Closed [W.M. Library] Poetic Progress [Tsaba, Niall, Yuri]

Getting lost in the stacks with great company

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[W.M. Library] Poetic Progress [Tsaba, Niall, Yuri]

Postby Vernadel on October 11th, 2013, 2:46 am

Vernadel

Vernadel looked down at the proffered hand of Yuri Lehrer and wiped her own hand on her tail until it was semi-dry, but still clammy. Then, she slipped her fingers into his hand and shook it bashfully.

"Don't feel bad," she told him, "you're not the only one who hasn't met someone like me before." She glanced at Niall who was swiping a hand through his hair, a gesture that she was familiar with. The Isur was nervous or uncomfortable and she tried to communicate to him with her eyes. The two of them had shared so much in such a short time that it was nearly possible, but Niall seemed rather distracted and Vern had her own issues at the moment, too. However, she needed to stop moping and get focused.

"Have you found any good books?" she asked Niall, sweeping her eyes to the leather bound manuscripts on the table. She picked one up and opened to a random page, catching some words that had to do with smithing. Perhaps it would be helpful for what they were researching. Then, she touched another book.

"What is this? It looks interesting..." Vernadel flipped the book, titled The Isurian Queen. She stopped at a certain section and read a few sentences, her large black eyes growing larger and her cheeks growing pinker.

"Oh," she said, swallowing hard and dropping the book back down on the table with a thump. She couldn't bring herself to come into eye contact with her friend just then, but the corners of her mouth did begin to drift upward in a smirk. Not wanting to break into laughter in the middle of the library, Vern took a deep breath and lowered herself a little so that she was closer to the blonde girl.

"Tsaba, besides poetry, Niall and I were coming to look at books on starting a business and on jewelry making. Do you happen to have anything like that in here?"

Vernadel
Fluttering, Floating, Fashioning

Words: 39940
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 3:33 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Niall Hammerfist on October 11th, 2013, 5:02 pm

A little smile hinted at Nialls mouth with the slightest of upturns, while he watched Vernadel comfort his old friend Yuri with words of understanding. It was always a relief when your friends met for the first time and their meeting was amiable. So much to feel grateful for in this place. he thought cheerily. Happy that his friends were hitting things off right he turned his attention back to the little librarian patiently waiting to help them. He cocked his head to side slightly as he observed her appearance again. There was something unsettling about it, and the way she stared at him made him feel somewhat uncomfortable. But just as Vernadel was an oddity here, Niall knew he must have been an unusual sight here as well. He simply nodded to the librarian in polite acknowledgement.

Niall’s attention was brought back to the conversation between Vernadel and Yuri, when he felt that odd feeling that he was being observed from somewhere outside his view. His eyes caught the gaze of the Akvatari as she seemed to be trying to communicate something to him. Are Akvatari telepathic as well? Niall asked himself whimsically. He would need to find a book on them in the library. He did not enjoy the concept, but reasoned that if Vernadel had indeed been telepathic she would have told him.

Whether it was her intention or not, her gaze did bring him a measure of comfort. She was such a good soul, kind, yet sometimes sad. He felt a kindred spirit rested somewhere within her, and that made him feel oddly safe.

"Have you found any good books?" Vernadel asked him as she eyed his books. Suddenly the realization that she would find something potentially private in them horrified him. Though, the embarrassment of her reading The Isurian Queen came a distant second to keeping his Journal Private. As casually as he could manage he stood up straight and drew closer to the table, and rested his black hand upon his journal leaving the rest exposed.
Niall was relieved when she picked up the journal on blacksmithing, though it seemed obvious that she was not extremely interested in its contents. The real tingle hit his gut when she lifted up “The Isuruan Queen”. The embarrassment and guilt at being caught reading smutty literature betrayed Niall’s somewhat inexperienced nature, though he almost hoped that it would be interpreted as prudishness.

"What is this? It looks interesting..."

He watched through eyes narrowed against the horror of seeing his friend discover the books contents. Her beautiful ebony eyes held a look Niall had not seen in them yet, which he never knew to be a good thing. Her mouth formed the shape of the letter before she actually spoke and the young Isur grinned painfully when she said it.

“Oh” she said, and dropped it as if it had been a snake she had mistaken for a stick. Niall was confused and embarrassed, she could not look at him, though a little smirk had formed on her lips. At that moment Niall wanted nothing more than to have died somewhere in the mountains in Kalea. If only to avoid this moment, brought on by his own sexual curiosity. Impulsively he pressed the palm of his right hand to his face and rubbed his forehead.

His eyes still closed he exhaled forcefully as he rubbed the bridge of his nose, the last of his breath used in greetings. “Hello Vernadel. Hello Yuri. Glad to see you both here. Please forgive the disturbance I’ve caused in your marvellous library Madam Librarian.” He opened his eyes and bowed to the little girl. “Niall son of Sulos at your Service.”

His greetings given politely he turned his attention to Yuri. He gave the man a mischievous smirk that grew slowly into a smile and reached out to grip the humans forearm in an elbow shake. “It’s good to see you again old friend, I see the road treated you well. It gladdens my heart to see you alive.”

Niall Hammerfist
Wanderer

Words: 91202
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2013, 4:46 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yuri Lehrer on October 15th, 2013, 2:00 am

After offering his hand to Vernadel, Yuri watched as she looked down to his hand before she wiped her hand on her tail before shaking his hand in what Yuri perceived as bashful manner.

After this Vernadel says "Don't feel bad, you're not the only one who hasn't met someone like me before." as she says this Yuri thinks to himself Yeah, I suppose that being one of such a unique race would mean you attract a bit of attention. returning his gaze to Vernadel Yuri noticed that she was looking at Niall as as such let her hand go so she could go to him.

Shortly after letting Vernadel go, Yuri observed the Nuit librarian as discreetly as he could but wouldn't have been surprised if the Nuit knew he was watching, given how observant the Nuit he had dealt with in the past were. Judging by how quickly she guided Vernadel to the Poetry section would mean that she has been in Zeltiva for some time and her seemingly curt manner means that she is likely older that Niall, Vernadel and myself combined and yet she seems to be eyeing Niall with a casual yet serious focus for some reason.

Just as Yuri was about to head over to the Nuit to ask her name, he heard a quick muttering from Niall "Hello Vernadel. Hello Yuri. Glad to see you both here. Please forgive the disturbance I've caused in your marvelous library Madam Librarian." Before bowing to the librarian and greeting her formally.

Abandoning his original goal, Yuri turned to his old companion and noticed that he was wearing a mischievous smirk, which grew steadily to an outright smile as Niall reached out to Yuri for an elbow shake. During the elbow shake Niall greets Yuri with an enthusiasm he hadn't known since his departure from Syliras almost 2 years ago. "It's good to see you old friend, I see the road has treated you well. It gladdens my heart to see you alive."

"I see the road has been treating you kindly as well, old friend, the last time we saw each other was what... 2 years ago? I am glad you are alive as well Niall, just what have you been up to in the last couple of years? Have you been keeping up with the sword skills I taught you?" Is Yuri's blithe but quiet response after the elbow shake has ended, being conscious of the little librarian and not wanting to draw her almost certain wrath should he shout or talk loudly in the library again.

After greeting Niall, Yuri sets his focus back to the librarian who was still looking at Niall, or rather his Isurian arm I suppose that despite being a Nuit one still has opportunities to learn. Yuri thinks to himself while he observes silently as the librarian slipped her hand into her sleeve as though to rub or scratch an itch before returning her focus back to Niall, like a predator eyed its prey, studying Niall as though there was something wrong with him.
All thanks to Assilsa Curare for the signature.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Threads that need replies: 1/1 (1)
Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Words: 118678
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2013, 4:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Niall Hammerfist on November 12th, 2013, 2:07 am

"I see the road has been treating you kindly as well, old friend, the last time we saw each other was what... 2 years ago? I am glad you are alive as well Niall, just what have you been up to in the last couple of years? Have you been keeping up with the sword skills I taught you?" Yuri said.

Niall shrugged at his old friend as he let his arm fall to his side. “The Broad Sword techniques work well with my arming sword. It’s been difficult keeping up the practice, though. This city is amazing. A day doesn’t go by when I don’t see something new coming in the docks or sold in the market.” Niall smiled again as he shook his head in incredulity while he took in his old Comrade. “Damn the world, it’s so good to see you Yuri. I’ve met some shadowy folk since I arrived, but-“Niall brought a hand to Yuri’s shoulder in amity. “Now that you’re here I feel considerably safer. “ The young Isur let his arm drop again and he motioned to the table the books lay on.

“Please have a seat and join us.” He said, as he casually walked to the table and took his seat. “Vernadel and I are looking into starting a business here in Zeltiva.” He ran a finger down one of the pages of the blacksmiths journal and smiled at the odd trio before him. “I’ve already found some neat ideas to work with here in these books.” Niall said as he turned the page before him and eyed its contents thoughtfully.
Niall Hammerfist
Wanderer

Words: 91202
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2013, 4:46 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous