Closed Like and Unlike

Fox // Khida intrudes upon a falconer at his work.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Like and Unlike

Postby Khida on June 12th, 2013, 9:00 am

Bandages. Heal, mend, fix. He gave the words, and Khida noted them, her focus remaining intent upon the man. She watched as he moved the bird into the cage, frowning, and gave that structure a long dark look. Tethers, bound wings, and cages... He offered to teach her more, and all the Kelvic could think was that she wouldn't want to be one of those hapless birds. At least with the tethers, the jesses, then if she wished to fly, she might yet make him let go -- but with the cage? That was another situation altogether.

Khida took a step backwards, not quite consciously, keeping the cage at the edge of her vision and a watch on the Drykas' hands. His demeanor was friendly, certainly; he offered no threat. But the cage bothered her as had nothing else he'd done, and abruptly, she decided she had all that she needed. "No," the woman replied tersely. "The words are enough."

Human manners would have said thank you; Khida didn't. She simply shifted in a blur of light, a peregrine falcon ascending into the sky in the woman's place, quickly putting distance between herself and all that the cage represented.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Like and Unlike

Postby Jackalope on June 23rd, 2013, 9:54 pm

Khida

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Interrogation +3 Fox: Falcon Holder?
Observation +1 Falconry's Definition
Pavi Words for Falconry

Fox

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Teaching +1 Khida: Strange Woman
Observation +1 Giving the Basics of Falconry
Khida can turn into a Falcon

Witty Remark Here
Nice little thread. Short posts, but it worked with the dialouge, so I enjoyed it. Fox, if I could get you to go into a little bit more detail when you're doing falconry related thigns, like where you got the bandage, how you are holding the wing as you wrap it and such, I would appreciate it. :) Thanks guys! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Jackalope
Check out that bunny heat

Words: 128580
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous