Closed Pilgrimage, part V

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Pilgrimage, part V

Postby Khida on June 9th, 2013, 3:05 am

She blinked.

Surely she had blinked. A cloud passed over the... no, Syna was barely risen; there had been no sunlight to dim.

No explanation for the axe which the hunter now held in his hands.

Khida's feathers all fluffed up as she studied the metal glinting in dawn's first rays of light, the polished wood dark and textured under the man's grip. She had only snatches of glimpses at first, before he retreated to sit and examine it in detail. In unintentional synergy, she studied it just as closely, craning her head and sidling sideways to get a better angle. He mused, and thought; in the branch above, the falcon watched, wings half-mantled, slowly evolving thoughts out of her profound, startled shock. He made strange murmuring sounds which she didn't even notice, some deep part of her mind dismissing them as meaningless noise.

...Apparently, sacred trees birthed weapons. That was the only conclusion she could reach, and while it was somewhat more palatable than the idea of thinking plants, it still didn't seem... right. Khida knew of no other sacred trees, yet she had seen an abundance of weapons in her years...

She didn't like it. She didn't like it at all. And yet he sat there -- stood there, rising to walk along the bough -- with that strange thing held close like an old and cherished friend. How could he be so easy with it? The man lifted one hand to sign at her, bidding calm, stillness; Khida lifted her head, looking at him sidelong, and smoothed down not so much as one single feather. Rather, she hissed, as he brought the unnatural thing closer to her -- and when in his distraction the hunter jostled her perch, the falcon took that as the final straw. She leapt from the branch in a rapid flurry of wingbeats, quickly leaving behind the tree's canopy and seeking the sanctuary of altitude and open sky.

He could have the ground, and the sacred tree, and the spooky spiked axe. She was absolutely done with this business, right now...

...and no amount of coaxing, however plaintive, would afterwards bring the falcon back down from the sky into the sacred tree's vicinity.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Pilgrimage, part V

Postby Jackalope on June 23rd, 2013, 9:41 pm

Shahar

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Observation +3 Who Am I?
Climbing +2 Location: The Serenity Tree
Philosophy +3 I Am Shahar Dawnwhisper!

Iventory: Add one waraxe

Khida

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Observation +4 Location: The Serenity Tree
Flying +2 What is Sacred?
Philosophy +1 The Serenity Tree gives Weapons

Witty Remark Here
I loved this thread the first time I read it, and I love it just as much this time. Beautiful writing. The descriptives you two weave together are some of my favorites. Congrats on your new name and new waraxe, Khasr Shahar. :D Keep up the great work you two. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Jackalope
Check out that bunny heat

Words: 128580
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous