, but merely pretend the lower creature is not even there. More animalistic races are treated like pets they must tolerate or a glob of something foul. Dhani are the one exception due to their years of collaboration with the Eypharians. Humanoid races are largely regarded with cool politeness, save Myrians and Benshiras. Eypharians have an active dislike for Myrians, considering them a primitive and ignorant race that would not know order or beauty if it bit them. Benshiras, however, were once slaves to the Eypharians, so there is often a condescending tinge to interactions.

The back streets of Ahnatep :
With a job that requires a man to know the location of every building within a city and know the quickest way to get there, Arty spent a lot of time roaming through alleys, back streets, and even jumping from roof to roof in some areas. Artimus could navigate to anywhere in the city with his eyes closed, or so he'd brag if you caught him intoxicated.

//////////EQUIPMENT TAB//////////

Equipment
ApparelItemsLocationBackpack*Items in storage**
Gray tunicHatchetAttached to belt, backFlint & steel
Gray trousersCaltrops bag x2Attached to belt, leftToiletriesCases, map or scroll
Gray hooded capeMarbles bag x2Attached to belt, rightSpoon & knifeMap of Riverfall
Black leather bootsBreath bag x2Attached to beltRations (1 week)Empty
Black leather beltLeather vambracesForearms100' rope, silkEmpty
Silver holy symbol of AquirasCase, map or scroll x3
Makeup kit

* - Arty keeps his back pack on him any time he is working. During his time off, it's usually left in his residence.
** - Storage refers to Arty's housing if/when he has it nearby or on/with his vessel/caravan/horse/transportation if he is travelling.

//////////TIME-LINE TAB//////////

Time-line
Spring 6th, 480 - Eridius meets Serehina :
Eridius was a sailor from the port city Zeltiva. He was a tall man of hefty stock, with broad shoulders and a wide chest, dark hair, dark eyes, and a perpetual tan. He looked like many of the other sailors around him. The women would say he’s attractive once you get to know him, but from a distance he looked rather ordinary. He kept a stoic expression most of the time. Add this to his impressive height of six foot six inches and he would appear to most as rather intimidating. Perhaps this was why most girls never approached him. Of course, it didn’t help that he was constantly out to sea aboard the vessel Dirty Laundry.

Serehina was the second daughter of a family of talented tailors. Be it the wool of sheep or the hair of goat, Serehina was able to craft beautiful blankets, clothing, and the occasional gambeson for any adventurer or guard that happened to be lurking through her family’s shop. Serehina was a pretty woman with flowing black hair that passed her waist and pale blue eyes that reflected even the slightest light that struck them. She, like her two sisters, was quite short, standing at only five foot and one inch.

Serehina and Eridius first met in Serehina’s home town of Yahebah. Eridius’s captain tries to make the Syliras trade route each year and stops there twice a year for the trade of goods and a short shore leave in the hospitable city. It was spring of 480, the initial blanket of sand had just recently settled back to the ground and the temperature was still somewhat comfortable for outsiders. Eridius had several hours of shore leave left before the Dirty Laundry shipped out. He found himself casually wandering through the market streets, entering various shops to peruse their wares and in general enjoy the sights.

He ducked down, sliding his massive form in through a doorway made for smaller folk, entering a shop that displayed beautiful rugs, strung over a line in front of the store. Up to this point, all the Benshira he had met had all expressed a warm attitude towards him, though usually not much more than a smile and a short greeting. That is, until he entered this place. A short woman had a quite jovial expression as she greeted him, offering to show him around and even being so bold as to hold a colorful shirt against his torso, making the comment of how dashing he would look wearing it.

Eridius smiled, looking down at the tiny girl and held a staying hand up, shaking his head no. It was a good tactic, but pink never meant dashing on a ship. She lowered the shirt, looking very innocent as if she had never tried to push a sale on him in the first place. She introduced herself as Serehina and prompted him to come see her if there were anything he needed. With that, the girl skipped off towards the next customer.

As the Dirty Laundry set sail later that day, Eridius found himself thinking back to that young beauty he met in town. So deep in thought was he that he didn’t even hear his shipmates laughing at him. The pink shirt he wore really was not dashing.

Fall ??, 480 - A second meeting :
Insert information here.

Spring ??, 481 - An unlikely bond :
Insert information here.

Fall ??, 481 - The corruption of an innocence :
Insert information here.

Spring ??, 482 - Running away :
Insert information here.

Spring 45th, 485 - Artimus Arkham was born :
Insert information here.

//////////LEDGER TAB//////////

Ledger
Transaction
Amount
Total
Starting package
+100gm
100gm 0sm 0cm
Cashed in housing
+500gm
600gm 0sm 0cm
Purchased Hatchet
-6sm
599gm 4sm 0cm
Purchased table spoon
-1cm
599gm 3sm 9cm
Purchased map, city of Zeltiva
-2gm
597gm 3sm 9cm
Purchased 50' rope, silk x2
-20gm
577gm 3sm 9cm
Purchased breath bag x2
-4gm
573gm 3sm 9cm
Purchased case, map or scroll x3
-3gm
570gm 3sm 9cm
Purchased caltrops bag x2
-2gm
568gm 3sm 9cm
Purchased camouflage makeup
-10gm
558gm 3sm 9cm
Purchased marbles x2
-1gm -6sm
556gm 7sm 9cm
Purchased leather vambraces
-10gm
546gm 7sm 9cm

//////////NOTES TAB//////////

Notes
This is a list of everything I'm working on currently for my character as well as any explanations I feel like I need to give and goals for the near future:
  • Filling out the rest of the events in my "time-line" section. The ones that are currently blank really have no bearing on my CS being complete, but rather some more background information about how Arty's parents met.
  • Getting this character sheet to have a nifty little green check mark next to it.
  • Upon getting my CS approved, I plan to make a couple flashback threads before actually making an entrance into Riverfall.
  • Post an entrance to Riverfall!
  • Die a happy player.

Behind the Character
In this section I'll go into a little about myself as a player and compare myself to my character.
Name: Steven
Race: Geek
Birthday: April 15th 1985
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 192ish (And dropping)
Hair color: Brown
Beard color: Red-tinted brown
Eye color: Honey chocolate brown
Dominant had: Right
Fluent language: Gibberish
Basic language: English
Birth City: Charlottesville, Va
Current Location: Richmond, Va

About Me

So, there are so many references to me in Arty's character sheet that I really don't feel it necessary to blab on and on about myself. Rather, I suppose I could just point out the similarities. I truly do have an irrational fear of horses and babies. I find it hilarious when I think about it from an outside perspective. My uncle just recently had a baby and every time I see him he tries to pawn the little thing off on me. So far, he's been very unsuccessful. Once, only once I've held a baby. It was a very awkward moment. I held it as far away from me as possible and we simply stared at each other in confused silence. Some two or three eternities later, which probably equates to a minute, my aunt took the thing away from me.

I do constantly try to be helpful, maybe not so much on the productive side, but if someone needs anything from me, I usually do my best to give it to them. This quality confuses me the most because I truly do despise most people. I think people as a whole are lazy, uncaring, and rude. I'm sure there's a few more choice words I could add, but I'll refrain on account of actually wanting to make friends on this site.

Hmm.. flustered. That is a funny sight, even from my perspective. I get flustered so very easily. It's highly annoying, as much as it is comical. Almost every kind of flirt that I process will get me a little flustered. I never blush, I don't really get embarrassed, but I will lock up or start babbling unintelligible words that make absolutely no sense. Luckily, my quick responses, dyslexia, and tendency to compete hard in the ways of verbal judo keep me from getting flustered in real, face to face conversation. Give me text on a screen when I have more than a moment to see it, read it, think about it, process it.. Yeah, easy to be flustered.

I think that just about covers everything in Arty's personality tab. What else is there? Ah! My father. Yes, that man terrifies me. Also, the best conversations we've had have all been under the shroud of awkward. Love him to death though. My mother? Not actually sick. That I threw in there simply to give Eridius a reason to come home and give Arty a way to escape. She is a handful though. NEVER shuts up. Ever.

I guess I can go into the history of my name; Artemis, or Artimus on Mizahar. My first RP character was a kitsune named Artemis. Honestly, I didn't care what name it was so long as it shortened into the nick name Arty. Arty was my true goal. I didn't want Arthur and I couldn't think of anything else at the time so I chose Artemis. Since that time in.. erm.. 2008? .. I've used Arty for many different things. The most popular of which was probably my LARP character. Or, several LARP characters actually. I use it as my Steam name and my online alias for almost everything now. I was forced to change the name to Artimus here and I have to admit, I kind of like it. It sounds a bit Roman, which is the inspiration for the name Eridius. I think I might change my Steam name to Artimus actually. Also, eventually, I plan to make a rather large stock of LARP weapons and other related items and sell them at conventions under the company name of Arty's Armaments. I think it's catchy. I need to get a logo created still but I've had most everyone I've ever LARPed with tell me that I make amazing weapons.

I think that's just about it for personal information. At least, at the moment. Please feel free to ask anything you'd like in the form of a post on this thread AFTER this CS has been approved. Thanks. =^-^=
"Life is a joke and I live it until it is no longer funny." ~ Artimus Arkham
Artimus Arkham
The Grey.

Words: 9498
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:17 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet