[Verified by Jupiter] Pjeil

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Pjeil

Postby Pjeil on August 11th, 2013, 4:02 am

PJeil Vueldmak (CobaltAnvil) Vizerian

Appearance

Race:Isur
Birthday: Winter, 57, 492
Birthplace: Sultros
Clan: Vizerian
Height: 4'7
Weight: 170 lbs

Appearance:
Since Pjeil grew up in a city completely underground it makes sense that his skin would be as starkly pale white as it is. With a bluish tinge and silvery veins he seems closer to a marble statue then an Isurian child. Unfortunately, no matter how much time he spends in the sun, he does not becomes any darker. Diminutive and muscled like any child of his race, he would appear indeterminably between childhood and adolescence. Having physically matured early, few isur would guess that he is only 20 while most humans would be surprised that he is in fact no more mature than a human child of ten. Generally, most guesses fall around 14-15 from humans and 25-28 from Isur.

Like any Isurian he was brought up to equate religious devotion to perfecting the body and playtime with heavy exercise and weight lifting. As such his body is well proportioned and strong, if still betraying the gangly-ness of a growing body. A shock of short, dark red hair and hard emeralds eyes fit well for an aquiline nose and thin lips that usually quirks upwards in a smirk or a smile. Though outsiders rarely receive any facial expression besides bland interest. His left arm is an indigo blue and bears his gnosis mark at the shoulder.

Character Concept
Pjeil has always been more energetic than most, both in body in mind. His mind is constantly running, jumping from one topic to the next with only the utmost tenuous links between them. This combined with an intense curiosity has lead him into troubles with authority and the testing of many's patience. But his enthusiasm is infectious and his thirst for knowledge only dampened only hindered by the limits of his body and his immature mind. Likewise, he is often agitated and restless, needing more than the usual amount of bodily devotion to his god to be able to focus completely on the tasks at hand. He however keeps his restless nature more or less under control through the strict physical and religious upbringing he has so far enjoyed.

Though raised in the traditional dogmatic ways of the priestly clan PJeil has developed some rather unorthodox, but no less fervent views of Izuridin. Given that his family often debates over meals and when resting, their mild tolerance for his childish ways has unintentionally encouraged his particular views of patience, strength and industry. "For does not patience and enduring stem from compassion? Does not compassion imply mercy? And yet many court decisions are merciless and exacting." Might be things he would exclaim and question. This unorthodoxy has led him to be uncharacteristically forgiving for an Izur and warmer than most towards outsiders, though not by much. It also has led his curious mind into some places that are better left alone, and may yet invoke the wrath of those seeking to hoard their secrets.

In general he is fairly optimistic and carefree, prone to naiveté and poor judgement. He enjoys conversation and is susceptible to rambling. He respects authority outwardly, but internally resents it and dislikes being bent to another's will.

Character History

Pjeil's life started with the union of an ambitious young vizerian and a clever and noble young Sultros. This young Vizerian, Acolyte of the Holy Forge and at the time attendant to the Council of Advocates, had maneuvered and impressed his way into a political union that was advantageous for both families, since his wife was the fourth child of her family, and he the second, she enjoined her self to his family; not to mention the many feats of craft and piety exchanged to sweeten this deal. That was not to say they did not fall in love; although wrought from duty and honor, Jerion fell for his beautiful bride and Terril for him. As luck would have it their, spirits were good matches and love blossomed into twins, Carnos and Jerier. A sign that god favored their union, the two identical boys would be joint heirs to their clan should their cousin die or abdicate and thus were promised to the Temple of Izurdin.

Not long after the birth of Carnos and Jerier did Jerion's younger brother, Maxas, return from a trip to the outlying logging operations above ground. He had suffered the greatest of all wounds short of death at the hands of the Zith: His left arm was cleaved off. No one knew how a zith could manage such a feat, and all pitied the poor Isur. Maxas himself had no recollection of the traumatic event. With his link to their god severed he kept himself in hermitage at their familial home in sultros, too grieved and irritable for a normal lifestyle. By the time Pjeil's sister was born, Maxas anger and depression had become blunted.

Izurdin blessed Jerion and Terril's love once more. On the evening of Jerion learned of his wife's pregnancy, Jerion went to the forge and prayed. He took metal and used the forge and Izurdin's hand to guide him in the crafting of what he hoped to become a sign. His arm took on a life of its own and he worked for three days and three nights. Exhausted, he beheld his own reflection in the gleaming surfaces of a warhammer. He took his holy gift home and told his wife what happened. When the young Milian was born, her arm unusually deep red contrasting her brother's arms, she was immediately promised to the Izurdin's Hammer and was brought up accordingly. Although the promise was made by her family, being a hammer is ultimately up to the individual. So when Milian was old enough to try, she decided that the best way to honor her family and herself was to put everything she had into the test. She quickly rose to the rank of Iron Hammer thanks to her leadership abilities, thus pledging her skills to the good of all her kind.

Many years after the birth of his sister did Jerion's love blossom into the child who would become Pjeil, which cleverly means decided one or undecided one depending on how it is used in a sentence. Unlike his three older siblings, there were no signs or blessings from their god, although joyous as a birth is, there was no added event to mark the occasion. Perhaps it was the auspiciousness of his sibling's births that his was found lacking, but no promises or vows were made in his name.

As a busy architect to the ever expanding mines honeycombing the space around Sultros, Terril was often busy with her work. Likewise, Jerion, as a favored attendant, was often busy with judicial duties. Thus Pjeil was given into the hands of his Uncle Maxas. Maxas was given something to keep his mind off his grief and Pjeil was able to learn from what was a once well travelled missionary priest+. It was with his uncle that Pjeil went through the ritualistic learning of the forge.

Years passed and Pjeil grew in the ponderously slow way Isurian children do. He made friends with a local Cogilias boy who would often run and work out with him. Their friendship led to friendly competitions and the mischief of youth.

His siblings excelled in their fields, the twins gaining a more central in the Holy Forge and his sister reaching the rank of iron hammer. All through these events Pjeil remained relatively unremarkable, seemingly destined for the church or the courts or both, as his father's case. It was only recently when his Uncle Maxas discovered Pjeil's natural talent in Auristics, or the True sight as Maxas called it, that Maxas began suspecting another route for him to take.

Language

Fluent Language: Izur
Basic Language: Common
Poor Language: Nadar Canoch

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Auristics +5 SP +3 8 Novice
Weaponsmithing +5 SP 5 Novice
Carving +5 SP 5 Novice
Sculpting +5 SP 5 Novice
Drawing +5 SP 5 Novice
Metalsmthing +5 SP 5 Novice
Running +10 SP 10 Novice
Bodybuilding +10 SP 10 Novice
Blacksmithing +10 RB 10 Novice
Meditation +3 +2 5 Novice
Observation +2 2 Novice
Running +2 2 Novice

Lores
Religion: Izurdin
The different kinds of stones of the Kalea region.

Lore gained from threads sorted chronologically

1. Running: Second Wind
  2. Family Tree
  3. Alvadas: City of Illusions
  4. Hazards of Overgiving
  5. Meditation Methods

Gnosis
Izentor - Approved!

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Toiletries that include:
  • Comb (Steel)
  • Brush (Steel)
  • Soap
  • Razor
  • Izentored steel file (for filing his near indestructible nails)
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel

Heirloom: An illuminated, but unleafed or gilded, manuscript of the myths and lore of Izurdin.

Housing

Location: The underground city of Sultros, at the Vueldmak residence, Block 12, House 7,

House:
PJeil's living quarters are quite humble, being the 4th child of the brother of the Patriarch. His is roughly a 20 by 20 square foot room with a comfortable bed set in one corner with a chest at the foot and a small table in the center.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Izentored* Steel file -2GM (2 SMx 10) 98 GM
Body Building Equipment -35 GM 65 Gm

*This item was crafted with the Gnosis Izentor and thus increases the price by ten times
A note about Fall 513 living expenses, Gillar and I will be handling it when he gets back according to this thread

Thread List

Link your current & past threads here!
Graded or Title Type Timestamp XP Awarded Lores Summary
True Sight Flashback, Solo Summer, Day 38, 501 AV
  • Auristics +3
  • Meditation +3
  • Persuasion +1
  • Family Tree
  • Alvadas: City of Illusions
  • Hazards of Overgiving
  • Meditation Methods
Story time leads to a lesson in auristics. Pjeil fails, but learns how to meditate and gets close
To race against one's self Solo, TrainingFall, Day 10, 513 AV
  • Running +2
  • Meditation +2
  • Observation +2
  • Running: Second Wind
A short running thread through statue and moss gardens to the plaza.

+Note, as a missionary priest he was given an entourage and traveled with caravans. Thus not needing wilderness survival.
Last edited by Pjeil on April 1st, 2015, 9:49 pm, edited 45 times in total.
Note: The avatar is what he is projected to look like when Pjeil grows up! He is not an adult, he is a child of about 11-15 in terms of body structure. Isur physically develop rapidly. He has the mentality of a 11 year old.
Pjeil
Patientia Infinitus

Words: 35180
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2013, 1:18 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Pjeil

Postby Pjeil on August 27th, 2013, 7:24 am

Goals and Character Development

Tentative Goals:
  • Make a friend! (NPC or PC)
  • Become an Apprentice
  • Learn a bunch of things
  • Metalworking
  • Woodworking?
  • Wilderness things?
  • Have some bad things happen to this PC or his family!
  • Get noticed or submit self to the silver tower for The test
  • Learn Reimancy, Voiding, Alchemy, Glyphing... ALL the Magics
  • Make stupid mistakes and reap the consequences, no pain no gain?
  • Get betrayed!
  • More to come!

Things to do:
  • Winter: Visit grandfather's grave with uncle. Learn about about the spiritism skill.
  • Flash first time Auristics (In progress)
  • Flash first time learning the basics of the forge
  • Flash learning a little bit of Ancient tongue/Common
  • Flash and provide a reasonable explanation for the broad skills in the SP
  • Flash a visit to mom's work place. Learn some geology and mining!
  • Flash a visit to dad's work place. Learn how the judicial system in Sultros works
  • Flash playing in the holy forge as child, be a menance, get reprimanded and put to work doing constructive things
  • Flash spending time with his sister, bugging her while she is busy doing hammer buisness.
  • more to come!

Secret :
Reimancery to do (eventually):
  • Produce rei
  • Learn control over rei states: solid, liquid, gas, (plasma), (bose-einstien condensate)
  • Rei fight? Practice, eggshell inspired rei, with gooey contents. Geode crystal rei. All before making any element. Inspired of snowball fight or food fight.
  • Earth style Rei, Learn all the stones and geology.

Time line

Date/TimeStamp Thread/event
Winter, 57, 492 Born
--- ---
Spring, 1, 500 Pjeil learns the forge (forthcoming)
Summer, Day 38, 501 AV Pjeil learns about Auristics here
--- ---
Fall, Day 10, 513 AV Pjeil goes for a run here

Character Questions

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Pjeil CobaltAnvil
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
I am often tormented by the name Anvil. While not necessarily a bad name, it was often used as an innuendo... Since my name sounds like a girl's name.
3. How old are you?
20 and 3 quarters!
4. What is your height?
4'5"
5. What is your weight?
150 lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
I am a devout follower of Izurdin so I'm pretty hard working and interested in honoring my family. When I have free time I like playing with my friends and playing pranks.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
My family views me as a pawn for political alliances and not much good otherwise. Uncle Max doesn't though, he is really nice to me and teaches me all sorts of neat things. Even if he still misses his arm. I wish I could help him.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
Strong shoulders!
4. How physically fit are you?
Very!
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Clothing isn't exactly useful to the Children of Izurdin, so like everyone else, as little as possible. It's not like we need to be modest, we are perfection incarnate after all. But, we don't run around naked, that would arouse unfaithful desires and might tarnish the honor of one's marriage mate.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My parents are distant and aloof. They don't often even bother to acknowledge I exist. They only seem to care about my brothers
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
My two brothers, Carnos and Jerier are actually pretty nice...when they aren't being annoying. They like to do that annoying thing where they pretend they are another. Alright! We get it, you two are twins. Gah. Jerier has a better sense of humor then Carnos and is more laid back. Carnos is kind of scary though, he is what they call a fanatical Zealot and will do mean things if you say something against the church or their teachings.

My sister on the other hand takes everything way too serious. Always going on about duty and honor and strength. Beneath that though? She is incredibly sentimental and even gets me trinkets on my birthday. Out of all my immediate family, I like her the most.

3. What is your extended family like?
In sultros I have two uncles and an aunt, but outside of the city and in the other citadels live my numerous cousins and uncles and aunts. We only see them if they come a visit the capital. They are pretty nice most of the time.

The two uncles that live in the family complex with me are Maxas and Valdaras. Maxas is really smart, he was one of those priests that go out to the outlying camps and tradeposts to bolster their faith. He even went out into the world with a caravan to spread the teachings of craft, patience and strength to the other races. It was after the Zith raid that he changed into how he is now, bitter, sad, a bit wistful about the world. Father told me that he needs me about as much as I need him...whatever that means.

Valdaras on the other hand is a lot like Carnos, a fervent zealot. He makes me feel uncomfortable when he gives me those weighing looks; as if he means to sell me or craft something out of me. He is the patriarch of the family and deals with many of the important dealings and disputes between our cousins and aunts.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
Thats hard to say, it is an honor to be apart of my family but you can't choose your family. Most of my family do not seem to care about me one way or another in any case, so I probably value my friends more. Except Max, He really does care about me.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
We don't really have any pets, though I would think I would treat my pets as family.

I was born in Sultros, though we moved out of our home after the family compound was finished
2. Where do you live now?
I live in my very own room/house/apartment thingy with my Uncle. The rest of my family lives on the same block so it isn't such a big deal.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
My brothers scoff at me when I say it, but Zeltiva sounds like an amazing place!
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
There is a glade out along a path between a trading post and a mining camp that Max has taken me and my sister before, it was beautiful and fun to play in!
5. Where do you fear to be?
Anywhere the Zith are; in the wilderness at night.

------------------------------------------------------
Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Last edited by Pjeil on December 13th, 2013, 9:34 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Note: The avatar is what he is projected to look like when Pjeil grows up! He is not an adult, he is a child of about 11-15 in terms of body structure. Isur physically develop rapidly. He has the mentality of a 11 year old.
Pjeil
Patientia Infinitus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Pjeil

Postby Pjeil on September 9th, 2013, 5:22 am

NPCs

Currently a work in progress, but all are approved. :)
Family

Jerion and Terril
Name: Jerion CobaltAnvil Vizerian
DoB: 415 AV (98)
PoB: Vizerian City
Title: Judicial Attendant?
Relation to PC: Father
Skills:
Skill Total Proficiency
Negotiation 26 Competent
Observation 15 Novice
Interrogation 9 Novice

Gnosis: Izentor I
Additional Info:

Name: Terril Hammerfall CobaltAnvil Vizerian
DoB: 425 (88)
PoB: Sultros City
Title: Mine Architect
Relation to PC: Mother
Skills:
Skill Total Proficiency
Mining 10 Novice
Architecture 26 Competent
Blacksmithing 10 Novice
Geology 4 Novice

Additional Info:

The Twins
Name: Carnos CobaltAnvil Vizerian
DoB: 455 (58)
Title: Acolyte
Relation to PC: Brother
Skills:
Skill Total Proficiency
Body building 5 Novice
Blacksmithing 10 Novice
Rhetoric 15 Novice
Philosophy 20 Novice

Additional Info:
Name: Jerier CobaltAnvil Vizerian
DoB: 455 (58)
Title: Acolyte
Relation to PC: Brother
Skills:
Skill Total Proficiency
Body building 3 Novice
Blacksmithing 11 Novice
Rhetoric 10 Novice
Philosophy 26 Competent

Additional Info:

Milian
Name: Milian CobaltAnvil Vizerian
DoB: 471 (42)
Title: Hammer, Iron rank
Relation to PC: Sister
Skills:
Skill Total Proficiency
Wrestling 20 pts Novice
Body Building 10 pts Novice
Brawling 10 pts Novice
Leadership 10 pts Novice

Additional Info:

Maxas
Name: Maxas CobaltAnvil Vizerian
DoB: 434(79)
Title: Unemployed, Hermit
Relation to PC: Uncle
Skills:
Skill Total Proficiency
Philosophy 10 Novice
Blacksmithing 10 Novice
Auristics 26 Competent
Storytelling 4 Novice

Additional Info:Jerion's younger brother, lost his primary arm during a Zith raid. Due to his weakened connection to his god he went into severe bouts of depression and rage. When the PC was born he mellowed out but would forever feel a void from what he lost. Pjeil was given under his care for their mutual benefit. As such he is fairly important to his charge.

Valdaras and Crimi
Name: Valdaras CobaltAnvil Vizerian
DoB: 400 (113)
Title: Priest
Relation to PC: Uncle, Patriarch of the family
Skills:
Skill Total Proficiency
Philosophy 11 Novice
Leadership 13 Novice
Rhetoric 26 Competent

Additional Info:
Name: Crimi Coldforge CobaltAnvil Vizerian
DoB: 392 (121)
Title: Attendant to the Vizerian Ambassador
Relation to PC: Aunt, Matriarch of the family
Skills:
Skill Total Proficiency
Rhetoric 30 Competent
Politics 10 Novice
Persuasion 10 Novice

Additional Info:

Pjeil
Patientia Infinitus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets