[Verified by Siren] Eliza.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Eliza.

Postby Eliza on June 29th, 2013, 6:35 pm

Eliza Jin

some of us are so sharp
we could just cut ourselves.

- N. Gaiman.

Basics

Race: Mixed blood
Caste: Chiet
Age/Birthdate: Nineteen/1st Day of Summer 494
Starting City: Wind Reach
Birthplace: Ravok

Appearance

Eliza is the product of a half-breed Eypharian and an Inarta, muddling her bastard blood until her desert heritage is difficult to define. At a glance, she looks more Inartan than not; but outside of Wind Reach, no one would be like to realize it. Her flesh is sun warmed but not gilded, her dark hair blood thick without the use of paint, and her eyes are a soft amber, more ivoried than sunny. A sturdy five feet, three inches tall and made of noble lines and healthy curves.

Character Concept

Silver linings can come tarnished, but they are almost always there.

Eliza is an unexpected optimist. Born to nothing in a city of rot, she would find marrow in the bones tossed her and call it fortune. A girl could take more things from bones than bare sustenance; a clever girl could take learning. Lizard bones could be given to the grizzled seer for a glimpse into tomorrow. Bird bones told the secrets of flight. Her bones are not so elegant, but she pretends not to mind. Her mind was sharpened by the teeth of her absent father, instilling in her a bottomless curiosity for everything living and dead. Congregation with ghosts has made her both ruthless and kind, a combination as improbable as the rest of her and as unlikely as her highest hoped for goal.

Character History

Eliza’s story began before she did, connecting far flung cities and scattering sun bleached bones to the four corners of the world.

Her father was not an ordinary man. Sprung from opulent Ahnatep, Alander Jin was a half breed nobleman with four hands instead of the preferred six. He spent his youth in service to the House of the Northwinds, learning fine art, sound business, and cut throat politics. It is in his thirtieth year that the skin of his story shrinks from the bones of it, cooked too long in the unforgiving sun; and so he disappears, exiled from his own tale like fat into the fire, cast from the city of his birth and reappearing years gone in the midst of Ravok’s dank canals.

These are not secrets he has told his daughter, unless perhaps he whispered them with spiders legs to spin in her cradle.

Her mother, Eliza was made to understand, was a slave. It explained to Eliza her childhood situation, spent largely crouched hearthside turning a spit while cooks and downstairs maids, slaves and apprentices, tradesmen and delivery boys dashed and chattered. For the first five years of her life, Eliza believed patient Jassa (from the tents of Sion, of the sons of Malech) was her mother. Jassa watched her with khol-lined eyes, sharp as any falcon preparing to stoop. She would dust Eliza out of harm’s way or watch her blunder, ready to assure Eliza learned the correct lesson and went on not to err in the same manner.

Choices were small, little slivers of false independence, but each held infinite learning. For example: take the garden path and be tempted to dawdle, the message delivered late to the butcher and all the desired cuts sold out for the day. Dalliance and self-indulgence, therefore, earned you and empty stomach and the back of a hand.

Jassa taught her more. Pretty lies and half truths lived within the flickers of light that often dusted the edges of Eliza's vision. Those lights belonged to the stubbornly dead, Jassa claimed, and so Eliza's conversations with ghosts began. It was a burned man -- "I died in a fire," Nolan sighed, "Exactly the way they wanted." -- who told Eliza her mother had come from the sky on the back of the wind and not, in fact, in sweat and chains.

Shortly thereafter, Eliza's father came to collect her. He put her to books and figures, lifting her from the neglectful ashes of his boarding house kitchens and repositioning her in the factors offices above. Money clinked and a lonely accountant -- "Drowned," the phantom smirked. "By which I mean murdered." -- wiled a bit of her eternity assisting Eliza with her sums. She and all the others would vanish, however, whenever Jassa came with her deeper lessons in love and spiritism.

And so Eliza learned that the dead still had things to fear.

The year passed quick and imprisoning. She had few friends in the household for the fact of her father's identity and fewer still for her training in Jassa's shadow. Bumps occured, little and large, but nothing she was much inclined to mention amid the chatter of ghosts. Just short of adulthood, Alander came gusting home from a journey, rich earth still staining his pants, to pack up his daughter with haste and send her off at dawn out of the floating city and toward the largely unexplored shore. His explanation was terse, but Eliza recognized its portent and did not complain.

She was a girl who understood secrets and had a few to hound out herself. By the time she flared past the reach of Alander’s partners, she was already en route for answers.
Last edited by Eliza on August 13th, 2013, 12:08 pm, edited 18 times in total.
and I know their choices color all I've done.

- Mumford.
Eliza
I know that time has numbered my days.

Words: 19248
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2013, 8:18 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Eliza: WIP

Postby Eliza on June 29th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Training

Skills
Skill Score Level Point Origin
Anthropology 5 Novice 5 SP
Mathematics 10 Novice 10 SP
Negotiation 15 Novice 15 SP
Spiritism 30 Competent 20 SP, 10 RB

Languages
Language Fluency Addt’l Notes
Common Fluent SP
Nari Basic SP
Arumenic Poor SP

Lore
Lore Origin
Soulmist Production SP
Bookkeeping/Accounting SP
Last edited by Eliza on August 13th, 2013, 12:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.

- Mumford.
Eliza

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eliza on June 29th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Equipment & Possessions

• 1 Set of Clothing (SP)
  • 1 Waterskin (SP)
  • 1 Backpack which contains: (SP)
  • 1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap) (SP)
  • Food for a week (SP)
  • 1 eating knife (SP)
  • Flint & Steel (SP)
  • Average book (Heirloom: 50 gm value)

Housing

Darniva Commonrooms: All Wind Reach housing is inside the Mt. Skyinarta Volcano in cave systems. Anyone living in Wind Reach lives in a cave. There are no cottages or buildings outside the volcano.

With the exception of drudges, who sleep wherever they finish working, the common housing of Wind Reach all reside within the Darniva Commonrooms. There is actually plenty of space for everyone since the rooms were created with the advent of Wind Reach and made numerous with the anticipation of a much larger city. Rooms can be rented or purchased by travelers or immigrants through the Valintar for any duration of stay at any size requirement. People do not have to stay in the rooms they rent, often renting a small space and opting to move into a far larger one. The Inarta themselves, other than the drudges who do not get their own rooms, are free to occupy whatever space they'd like. Visitors that occupy spaces other than the ones they have leased or purchase run the risk of getting run out the first time someone else rents or leases the space they are in. Individuals are responsible for keeping their own spaces clean, though there are a number of drudges assigned to the Darniva to keep them all clean as well.

Ledger

Summer 513 AV
+ 100 Pinions (SP)
Last edited by Eliza on July 5th, 2013, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Mumford.
Eliza

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eliza on July 5th, 2013, 5:46 pm

Nolan Meluc

Ghosts that we knew made us black and all blue,
but we’ll live a long life.

Approved NPC
Race: Ghost
Skills:
  • Materialization 10
  • Possession 10
  • Soulmist Projection 10

- Mumford.
Eliza

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eliza on July 5th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Thread List

Active Threads

Title Partners Location Timestamp Status
black and all blue. Nolan Thunder Bay 72 Summer 513 AV In Progress
Beautiful Lies Erio Wind Reach/Shrine tTwh Passed 82 Summer 513 AV In Progress
fingering old bones. Kovac Wind Reach/Shring tTwh Passed 85 Summer 513 AV In Progress

Inactive Threads

Flashbacks
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -

Post Creation
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -

- Mumford.
Eliza

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes