Completed What's Mine Is Mine And What's Yours Is Also Mine

The trickster vs the Fence

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

What's Mine Is Mine And What's Yours Is Also Mine

Postby Kalesserimamoru on June 27th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Timestamp: 10th of Summer 513 AV

Deep within the tunnels of Zinrah, where the light from the outside world could never reach, even on the brightest of days, Mamuro slithered. His snake form was smooth, almost soundless and crawled through and around the tunnels as if he were being pulled from ahead, rather than pushing himself along. The dhani was heading to The Fence location, the Smuggler’s Cove, as it were. This was the place to find things that he couldn't find anywhere else, or from anyone else. These were items from the outside world as well as from the very nest he was in. Some of the items were stolen, some cursed and other things common and that people no longer wanted.

Mamuro didn't have any idea of what he was searching for, he only knew that he had heard that there were good items to be found there. Not the common crap that most people didn't want, but other things, things they had slipped noticed and disappeared from homes. Things that were obscure and that no other merchant inside the nest were willing to deal with. This intrigued him greatly, and he wanted to know just what items these were.

He slithered his way into the area and coiled himself half way, before he started to shift into his Dhani form. The shift was pleasurable in a way, more so than when ever he morphed, but he had started to get used to that strange feeling also. 30 seconds later, the Dhani slithered further inside and started to look around. By most, he saw what he expected, old things, clothes, paintings, weapons, pottery, items that people had gotten rid of for coin. He even noticed Dhani he knew inside, bartering away their items, or buying them back.

Mamuro didn't speak to them however, he would amuse that they were trying to be discrete, and he himself was doing the same. He continued to look around at the other items until he came upon one he liked. A dark shaded bone mail armor piece. There was something about it that he liked, and while he wasn't used to wearing armor, there was something here that he could see himself using. But, Mamuro wasn't about to pay for it even if he did have the coin to do so. It wasn't worth as much if he had to put coin on it but....

He took the armor into his clutches and slithered over to the fence and started a discussion. The fence nodded to Mamuro, but nothing more. He wasn't used to seeing this Dhani around and so there were no pleasantries to be shared. Mamuro licked his tongue wickedly out of his mouth and worked his djed to flow. It rose up, over, and through him to settle in his eyes, hands and mouth. He wouldn't bother to spend coin on it, but perhaps his will could persuade the fence into giving it to him.

Mamuro lifted the armor and turned it against his chest as he looked towards the fence and smiled. He could already see the look in the dhani' eyes, a look of no trust." Relax, you can trusst me." he suggested simply, then used his djed to reach out and touch the other dhani with an emotion that would calm and sooth him to Mamuro's presence. "Thiss looksss good on me wouldn't you agree? I can ssee mysself wearing thiss and putting on a good show." He continued to will his djed to cause another emotion to rise within the Dhani, a feeling that he might see Mamuro in a light that showed him proudly wearing the armor piece.
Last edited by Kalesserimamoru on July 1st, 2013, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything happens out of necessity."
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Words: 450418
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2013, 3:10 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kalesserimamoru on June 29th, 2013, 7:45 pm

The fence looked Mamuro over, unknowing that the Dhani was working his magic on him. There was a slight change in his attitude, the fence no longer watched the possible buyer with the same glare that he would a would-be thief. Instead it was closer to what he would a repeat customer. He watched Mamuro, examined him while he held the armor up to his chest, and for a short time could see him wearing it while facing off against something fierce, however odd it may have seemed.

"I think it ssuitess you well. Thinking about buying it friend?"

Mamuro turned his head slightly, a mischievous grin spreading across before he parted his lips to speak. He had no intention of buying anything, but if there was a way that he could trick the Fence into giving him the item, well, that was all the fun, and also the point. Mamuro had a strong will, a drive to change the way others saw things, or more to his liking as least. The trickster continued to will his djed upon the other Dhani, his gaze flashing a friendly stare, a nice smile upon his lips, and even his hand gestures were of the familiar sort.

"I would...I really would. But timesss are hard. I have little coin to sspend on anything but the thingsss that I truely need. I ssupossse I could go without it, but I want it. I'm ssure that you undersstand, yesss? You've wanted thingss before. Thingsss you couldn't afford on your own. I don't ssuposse that we could make a deal?"

He moved a bit closer, his posture and expression of the non threatening type, and something of a casual nature that one may use when amongst friends. Mamuro reached out more towards the fence, using his djed to elicit a rising emotional bonding, the type of thing one may feel when they find themselves with a person that they could see as a friend some day. The fence folded his arms and thought over what the Dhani had said. In the past he had made deals with others for the purpose of cutting cost and also in the hopes of gaining another repeat costumer. Slowly his mind was beginning to soften, and the more that he spoke to Mamuro, the more he could see his side of the discussion.

"Fine, I'll make a deal with you. I wasss going to ssale thiss for 10 Bikka. But, for you, I'll let it go at 5." The fence smiled and nodded to himself for his smarts. In truth he was likely asking for too much for an armor piece that had been worn and seen battle, but making these kinds of deals was what kept him in business. "You won't get a better deal than that friend.."
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kalesserimamoru on June 29th, 2013, 11:16 pm

There was a pleasant aurora around the two, as Mamuro's magic continued to coil around them as if it were a serpent itself. It enticed the Fence more and made Mamuro appear all the more charming and friendly. The Trickster needed the Fence to trust him, to see him as being worth more than half off the price. He continued to smile, confident, but not rudely so. He nudged the Fence more with his djed and continued his pursuit.

"Ahhh, well ssurely you can do better than that? It'sss a sshame to have to admit..but even that would be too much for me to handle now. Perhapsss if you go down more, allow me a courtesy. I could pay you back some day. My luck iss down at the moment, but ssoon I will have more, and I could also help you..with bussinesss I mean. "

He was a cleaver trickster, appealing to the Dhani' s business sense, and hoping to sway him into thinking that he needed this sell more than Mamuro wanted the item. It was hard to tell if it were working so far, going down on the price could have just been a guy trying to make a sell. To say that the magic had worked would be false.

"I know a lot of othersss, thosse who might be interesssted in coming here. They are the careful type, and don't trusst sso eassily. But, if I sspoke with them. I told them what a good businesss you run? Well...I'm ssure they would come around."

Mamuro smiled more and rested his hands on top of the table, and not for a moment did he lose eye contact with the Fence. The trickster had a point, the Fence had to admit, and in the pass merchants had made deals with others in order to peddle their wares more with them, or in a certain area, and by use of word of mouth also. But there was something else happening, he didn't know Mamuro, or any of his contacts but he was starting to trust the Dhani.

"I ssee, I sssee. For thisss venture then, how much are you wanting to pay, and how much of balance are we talking?"
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kalesserimamoru on June 30th, 2013, 6:10 am

Mamuro held the Fence in his gaze, their eyes locked and only lost connect for the tick it took them to blink. He pressed his hands further upon the table and leaned closer so that only he and the Fence could hear what was being said. This was the moment that Mamuro had been waiting for, the moment in which he would make the suggestion that he had been luring the Dhani to all along.

"How about none? No payment of coin at all...What do you ssay friend?"

"We are friendss now after all...Businesss friendss if you perfer, but friendss none the lesss. Imagine how well thisss will do for you...for usss."

"I wear your armor, desstroy Myrianss, bring glory to the nest. Perhapsss, even the ladiesss will enjoy the look and they'll know where to go for..ssimilar itemsss."

The Fence was a bit put off by this, and frowned while shaking his head. He trusted Mamuro more now due to the magic, but not enough for this. He had thought the Dhani was simply wanting a better, kinder deal...but that was a steal. Mamuro didn't seem like the type to be run off easily, and for that he was glad.

"Nothing? You musst be joking? I can't jusst give thisss to you. No, My offer sstandss however, take it friend. It'ss a very good deal."

The trickster leaned forward more, his body pressing against the desk, conforming to it, almost as if he was about to slither his way up on top of it. He stared deeply into the eye's of the Fence and concentrated the flow of djed more into his body. "Isss that what you really want? No, I don't think ssso. You and I are a lot alike. We sshould look out for the other, yesss? You want to give thiss to me, it iss a good idea."

Suddenly Mamuro reared back and folded his arms across his chest. Another Dhani had entered and was slithering very close to where he and the Fence stood. The Fence himself shook his head a bit, his mind returning to normal after the flow of djed had stopped. Mamuro decided not to push further with others around, and would return again later on another date to continue his unique persuasion.

"Maybe another time then..."
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kalesserimamoru on June 30th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Timestamp: 11th of Summer 513 AV

Mamuro returned to the Fence's shop the day after his last visit to continue their conversation. He was interrupted the last time, and decided it was better to step away and then try it again on another day. He wouldn't be put off by this, and was ready to give it another try. Offering suggestions wasn't always quick, sometimes it took a while, even days to get it to work properly. The trickster slithered his way into the shop and first took a moment and searched for the armor piece again. It wouldn't do him any good to try again if the armor was gone.

There were a few others in the shop also and he didn't want them catching on to what he was doing. In the mean time, Mamuro slithered around and looked over some of the other items that was for sale. A few of the things he saw looked like the type of things Myrians carried, but he didn't want those things. There was also jewelry and what appeared to be gem stones. He could imagine the look on his sister's face if he got those for her, but..she would just have to slither her way down and buy it for herself.

He spent several chimes looking around before he found himself and the Fence alone again. The trickster approached the armor again and took it into his clutches. He slithered his way over towards the Fence and at once he started to manipulate his djed and reach out towards him. He didn't say anything yet, instead he continued to smile, offering the suggestion of a friendly nature. Mamuro wanted him to feel like they were friends, closer even, like brothers. He nodded to the Dhani as he moved closer and set the armor on top of the table.

"Hasss, anyone elsse, come for thisss?"

The Fence looked down at the armor, seeing the scrapes and nits in it from the battles it had seen. In truth, no one had asked for it yet, but he was still sure that he could make good coin off it with the right buyer. Or so he hoped. "I've had a few people look it over, they are interessted in fact. Ssso if you're going to take my deal now isss the time."

The Fence was good with business, and he knew just how to word things and how to spark interest. He did want Mamuro to have the item, but also wanted him to pay for it. He did believe that it wouldn't look better on another Dhani, but he still wanted to make coin from it. So he attempted to put pressure on Mamuro and get him to buy it quickly before someone else showed up to claim it. It had been he, who brought up the subject of other buyers, and now the Fence looked to use it to his advantage.

However, Mamuro wasn't buying it, or the effect was the opposite of what the Fence intended. If there were other buyers, Mamuro would have to work even harder than before to make his plan work. The trickster focused his djed as he caught the gaze of the Fence once again.

"You are lieing...."

"There are no other cusstomersss. No one hasss looked at thisss for a long time. They don't want it.."

"No one wantss it. Jusst me. How long have you had thisss? How long before you forget that it isss even here? You need to make thisss arrangement. It isss for the best."

Mamuro smiled admitting an emotion of hopelessness, even disdain if and when the Fence would look upon the merchandise. It was hopeless, no one would ever buy it and Mamuro was a friendly companion. The Fence wondered if it would be a good idea to gift him the item.
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Kalesserimamoru on July 1st, 2013, 2:41 am

"Thisss iss a good thing. Ssomthing that we both need and want. Assss it isss, it will only collect mold and rot into ssomething not completely different looking than the wallss around usss."

"You can trussst me..."

Finally, Mamuro slithered around behind the table and rested a hand on the shoulder of the Dhani. He was determined to make this work and put his abilities to use fully. If it were possible to sway the Fence into giving him what he wanted, Mamuro wondered what else could he achieve with the right kind of persuasion.

"I am your friend..."

"You know...don't you? Mosst don't even think to come here. They think you have nothing to offer, or that everything hear isss jusst uselesss junk. Thiss iss more for you than I. Can you imagine what will happen, how much longer you can keep thiss up before no one comess at all?"

"You can trussst me..."

The gnosis mark on Mamuro's neck began to glow as he painted an illusion over the table and further out into the shop that caused everything to appear as if it were slowly rotting and withering away. It was a very slow process, but the more that they stared at an object, the faster it would seem to melt.

"I am your friend..."

The trickster continued to work his magic and he would do so until the Fence jumped. Mamuro then released the illusion and the shop returned to normal. The Fence wiped his eyes as he looked around confused and more worried now that Mamuro had been in his ear. The Dhani placed a second hand on the Fence's shoulder and patted him lightly. "Let'ss sstop all thiss, from one friend to another..what sssay you?"

OOCI didn't want to overplay his skills here, so I thought it best to let an ST decide if he was successful.
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Limey on July 2nd, 2013, 3:56 am

Rotting... decrepit... diseased... worthless... and then restored within a blink of an eye.

The Fence inhaled sharply as if coming up for air, only to find his beloved merchandise was all... proper. Wasn't it? And why were there hands on his shoulders?

A voice slithered into his ear, which I'm sure you'll understand would be highly unusual for a Dhani. Used to being in control, manipulative, commanding a sale and nudging a customer this way and that, the male found himself adrift on his uncertainty, his fear... and the male looking into his eyes was his one solace in the sea.

"Y... Yessss. I think... I think I sssshould pass this on..."

Eyes watched with glittering amusement as the armored vest was passed from one trembling pair of hands to another much firmer. The watcher hadn't expected to be lucky enough to see such a show when its wanderings had taken it down to this hidden corner of Zinrah. A few baubles to gape at, perhaps, some scheming distant relatives to study... but this...?

"Ssssssuch... potential..."

Eyes never left the "hypnotizing" male as he slithered his way from shadow to shadow, his well-earned prize clutched to his chest. They twinkled and danced as plans and plots rose and fell like empires within those red slits, such possibilities spreading out like a black web.

"Sssssso new to thissssss art... and ssssssso bold..."

The watcher let the youngling escape with his prize. Of course with a word much trouble could befall the bright-eyed male... but... what would be the sense in wasting such a valuable asset?

"Enjoy it, male... ssssssee you later..."

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Hypnotism 2 Lore: The Fence
Rhetoric 1 Guaranteeing A Bargain
Persuasion 2 Nudge After Nudge...

+1 Bone Mail Armor Chest Piece

Additional Notes :
I thought that given the effort you put into this thread, building it up gradually and keeping very close to the Lore for Hypnotism, even giving yourself the hurdle of an interruption. So, you get the mail armor... but, given you left it up to me to decide, I thought I'd throw you a little curve ball.

We'll see where it goes. But such bright talent shines much in dark places. Couldn't hide it forever, mate.

Great job. ;)

Any questions or queries, please PM me.
Limey
[Insert G&R Lyrics Here]

Words: 91990
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Race: Human
Office