Hello!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello!

Postby Liarra Frostfawn on July 18th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Hi there, I'm Liarra and I'm brand new to Mizahar. I am however, not new to the vast cosmos that is RP. While most of my "resume" has been in established works such as Harry Potter, World of Warcraft, Tolkien, etc, I have ventured into original concepts from time to time though none were as intricate, detailed, and lovingly crafted as Mizahar is.

Mizahar is my first foray into a world that I do not know almost by heart, and this excites me. I'm a lover of all things fantasy, and as much as I love Tolkien, it is refreshing to see a thriving community based on an original idea.

I love character growth, character interactions, and well formed plots no matter how small. I'll admit to being a sucker for romance, but that is not my sole purpose for being here. I want to watch my character(s) grow, and romance is not a prerequisite for growth.

As I am brand spanking new, any and all help you might wish to offer is wanted and appreciated! Also, while I'm learning the ropes around here I might stumble a little, so please be gentle! The points, time stamping, and income all have me a little nervous as to whether I can keep up and stay in bounds, but if I didn't want that challenge I wouldn't be here.

I do have one question, and while here may not be the best place for it, I'm unsure where would be the right place. Where are you all getting your character profile photos? A long time ago I used to be able to find models for my characters with ease, but these days I seem to have lost my touch.

Thank you, and I look forward to interacting with you all!

Sig and avatar courtesy of Thayer
Liarra Frostfawn
Player

Words: 39832
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2013, 6:25 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Hello!

Postby Athinar on July 18th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Me too! I hope you have a byoootiful time! I'm new as well, and my RPs consisted mainly of those on roleplayerguild. I'm glad to find something different.
This epic boxcode was made by the extremely talented Wanda Endust!
Athinar
Player

Words: 9630
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2013, 11:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Noblesse on July 19th, 2013, 9:59 am

Hullo Liarra!

Welcome to Mizahar! I've already offered my help to you in a PM, but I want to comment in your introduction, too. Roleplaying in a new and very original environment can be overwhelming and intimidating, but the best tip I can offer you is just read, write, and read some more. You don't have to rush knowing the lores all at once. Everything will just come to you naturally after some time interacting around the site.

As for the character photos, I recommend browsing through "face claim" blogs and websites. A quick search of the term on google will yield some sites for you. :)

Looking forward to seeing you in Avanthal!
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office