PM to join [Mirahil Pass] First Hunt (Kujyaku)

Arturo seeks to familiarize himself in Zeltiva with a hunt.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Mirahil Pass] First Hunt (Kujyaku)

Postby Arturo Wolfgang on July 13th, 2013, 4:37 pm

When she agreed to spend the night at his house, he nodded with a smile. With it already late, Arturo closed the book in his hands and simply lays it on the table where he had found it among a pile of others. As they walked out the door, he offered an idle comment, regarding her desire to sleep in something else. "I have an extra shirt you could wear. It might be a bit big, but for its purpose it should be fine."

He glanced her way for a moment, his eyes roaming down, then back up. She was small, his shirt would probably drape down to her knees at best. It was not long before they had reached his home, one of the nearest to the university. They had only passed a few others, which he had been hoping for himself... The door was unlocked and opened with an old creaking. "It's not much, but I rarely spend more than the night here."

The small cottage was almost bare. Nothing of his personal taste touched the room. The bed was made nice and neat and the fire was already going, though by now it had died down to embers. "The shirt is in the chest over there at the end of the bed." He pointed out before making his way to the hearth. At first he drew an arrow to lightly nudge some of the embers to allow heat to escape. Then, he placed a few of the nearby split logs onto the rack. It seems if she decided to change, he would remain at the fire, poking and prodding with the tip of an arrow, stoppign only long enough to make sure the shaft and head did not burn.
"I would prefer to fail with honor than win by cheating."
Arturo Wolfgang
Player

Words: 13281
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 5:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kujyaku on July 14th, 2013, 12:12 am

As they got into the cottage, it was almost bare, but Kujyaku liked it. Art told her were the shirts were, and she quickly went over a picked one up. She glanced over at Art, she did not want an audience as she stripped out of her dress. With an even motion, Kujyaku quickly took her dress off and set it on the bed, she then put the shirt on, and buttoned it, leaving only a couple buttons open for comfort. The shirt was a bit shorter then she thought as the height difference, as it only went up to her mid-thigh. 

“Thank you again for the shirt and place to stay. I don’t think I would of got home for another hour or so.” She walked over to the fire, and sat down criss-cross next to him. Pushing the two lengths of her hair behind her ear, she took a deep breathe in. “Its very relaxing here, I don’t say that often if I am staying with a man.” After she said that, she instantly discovered that she said it out loud. There went my bluntness again...

“You mentioned something about Longbow skills. How did you come across that? I have been wanting to learn how to use the Shortbow for awhile now.” Kujyaku stared at the fire, the flickering of the lights made everything seem eerie. The smell of dust was faintly distance, but Kujyaku liked it. Image
Last edited by Kujyaku on July 27th, 2013, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am retiring this account. I apologize.
Kujyaku
I have retired her~

Words: 25812
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2013, 6:50 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Arturo Wolfgang on July 14th, 2013, 5:59 pm

'If I'm staying with a man' that brought a smile to his lips. "I'm not going to try anything miss, you may be pretty, but not enough to turn a simple man like myself into a rapist." That was meant to be nice, but... perhaps it didn't sound as reassurring as he hoped. "Forget I said that, it sounded better in my head..." Arturo glanced her way with a that casual smile of his.

He took a moment to remove a few bits of his armor, first the bow which had been around his chest, then the quiver and helmet. Strangely enough his mess of hair did not seem tamed by the use of the helmet for so long, and his beard looked as if he had not shaved - ever. Then she spoke of using a bow, now there was something he could comment on without his simpleton words twisting them.

"A longbow has more power, but a shortbow is easier to pull, lighter, and less obstructive when moving around. There are a few things necessary to archery in general, especially bows." He held up his right hand, showing her the glove with only the middle and index finger covered. "An archery glove, for example. It keeps the string from cutting into your fingers." Starting off at the basics. He did not have a shortbow for her to work with, so at least he could offer some verbal advice.

"Second would be to know what you hunt. I have normal arrows, because they are cheapest, but there are a number of different designs, each with their own uses. Broad headed arrows offer a heavier impact, small heads allow the archer to catch small game without mangling it too much.Then there are Whistling and Flaming arrows, two types you and I may never have to use..." He ran through it pretty fast, she seemed smart enough to comprehend everything well enough.

He paused here to remove his chest piece and vambraces. After the two were sat into a pile away from the fire, he flopped onto his rear to begin the removal of his grieves. "For your stature, a shortbow would suit you best, you don't seem to have the physical strength to use a Longbow to its fullest potential... Still," After adding the last of his armor to the pile he had left himself in the sleeveless black shirt and simple black trousers. Dusting his hands off of the dried dirt, he plucks his bow from his left and the tosses it to the ground beside her. The glove he wore finally came off and it too was thrown to her. "You can get a feel for holding a bow and string much the same way. I'd imagine if you could pull a Longbow, you could pull two Shorbows simultaneously. Not that such a thing would ever be necessary."

Had he always been this talkative? Perhaps it was the interesting topic. It felt as if he had spoken more in the past five chimes than he had his entire time in Zeltiva. Despite that, he was happy to give a rundown of the basics. He may not have had the teaching skills of the University Professors, but if a simpleton like him could work a bow, so could this woman. "Just don't let go, the string could snap your inner arm if you aren't careful."
"I would prefer to fail with honor than win by cheating."
Arturo Wolfgang
Player

Words: 13281
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 5:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kujyaku on July 27th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Kujyaku chuckled at the comment, she knew he meant well, then continued looking into the fire. It was all silent, the moon was getting higher in the sky, as Kujyaku could see it out of her window. The soft breeze poured in, and her thoughts her suddenly broken as Arturo took his bow off, the flung the rest of his stuff gracefully at Kujyaku.

Looking down, Kujyaku had no idea what to do. Even though Arturo explained throughly to her, and proved her muscle strength was lacking, her brain was still brain-dead. Throwing a concerned look at Arturo, noticing how muscular he acually was without all his armor on, Kujyaku needed to work out more. Kujyaku nervously smiled as picking up the bow. Of course she was mediocre at hunting, but she was learning the short-bow.

She faintly smiled, she presumed the man didn’t talk to much, and here he was talking a mile a minute. She was glad that he warmed up to her, it was a comforting thought. She quickly blinked out of her daze and continued on her mini-quest inside of a cottage.

The long bow felt heavy and too long in her hands. Was it because she was short? She quickly put on the arm guard, hoping she put it on the right way. She presumed she did, because it felt like a hug to her arm. Taking a deep breathe in she stood up.

She latched the bow to her side, locking her left arm into place. She drew a imaginary bow, and took a deep breathe again. Closing her eyes for a moment, she imaged being in a forest, the lush green color was surrounding any other color that may of been in the forest, and she heard a rustle. Looking for the sound, she saw a deer walk out, right in front of her.

Opening her eyes, she grasped her fingers around the delicate thread of the longbow. Widening her stance, she drew the thread back, she tripped forward from the weight of the thread, then quickly regained her stance. Pulling it back again, Kujyaku pulled it back almost all the way it could be pulled. Her arms burned and she let go, hoping desperately that the imaginary deer was shot. She smiled at Arturo and gently set everything beside him, and yawned widely.

“Arturo, I am getting tired, sorry to be a bother, but we should go to sleep now.” Kujyaku’s eyes dropped and started to get heavy.

Last edited by Kujyaku on August 17th, 2013, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kujyaku
I have retired her~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kujyaku on August 13th, 2013, 12:46 am

Kujyaku went over to the bed Arturo had kindly made for her. She smiled, while woozily saying, "Thank you for the place to stay, I would have never been able to get back home in one piece." Flashing a smile, she slipped under the covers as the lights slowly dimmed. She quickly shut her eyes, listening to all her surroundings, as she fell asleep.

She woke up before Arturo did, and quickly went out the door. She had a feeling that they would meet again in the future, as she always found the people she was looking for. She smiled and quickly went out the door. The air was fresh, grabbing her dress, she quickly changed in the door, hoping that no one was out, placed the shirt back and smiled. She was shorter and her horns were gone, but she knew they would be back soon.

She walked back to her house, ecstatic about what Leth had brought her last night.
Kujyaku
I have retired her~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Abstract on September 18th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Hey guys! Sadly, I'm unable to grade this, until you fix some stuff! Both of you need to update your ledgers for Fall, as until then... I can't give you your grades! When you do fix this up, just PM me and I'll edit this post....

Thanks!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous