Completed Crossing Paths (Ceira)

Tsaba and Ceira have conflicting agendas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Crossing Paths (Ceira)

Postby Tsaba on August 15th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Tsaba nodded her acceptance of Ceira's condition; tracking the identity of her sources wasn't something that concerned her as an important detail. She watched her reset the trap carefully. Knowledge, after all, was knowledge. Ceira's explanation helped it look like less of a confusing mess of wires, but she wasn't certain she'd be able to replicate the feat, at least not without practice. It was a good thing that she didn't eat meat, really.

As for when to conduct the interview... that required some thought. Tsaba ran through her mental calendar. "I'm available tomorrow," she said. "We would need to meet either during daylight or somewhere that I can keep a light source going. My dormitory would work, or the library if you would prefer somewhere more public... but they may not let us bring food there... how about the Kelp Bar? You know, the pub?" Sheltered, public enough that Ceira shouldn't be suspicious of her motives, and they should be able to bring food in. As an added bonus, they sold disgusting alcohol. "Does that work for you?"
Thanks to Abstract for the lovely boxcode!
Tsaba
Player

Words: 200581
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2013, 10:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Crossing Paths (Ceira)

Postby Ceira Everwood on August 16th, 2013, 2:12 am

38th Day of Summer, 513 AV

"I'm available tomorrow. We would need to meet either during daylight or somewhere that I can keep a light source going. My dormitory would work, or the library if you would prefer somewhere more public... but they may not let us bring food there...”

Ceira had been nodding along with Tsaba's musings, she didn't know exactly what the Nuit needed for the interview, but even now she could tell it would be a lengthy process. She briefly wondered if it was too late to back down, but she figured Tsaba wouldn’t take no for an answer. She seemed like the type that knew how to get whatever she wanted and Ceira felt a tiny bit ashamed that she could be somewhat ‘bribed’ with food. But i’m not stupid enough to pass up a free meal... Especially since I lost this one tonight. I guess thats worth a bit of my time.

“How about the Kelp Bar? You, know the pub? Does that work for you?"

Pausing for a moment, Ceira thought to one of the times she had been to the pub, though it didn’t end how she had expected it to. There had been a bar fight, all over a spilt mug of Kelp Beer and through a nasty turn of events, she had ended up having a panic attack when she had found herself in the middle of the excited crowd. Ceira shivered in remembrance, that was a bad night - especially since she was actually very tipsy - and she wasn’t sure if she wanted to go back there. And then there’s that bartender that seemed to hate me... But maybe she was just having a bad day... Maybe that whole thing was just a one-off mishap. Frowning slightly, Ceira let out a murmur of agreement.

“Well, ok - that works. The Kelp Bar then. As long as we don’t stay too long, that is.”

Even so, Ceira still wondered about her decision, she was still slightly suspicious of Tsaba, but she guessed it was a natural reaction. I mean, if someone met a stranger in the middle of the night, I doubt they would trust them very much. Though there was something different about Tsaba - and no, it wasn’t just the smell of rotting flesh or the undertones of preservatives - even so, Ceira realised she was just as curious about Tsaba as the Nuit seemed to be towards her.

Once more, Ceira checked that her snare was set, even though it was lopsided and looked like it could fall over at a slight shift of the wind, but that was the best she could do. She didn't know how to set traps up properly, just that the loop has to go around the animal. She stood, picking out bits of leaves and grass out of her hair before muttering an answer through a yawn. “Say, we should meet... Um... at the noon bell? That should be enough of time for you to get your answers and there’s plenty of light around.” Extending out a hand towards Tsaba - as her mother always told her to be polite, even though she wasn’t as polite as she should be - she gave the other woman a small smile.

“Then I guess I will see you tomorrow.”
Last edited by Ceira Everwood on August 22nd, 2013, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Due to some major events, in the next couple of weeks I will be very busy and any posts that I am able to do at this time will be very slow. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, i'll try to get back to full speed again soon! :)
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Words: 84850
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2013, 9:08 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Crossing Paths (Ceira)

Postby Tsaba on August 16th, 2013, 2:28 am

"Noon, then." Tsaba firmly shook the Kelvic's hand, already mentally planning her day. She had nothing important to do about noon. "I will see you there. Good luck with your traps, miss Ceira, and may nobody else shoot you today." With that, she turned and walked out into the hills.

She should probably get back to town. It seemed there were people out at night, and she might very well run into somebody more aggressive than Ceira. But if she wanted to be able to protect herself, she needed to learn to use her sling. Anything else wasn't preventing danger; it was delaying it.

Still, it was difficult to keep her mind on her task. Her thoughts kept drifting to Ceira, and to the things she had said. Did all Kelvics have such childish natures? Was slavery something a lot of people thought about? How did a city stay up in the middle of a lake?

She couldn't wait to find out.
Thanks to Abstract for the lovely boxcode!
Tsaba
Player

Words: 200581
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2013, 10:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Crossing Paths (Ceira)

Postby Abstract on September 29th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Tsaba

Skills

+ Weapon: Sling - 1
+ Observation - 3
+ Socialization - 1
+ Investigation - 1

Lores

+ Slings are really quite useless
+ Attacked by a sarcastic Kelvic
+ Ciera the some-kind-of-dog Kelvic
+ Ciera's weapon choices
+ Ciera's back story
+ Ravok: City with Slaves
+ Nyka: City with... creepy stuff

Other:

Ciera

Skills

+ Observation - 3
+ Intimidation - 1
+ Rhetoric - 1
+ Storytelling - 1

Lores

+ Attacking a bad-smelling thing
+ Scent overload hurts
+ Tsaba the Nuit smells like rotting stuff
+ Tsaba's use of the sling

Other:

Notes

Not much to give here, but it was pretty funny at the beginning. Enjoy!

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this grade, please PM me and we can work it out!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous