Open Endless wait.

A young Kelvic waits for his owner on the pier of Zeltiva but is mistaken for a thief in the process.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Endless wait.

Postby Ulric Wolf on September 22nd, 2013, 10:54 pm

"10th of Fall, 513AV"

The sun had illuminated Zeltivas mountains hours ago, the pier was noisy as always since the sailors had to wake up right after the sun threw it's first beams of light into the large sea, some where preparing their ship to leave the docks, some others introduced goods into larger ships, such as food, barrels and even weaponry.
Ulric arrived little after the sailors had started their job. He was on his human form and was wearing his only pair of clothing that he tried to wash every now and then eliminating the smell, but with his lack of experience in the area his clothing still looked dirty. The wolf walked around the pier looking for a place to sit down and admire what for him was a never ending sea, he saw a rather big box, it had the shape of a chest more than anything and his sensitive nose perceived a smell of fish on the inside, there were no people around it so he just sat on top of it and started waiting as usual. He wasn't thinking on stealing any food, he could just hunt it himself or wait for someone to give him something to eat or use the small amount of currency he had at the moment in case he didn't find anything. His owner had taught him certain moral things that had became unbreakable for the young wolf.

About half an hour passed and only one ship had arrived, he looked closely at every men and women that disembarked, sadly, his owner had not arrived yet, the wolf stood there for more time with still hope, it had been about two or three months since the old man left Zeltiva and promised coming back.
A few sailors passed trough and looked at Ulric sitting on a different place of the pier as always, waving at him or coming close by to have a small chat with him, he wasn't the talkative type so the conversations didn't last for long.
A young fisherman approached him gifting the young Kelvic his first catch of the day, Ulric couldn't help but to accept it and thank him for his kindness, it wasn't the first time the fisherman had done that, as a matter of fact, he gave him food every time he had the chance or had a good day at fishing.

Ulric started eating the fish being careful with the thorns of the fish, his owner had told him that they could be dangerous if eaten incorrectly. He had eaten half of the crude fish with no trouble at all naturally when two men approached him, Ulric heard them approaching and looked at them giving a drastic turn of his neck with his mouth filled with fish, they seemed to be mad at him for some reason. One of them was way taller than him and his body build was ridiculously muscular probably because of moving around heavy boxes into the ships, the other guy had an average but muscular build as well but was not as tall and didn't look as mad as the big one.

The sailors reproached the confused Kelvic about the fish he was eating, the chest was filled with them and he was eating one, they deduced he had just grabbed it and started eating it without asking anybody or paying, Ulric tried to explain the man that the fish was just a gift, but the way he spoke wasn't really convincing so now the big sailor took him for a thief and a liar, he started yelling at the young Kelvic making him stand up in a split of a second dropping the fish wile the other sailor tried to calm him down. Another ship arrived wile this events were taking place.
Ulric Wolf
Player

Words: 5309
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 12:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Endless wait.

Postby Eralyn on October 1st, 2013, 11:41 pm

Era decided she liked boats. Not that she'd ever been on one, but they were big and beautiful and what wasn't to like? Large sails flowed in the breeze of the docked ships, ropes swaying everywhere. From her vantage point on the docks she could just make out the shapes of tiny people high up there doing sailor things with them, rolling up the sails. She wondered how they didn't fall, or how they even got the courage to go up there in the first place.

Before long the sails were put away and the sailors were disembarking, taking of what cargo they had. The ship by her seemed to be a fishing vessel, at least it smelled like it. Her suspicions were confirmed when not long after the crates of fish and tangles of net were offloaded. A few of the fisherman greeted another young man sitting on the pier, although he seemed to have been camped out on that crate long before she had wandered down. One of those fisherman even went up to the man to give him a fish of his very own.

This seemed to backfire a little bit when a couple of sailors walked up and started screaming about stolen fish. The man seemed confused, and one of the sailors looked really inhappy, like he might even get violent. Era knew the city was on edge from this coup thing going on, but that was no reason to start getting suspicious of everyone.

Without much thought to consequences Era walked over to them, and addressed the sailors ,"We are sorry to have disturbed your fishing day. We won't disturb you anymore." With that she bowed slightly to them, Lora had impressed the need to be polite to people, before grabbing the young man's hand and pulling him quickly away. She pulled him around a corner and quickly ducked behind a series of crates out of site of the men who were still a bit shocked by her sudden appearance.

Hoping that they wouldn't be found here, Era turned to the young man. "Sorry for interrupting your conversation, but they looked really unhappy. And you looked unhappy," Era apologized with a shrug and a shake of her head, as if this explained everything.
Eralyn
Player

Words: 10477
Joined roleplay: September 29th, 2013, 3:20 am
Character sheet

Endless wait.

Postby Ulric Wolf on October 8th, 2013, 12:21 am

The kelvic was really confused about the whole situation, the sailor was approaching aggressively and as pure instinct he was getting prepared to defend himself as his last option. His kind evaded any kind of harassing enemies such as humans, most of the time just growling when as a wolf, he was in his human form so he had a different way of reacting physiologically. When having no option to escape there was only one option, harass the enemy back. If that didn't work he had to attack. Hopefully that wasn’t the case as the sailors got distracted by a peculiar woman that was passing trough.

The pale hair that dropped all the way to her shoulders dragged Ulrics’ attention as well, she seemed weak but determined and way smaller than any of them, specially the big sailor, it was impressive to see such a tiny thing stand up to something like him, it all happened in a split of a second, her talk was slightly odd, but she was polite enough to confuse the sailors as well dragging the wolf from his right hand pulling him away dropping the fish that was almost completely eaten. It was his chance to get away and didn't hesitate to follow her as she didn't seem aggressive in any way.
They both reached some crates were he watched her duck wondering for a second what she was doing as it seemed to be a kind of sign of submission, after a few seconds he did the same to get on her height level instead of hiding, he found her friendly since she dragged him away from some sailors.

"Thank you, I didn't like the conversation." he added after the words of his companion. "People call me Ulric, but you can call me whatever you like." He said leaning forward with interest waiting for her to reply. Luckily the sailors had not found them yet, or were not even looking for them.
Last edited by Ulric Wolf on October 8th, 2013, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulric Wolf
Player

Character sheet

Endless wait.

Postby Marvin Gunddus on October 8th, 2013, 2:36 am

Marv Gunddus recently returned from a job in Sylvia, and had only spent a night back in his hometown of Zeltiva. He decided he was going to take the next couple days off til his 26th birthday, which was a mere 10 days later. He didn't want to be outside of Zeltiva on that date, especially with his employers wanting him to go to Sunberth for the next couple of weeks. Before Marv decided to leave his home, to go to the pier for the day, he got dressed in his usual attire, a stained white shirt, with black pants, covered by a bright orange vest. He strapped on his Tulwar to his belt, hoping that today he wouldn't have to touch it, but he'd rather be overly precautions than under armed.

Marv Gunddus left his cottage and started heading down to the pier, despite the Bonesnapper making its seasonal appearance on the bay. Marv walked through the town waving to the occasional trader or well known traveler companion of his. When Marv finally arrived at the pier he looked over the familiar port and it brought a smile to his face. He was about to search for something to sit down and watch the laborers do their jobs when a scene grabbed his attention.

A young man being confronted by two sailors.

Marv quickly abandoned his search for a bench and made his way down to the pier. When he finally made it down onto the docks he noticed that a young woman had come to the boy's aid. She dragged him behind some crates, and it seemed they were trading pleasantries of some kind. Marv was still interested in the situation and started to approach the two. When he got within a 5 meter range of them he spoke in a concerned, yet light tone.

"
Why hello there. I saw that you two might have a developing situation on your hands, and I came to try and cool the pot before anything bad might happen." Marv took a breath before continuing. He looked around the crates at the two confused sailors. He ducked back in and gave a small hand gesture that should let the two know that they aren't being pursued. "The name is Marvin Gunddus, but you can call me Marv. What happened to have spooked those sailors?"
Marvin "Marv" Gunddus
Marvin Gunddus
Sell Sword

Words: 13667
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2013, 9:17 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Endless wait.

Postby Eralyn on October 8th, 2013, 3:58 pm

The young man didn't seem angry with Era for barging into his conversation, which was good. Moreover, he seemed to understand her explanation of her actions. She surprised herself by finding she had been waiting for him to argue with her motives. People she had met so far hadn't ever taken things at face value, always suspicious with the coup going on. It horrified her a bit that they were rubbing off on her, she had honestly been expecting the worst in response to breaking up the argument.

Giving herself a firm mental glare, she listened to the young man introduce himself as Ulric. He seemed nice enough, and she wondered why those men had been so mean to him. Couldn't they just have talked it out? Friendliness went a long way.

Smiling, she shook the thoughts away before responding, "Nice to meet you." She paused in brief debate on holding her hand out for a handshake. The gesture felt formal and unnatural to her, but she had seen humans do it all the time. Era couldn't decide why the gesture was significant to the humans, but she was trying to fit in, at least a little. Perhaps if she did it with enough people it would make sense.

However just as she went to hold out her hand, a voice chimed in, and she froze, briefly scrambling to put a fix on the voice, caught between fight or flight in surprise. She relaxed moments later when she focused on the new-comer. Another young man walked up to them, introducing himself as he ducked behind the same crates they themselves hid behind. He expressed concern for Ulric's situation, and for the first time it occurred to Era that she might have got him in trouble by running away with him.

Shooting a quick apologetic look towards Ulric, she scooted aside to make more room for the blonde man, aware that he was taller than both of them. Looking between the two of them she said "Hello Marv. I'm Era. Then she shrugged, adding with another glance in Ulric's direction, "I don't really know what happened. Everyone was angry, so I fixed it. We can hide here until the angry people go away, then the problem will be solved." Her last sentence raised like a question. Maybe logic of the forest didn't apply here? She didn't know. She was on shaky footing here. But Marv looked like he knew what he was doing city-wise. Perhaps he could understand it better.
Last edited by Eralyn on October 9th, 2013, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eralyn
Player

Character sheet

Endless wait.

Postby Ulric Wolf on October 8th, 2013, 11:36 pm

The girl seemed to accept his introduction with a smile, that was the moment were he noticed her eyes were too big for her face, but ignoring that fact as the girl offered her hand but no name, he wasn't really surprised, his owner used to shake hands with a lot of other humans, it was some kind of sign of respect or something as far as he knew, so he limited himself to offer his hand back grabbing hers both of them shaking them oddly like if they didn't know what they were doing.

Another human approached, he was a young man with blondish hair, but he didn't understand everything he said, but it was probably about the sailors, maybe he was going to help, maybe he wasn't, he took no action tough because he knew humans didn't act aggressively when there were other humans around, excluding the sailor of course, but this one didn't seem to be mad about anything. He asked what had spooked the sailors, Ulric thought to himself, “spooked.” They were just scared of something he did? after hearing his name and Eras name as well who explained what had happened on her point of view, when she was done speaking Ulric continued. "They think I stole a fish, but the fish was a gift from a human I know." he said not giving useless extra information, that was what had happened, but he didn't know why they thought he had stolen it.
Ulric Wolf
Player

Character sheet

Endless wait.

Postby Marvin Gunddus on October 9th, 2013, 1:20 am

Marv absorbed all of the information that the two were able to tell him. It wasn't much, but it was enough that Marv was able to form the scenario in his head. The younger man was sitting on the dock when a sailor had given him a fish as a gift. Then two sailors had assumed that he stole the fish and were coming to confront the man on his presumed stolen fish. The young woman, Era, seeing what happened stepped in and dragged away the boy before he something happened that wouldn't have been very well off.

Marv stood up and glanced back over down the harbor. The two sailors were looking down at the fish while talking, if not arguing with each other on what to do about their situation. Marv ducked back down and turned around to look up at the mainland to make sure that nothing was transpiring there. The last thing he wanted was for any of the invaders of his homeland to start a ruckus down on the port while he was stuck down here as well.

"
I see," Marv's voice trailing off for a moment as he tried to think of ways to get out of the situation at hand. Marv was still trying to think of a solution when he realized he needed any information about what the boy might have said to the two sailors, so that when he proposed his idea he wouldn't fall into the same hole that his small companion had fallen into. Marv cleared his throat as he begin to speak again, "What did you say to the sailors?" He realized how random it sounded so he clarified, "It's best if you can tell me what you remember, for it might help our situation."

Last edited by Marvin Gunddus on October 9th, 2013, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin "Marv" Gunddus
Marvin Gunddus
Sell Sword

Character sheet

Endless wait.

Postby Eralyn on October 9th, 2013, 3:00 am

Era was a little confused about what was happening right now. One moment she had been watching boats, then there had been fighting and now she was hiding behind a bunch of crates. It all had made sense at the time, but maybe not so much now. Now Ulric was in trouble with the sailors, and Era may or may not have made it worse, she couldn't exactly tell. Ulric seemed no less confused than she did, and Marv was obviously trying to picture an event he hadn't been there for on minimal information. She was pretty sure no one in their little group knew what to do right now.

Era figured that she could give her half of the story to Marv, and then maybe he could put it together. He seemed closer to the answer than she was, and she couldn't quite tell what Ulric was thinking. He had given his description in a terse sentence, and Era was hard pressed to decide whether this was because he didn't have more information or if he just didn't want to share it.

"What I remember," Era murmured absent-mindedly as she thought back. Maybe Marv was more interested in Ulric's story than hers, he had been the one who started it, but then decided to throw her story in anyways. Then in a louder voice, which gained confidence and speed as she talked she added, "I was watching, then they all started arguing. So I told them sorry for interrupting, and then we came over here." She ended on a vague note of triumph. There. Her story did too have useful information in it.
Eralyn
Player

Character sheet

Endless wait.

Postby Ulric Wolf on October 9th, 2013, 4:07 am

Marv seemed to understand better what was going on now, humans were always so smart, even if he looked like them he was naive compared to them, maybe because he was just two years old, his lack of reason made him weaker on an intellectual way sadly. Era had practically said the same thing she had explained before, just with another words then Marv asked Ulric what had he told the sailors specifically, his memory wasn't that great, but he just thought of what he would had said in that situation and the outcome was pretty similar. "Well they approached me and called me a thief, I asked them why and they said because I stole a fish, I told them it wasn't true, that someone gave it to me." Ulric paused for a second trying to remember something. "The boxes were I was sitting smells like fish." He added reasoning a bit on his head that was probably the problem, they thought he had gotten the fish from a box filled with fishes!

I few seconds after Ulric had said his last words the sailors found them ((Even tho they were not that hidden)) The big sailor leaned forward on a in intimidating way supporting himself on the crates they were "hiding" in. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BRATS DOING?! YOU HAVE TO PAY THAT OR I'LL CALL THE GUARDS!" Ulric reacted comically about this jumping backwards falling on his back.
Ulric Wolf
Player

Character sheet

Endless wait.

Postby Marvin Gunddus on October 9th, 2013, 4:11 pm

Marv listened as the young respoke her part of the story. Marv nodded his head respectively at Era as she finished. It didn't help him piece together anything, but at least she was trying to help, and to Marv that's what counted, though in this situation it wasn't what he had wanted. Marv waited for the younger man to speak his piece of the story.

Marv watched the boy as he searched his memories for the correct story. The boy finally spoke up and told Marv the information that he needed. Marv scratched at his jawline and ran his hand down his neck. He looked down at the wood beneath him as he tried to think of some plan. Marv finally came up with an idea. He went to convey his message to the two people in front of him when the two sailors came up from behind him and yelled at the three of them.

When the man threatened to call the town guard upon them it struck one of Marv's few nerves. Little would it make him angry had it not been for the Coup, but since the Coup happened Marv was angered by the town guard. They seemed corrupted, and didn't care for the safety of his town or his friends, but to line their own pockets with other peoples' wealth. The fact that the sailors would dare call upon the town guard, the very same ones that took over the city Zeltiva, pushed Marv over the ledge. He was not going to let some grumpy sailor push these two kids around while Marv was able to do anything about it.

Marv backed out of the cramped space, stood up, and calmly brushed off his clothes. Marv cracked his knuckles on one hand, an annoying habit, but it had its affect at times, though he did not desire to intimidate the two sailors. "
Do you truly wish to bring the guard down here? The guard that has taken over my city? You do realize that they will search and take everything off your boat that they want, right? You do realize that calling them down will cause much more trouble than a simple fish! Not to mention that this man is innocent of the charge you set against him. What proof do you have, besides suspicion?"

Marv could feel his anger building and he accepted its hot embrace. "
This boy has done nothing wrong. It was gifted to him, and just because he decided to eat it on the dock does not warrant you to threaten to have him imprisoned!"
Marvin "Marv" Gunddus
Marvin Gunddus
Sell Sword

Character sheet

Next