Closed A Market Mishap (Dastino)

Ceira has a run in with Dastino in the Markets.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Market Mishap (Dastino)

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 24th, 2013, 3:48 pm

33rd Day of Summer, 513 AV

The heatwave that had rolled in a couple of days ago was finally starting to show signs of easing up, with the help of the cool ocean wind of course. Even so, the sun was a fiery heathen who mercilessly shone down on everyone bellow.

Ceira was walking through the markets. She was wearing a white shirt and tan pants, but also had the uncomfortable need to wear her sandals, partly due to the dirt and muck on the ground. It wasn't peak time yet, so only a few people were walking around, viewing and poking at the wares the shop owners had proudly on display. She spied a small street urchin in front, caked in who knows what, scampering around various people. Ceira placed a hand on her purse - just for good measure. I guess you can never be too careful. No matter where you are.

Ceira continued winding through the streets before she reached her destination a few chimes later - The General Store. A bell sounded as she walked in, immediately alerting the owner to her presence. "Be with you in a sec!" She heard a distinctly male voice sound at the back of the store. Ceira ignored it mostly, instead, choosing to look at the wares that had been neatly stocked up on the rows of shelves. Unlit lanterns hung from the wooden beams on the ceiling, which, if lit, would shine on the glass display cabinets below. As Ceira browsed the items on display, some Snare Traps on the wall caught her eye and she shuffled towards them in interest. Hm. 5 GM each? She usually would hunt for her own food, it was cheaper that way, but there were always those days where she would be tired and wouldn't have the energy to hunt.

Grabbing 3, Ceira made her way to the counter, picking up a Lantern on the way as the floorboards creaked underneath. "Ah, so I guess that'll be all for today Miss...?" She looked up, meeting the eyes of the Owner whilst placing the items in front of her. He was a portly man in both stature and in the face, grey had already started to take over his hair and the glasses he wore contributed to his ageing appearance.

"Everwood. And yes, just this thanks." The owner nodded in acknowledgement, grabbing the Traps and bundling them together. "Then thats 27 Gold Mizas, Miss Everwood." He stated, and Ceira quickly opened her purse and handed over the sum. She scooped the bundle of Traps and curled her hand around the Lantern handle, "Thankyou Sir."

Without another glance, she made her way outside of the store, the chime once more jingling in response.
Last edited by Ceira Everwood on July 25th, 2013, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Due to some major events, in the next couple of weeks I will be very busy and any posts that I am able to do at this time will be very slow. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, i'll try to get back to full speed again soon! :)
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Words: 84850
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2013, 9:08 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dastino on July 24th, 2013, 4:01 pm

Dastino had a weeks worth of fruit in his bag, and food for his owl. He had bought these of a lonely-looking peddlar towards a tea shop. He used Reimancy to create a small gush of air so the stifling heat wouldn't melt the various groceries, or make him pass out. He noticed a woman clutching her purse tightly, wearing sandals. "Why sandals?" Dastino thought to himself. He paid no mind, and proceeded to walk down the street, making a 3 Gold Miza purchase for 4 feet of paper. He suddenly remembered, "I need to buy a arrows!" He turned around and ran to the General Store. He got to the front of the door when a red-haired woman ran into him, causing a scurry in various snares, peaches, live mice, and herbs.
The Charismatic Mage
Dastino
Mage

Words: 4004
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 8:44 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 25th, 2013, 12:52 am

Looking down at her feet when she left the General Store, Ceira didn’t see the person that she smashed into.

Thump!

Ceira went sprawling backwards, her arms windmilling as she tried and failed to gain balance. She landed on the side of the cobbled street ungratefully, slightly dizzy and very, very irritated. There was numerous items spread around her; peaches, herbs, her snares and.. Was that live mice? She shook her head in disbelief, does this guy just carry live mice wherever he went?

Out of the corner of her eye, Ceira was able to see bystanders stifling a laugh, there were a few fingers pointed and some of the other vendors were suppressing a smile. She felt the heat start to rush to her cheeks, but she just hung her head and started to pick up the sprawled items. A brown mouse scurried past, and, without thinking, her hand shot out, grabbing it by the tail. She paused, looking at it then, mice were one of the foods she was partial to. Along with voles and other small rodents, that is. The bones were a bit fiddly, being a very tiny animal but the meat was alright she supposed. You just have to get rid of the fur, otherwise it’ll get stuck in your teeth.

Stopping herself from doing anything regrettable in public, Ceira flung the mouse away from her, towards the boots of the person she smashed into, losing sight of it after. Through the strands of her auburn hair, Ceira noticed that the boots belonged to a dark-haired boy, at an age she guessed to be maybe in the late teens to early twenties. She gritted her teeth, a scowl on her face as she barked out an angry retort aimed at the boy. “Well, watch where you’re going next time!” She picked up the last of her traps, leaving most of his items on the floor for him to pick up. I’m not going to do it for him. He can pull his own weight. Serves him right...

“I mean, we don’t all have eyes on the back of your head! But you still have a pair in front of you!” Ceira mimicked this, using the hand that didn’t hold the snares to emphasise her point, her fingers flicking. Now, where’s my Lantern? I better not have lost it - I paid good money for it! She scrambled around, then noticed the handle sticking out from behind a nearby barrel. Reaching out to pick it up, Ceira checked for any damage. Besides a small scratch on the bottom, it was fine. Phew. She glanced up once more at the boy, sending a glare. He’s just lucky nothing else happened to it, otherwise he’d be paying for a new one! "Darn people..."
Last edited by Ceira Everwood on July 25th, 2013, 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Due to some major events, in the next couple of weeks I will be very busy and any posts that I am able to do at this time will be very slow. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, i'll try to get back to full speed again soon! :)
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dastino on July 25th, 2013, 1:54 am

A snare got enclosed around his arm, and he struggled to free it. He did and threw it next to them. He saw her pick up a mouse, then sat it back down. "Hey, lady!" he called impatiently. "I'm really sorry, that was my fault..." He saw the snares and the way she looked longingly at the mice, and put 2 and 2 together. She must be a Kelvic. Dastino always had a weird liking of Kelvics, and, almost instinctively, introduced himself. "Umm... I'm Dastino. I'm sorry about your snares," he said whilst picking up grapes, pepper, and some mice."You are?" he asked, trying to ease her down,she looking irritated and enraged.
The Charismatic Mage
Dastino
Mage

Words: 4004
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 8:44 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 25th, 2013, 3:20 am

“Hey lady!” Ceira heard him call, “I’m really sorry, that was my fault...”

“Hmph.” Ceira continued to glare at the man, only giving a nod of acknowledgement to show that she had heard him. Yeah. He better be sorry. Wasting my time... She pulled herself up off the ground, picking at flicks of dirt and scraping off dust as she did so. She made sure she had everything, her snares were now secure in the bundle once more and the lantern was now gripped tightly in her right hand: Just in case.

Most of the bystanders had moved on from the spectacle, having sated their curiosity. Although some still shot backwards glances at the pair. “Umm... I’m Dastino. I’m sorry about your snares.” Well, good for you. Ceira ignored him mostly, she had wasted enough time here already. It was starting to reach peak time in the markets, where the foot traffic would soon be heavy and bustling. It is this time of the day where the pickpockets would be at work, lost in the crowds as they darted about their business, where the rich man may be a few coins short by the end of the day and be none the wiser.

“You are?”

“None of your business.” Ceira growled, starting to get annoyed, I just have to get out of here quickly... Very quickly. With the number of people in the market increasing, so too were her nerves. Having a fear of large crowds or mobs, she tried to avoid all situations that could lead her to being stuck in the center of a throng. One part of her felt a bit ashamed at her rudeness towards the man, but she had more important things on her mind. Like getting out of here.

“Well, this chat has been absolutely charming, but I have to go.” Ceira didn’t really pay attention to the boy, but directed the sarcastic comment to him anyway. Without another glance, she gave a small mocking wave, and started to walk away.
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Abstract on October 10th, 2013, 3:18 pm

Ciera :
Skills

+ Observation - 2

Lores

+ Dastino: The annoying guy with Mice

Other

Subtract 27 gold mizas for the items from your ledger! Also add 3 snare traps and a lantern to your possessions.

Notes :
Dastino, if you ever return, fix your CS, and update your ledger, I'll happily add your grade! Otherwise, not much to give here :)

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this grade, please PM me and we can work it out!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)