Code Issue? [Resolved]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Code Issue? [Resolved]

Postby Castor Riley on June 29th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Hey everyone!

So there's this thread that's suddenly gone all wonky, and every time I try to post, it puts mine right on top of the other person's post. It's not an issue with my code, I don't think, because I use the exact same thing for every post I make and there aren't issues anywhere else.

Anyway, the thread is here.

Would someone please confirm that they also see the facebook like button under the banner, that doesn't usually appear, as well as the
"© 2009-2013 Mizahar, a fantasy roleplay forum
Powered by phpBB © 2007 phpBB Group"
that I'm seeing in the middle of Adoros' first post so that I know it's not just me, somehow.

Oh and the post I'm trying to put in is this, just to be sure I'm not doing something wrong:

My post :
Code: Select all
[frame=green][frame2=white][color=black]Castor watched as the child chose to write his name down rather than say it, and was filled with a feeling of certainty that his instinct had been correct. He knew that an inability to talk was not the only possible reason for the child's silence; he could be shy, or he could be following the sage advice of not talking to strangers, both of which were objectively much more likely scenarios. But Castor had seen muteness before, and he knew the mannerisms associated with it -- ones that he was now recognising in the young boy's behaviour. Looking at the corner of the parchment where he'd signed his name, he read a single word: 'Adoros'.

[b]"Adoros,"[/b] he said aloud. [b]"That's a nice name. You know, you remind me a lot of my father, Adoros. He wasn't able to communicate what he wanted very well, so he had to find other ways to do so. Is it the same with you Adoros?"[/b] He asked, a friendly smile on his face. Could this boy really be the same? He looked around for the boy's guardian. [b]"Are your parents nearby?"[/b] He added, concerned about the boy being unaccompanied, even if Zeltiva was one of the safer places on Mizahar.[/color][/frame2][/frame]

Thank you in advance!
Cass
Last edited by Castor Riley on June 29th, 2013, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always open for a thread! Feel free to PM me!
Mailbox
Castor Riley
Player

Words: 127927
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Code Issue?

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 29th, 2013, 2:09 pm

Yes, I see them as well, Castor.

And nothing is wrong with your post as far as I can see. :) Perhaps you should PM one of the founders about this.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Code Issue?

Postby Castor Riley on June 29th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Thanks Fubuki!

I'll do that then. I didn't want to bother them as they're so busy, but it's obviously not something I could resolve on my own anyway, since it's not a problem with my post.

Again, thank you! :)
Mailbox
Castor Riley
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Code Issue?

Postby Gossamer on June 29th, 2013, 4:02 pm

The problem was the last post your thread partner made. I edited the post and fixed it. But do you see the issue?

Code: Select all
[frame=black][indent][color=#FFFF00]Awkward silences often occurred in situations like this, when two individuals link eyes for the first time. There is that pause, that brief silence, when both individuals take in the other. They note their features, their visible emotions, their mannerisms, all in seconds. And then they speak, one, and then the other. Usually it was an introduction, a greeting, followed by a curious question or a cliche statement. Then the other person would do the same. This was how conversations usually worked in society.

But with Adoros, only one person did the talking.

The child sat there as the hairy man introduced himself as Castor, a librarian at this establishment. And then came [i]the[/i] question: "what is your name?" Adoros stared blankly at Castor, little emotion crossing his visage, but his inner being sighed in frustration. Why did everyone have to ask what his name was? Could someone get to know someone without knowing there name?

There was something different about this man, though. He didn't just ask the question and wait for his verbal response. Instead, he even gave a suggestion to him that even a mute could follow; how well did this stranger know the young child? Had he seen him before, or heard about the mute child who frequented the library? Looking up at the man, Adoros could sense wisdom in him, intelligence that many others didn't possess.

Of course, Adoros didn't comment on any of it. Instead, he dipped his quill into  his ink vial, and carefully wrote his name in the bottom right corner of the picture. The signature was small, a soft detail that didn't take away from the true beauty on the page. Despite this, Castor could distinguish the signature, allowing him to learn his name.

And with that, Adoros fell silent once more -not that he as loud to begin with- waiting to see what this man had to say.[/color][/frame][/indent]

You can't open with a frame, indent, and color then close with a color frame indent.. you need to close with a color, indent, and frame. You need to close in the same exact order you opened. This happens time and time again on here and everyone always says its OMG MIZAHAR MESSING MY CODE UP! But its not. It's players not following the basic rules of bbc coding. He messed it up.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Code Issue?

Postby Castor Riley on June 29th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Oh, I see!

Thank you Gossamer!
Mailbox
Castor Riley
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets