Mailbox for Castor Riley

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Mailbox for Castor Riley

Postby Castor Riley on May 1st, 2013, 2:54 am

Mail for Castor Riley, currently at the Student Living Quarters of Zeltiva University
Always open for a thread! Feel free to PM me!
Mailbox
Castor Riley
Player

Words: 127927
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Mailbox for Castor Riley

Postby Eridanus on May 1st, 2013, 10:20 am

To: Castor Riley // Student Living Quarters, University of Zeltiva, Zeltiva
From: Syreus Ehm Sol // Nirvana, Kabrin Road, The Wildlands
Sent Date: Day 14, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 21, Spring of 513 AV
Reply From: Letter 1

Greetings Mr. Riley,

In which case consider yourself employed according to our terms of discussion with immediate effect. Compensation shall be based on a per deliverable basis, the amount of which depending on the complexity and difficulty of deliverable.

However, to satisfy my assurance as to the quality of your work I must insist on a probationary deliverable.

The subject matter will be on the foundations and basics of Auristics. Off the top of my head, I suggest the following resources to aid you in your endeavor:

1) Introduction to Auristics by University of Zeltiva Press
2) Auristics and Djed by Wynne Leocole
3) Warning of Overgiving by Scholar's Asylum Office
4) "The Lyceum Experience" by Eridanus, East Wing Student Newsletter (505 ed.) by University of Zeltiva Press
5) First Glances into New Sights and Sounds by Jolen Firguse

I will assess your suitability for future employment based on the quality of this deliverable.

Regards,
Syreus Ehm Sol
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Mailbox for Castor Riley

Postby Eridanus on May 10th, 2013, 6:25 pm

To: Castor Riley // Student Living Quarters, Zeltiva University
Sent Date: Day 48, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 56, Spring of 513 AV
Attachment: A small, nondescript leather pouch containing 60gm.
Reply From: Letter 3

Greetings Mister Riley,

I have perused your attached work, and I must commend you on your wonderful work. While it is evident to me that you do not possess the ability to wield Auristics, based on my personal experience with the discipline, your systematic and thorough coverage of the topics involved in basic Auristics is very well-researched and of course, sufficient for the objective of this book. Therefore you can consider yourself to have passed the probation with excellent merit. You will find attached the standard pay for a deliverable of this level, including a once-off bonus for the aforementioned "passing with excellent merit". Consider it your "registration award", if you will.

Now, let us discuss your further terms of employment in detail.

Firstly, I will list out a series of available magical disciplines that can be found in the Wright Memorial Library. Personal magics are Auristics, Familiary, Flux, Hypnotism, Leeching, Morphing, Projection, Reimancy, Shielding, Voiding. World magics are Alchemy, Animation, Glyphing, Magecraft, Malediction, Spiritism, Summoning. Do take note of the difference in categorization; Personal vs World.

Secondly, it is likely that in terms of availability of knowledge in the library, the complexity of magic-related information range from basic to intermediate. With some effort we could perhaps uncover the advanced texts, but it is likely to only exist for world magics due to the much more prominent academic fixation upon this branch of magic.

As such, I will require books that cover each magic in basic, intermediate and advanced (if applicable) levels. Of course, if you could somehow obtain or create books that are above the levels I specified, it will be accepted gratefully as well. As a rough guideline, the book that you have sent me can be categorized as "Basic Auristics".

Therefore, based on the above information I have given you, you are allowed to choose your preferred field and level, though I require that you go up the difficulty systematically. Let me also warn you that world magics would require proficiency in drawing as well as the diagrams, shapes and symbols within are of the utmost importance. I would recommend picking from the personal magic pool and completing the series of basics at the very least as a starter. Let me know as to your choice, and I will try my best to offer a series of references. Do be warned that I am more knowledgeable in certain fields than others, so you will have an easier or harder time depending on the quality of references that I provided. In such cases you must exercise your judgement and do thorough research; do not be shy about interviewing other East Wing students or to sit in or consult a relevant professor if needed.

Finally, I am sure that you are interested in your basis for compensation. Below is a list:
Basic: 40gm
Intermediate: 60gm
Advanced: 90gm
Doctorate: 130gm
Auxiliary: 80gm

For your future reference, we will not cover Auxiliary yet, but I included it here for your convenience. When the time comes I will instruct you further in its details.

In other words, do reply with a confirmation of your acceptance for our future co-operation, along with a confirmation as to the compensation within (40gm as per standard deliverable rates + 20gm one-time bonus), as well as with your next choice of project and I will furnish you with the necessary information as much as I can.

PS: Send back the leather pouch after you have retrieved its contents.

Regards,
Syreus Ehm Sol
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mailbox for Castor Riley

Postby Eridanus on May 12th, 2013, 3:07 pm

To: Castor Riley // Student Living Quarters, Zeltiva University
Sent Date: Day 65, Spring of 513 AV
Received Date: Day 73, Spring of 513 AV
Reply From: Letter 5

Greetings Mister Riley,

I have thought of only sending you a request at a time so that you can use the time within to rest. However, if you wish to have a constant deliverable to work on, I suppose sending two requests would be reasonable. When you finish one, I can then replace that request while you work on the second one.

Though some disciplines I may be able to contribute more than others, but I will try my best to offer as much guidance as I can.

Regarding intermediate level of Auristics, I believe that you might find the following sources useful:
1) Expanding Beyond Your First Aura by University of Zeltiva Press
2) A Thorough Understanding of Physical Characteristics by Magrid Huffledore
3) Arcane Analysis: Environmental & Specific Characteristics by Logan Vireul

In addition, "Auristics and Djed by Wynne Leocole" may com in useful as well in conjunction with Vireul's book, along with "First Glances into New Sights and Sounds by Jolen Firguse" when used in conjunction with Huffledore's paper.

Regarding basic Flux, I will admit to having more personal experience than knowledge of academic literature. However, I can briefly recall having read the following sources:
1) Redirecting the Soul: A Brief Non-Technical Discussion of Flux by Rejun re Alvagrahn
2) The Enabler of Supernatural Dance & Acrobatics by Silgon Nightshade

In addition, you will find "Disharmony of Flux by Wise Watcher" to be an important supplement when used in conjunction with "Warning of Overgiving by Scholar's Asylum Office".

Also, even while the story is fictional, "The Strength of the Suvan by Alia Wuinice" consists of technically and anatomically correct depictions of flux in combat, especially in the depiction of the protocol in Suvan flux combat squads.

You will also find "Warning of Overgiving by Scholar's Asylum Office" to be constantly useful in all current and future deliverables, especially for personal magics. As always, you are free to include your own sources if you deem them to be necessary to cover any possible gaps of content.

Do let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Syreus Ehm Sol

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Mailbox for Castor Riley

Postby Ricky Maze on June 5th, 2013, 7:14 am

To: Castor Riley // Student Living Quarters, University of Zeltiva, Zeltiva From: Ricky Maze // Old Quarter, Zeltiva Sent Date: Summer 5th, 513 AV

Castor,

How ya been mate? Been a good few days since Leila's opening. I'm actually needing a night with a friend and wanted to see if ya were interested in meeting up at the Kelp Bar. How does the tomorrow at twentieth bell sound? Give me a shout and let me know, we can see about a drinking contest then.

Ricky Maze
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)