Sinoa's Dollhouse

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Sinoa's Dollhouse

Postby Sinoa on November 8th, 2013, 4:37 am

Sinoa
I figured I would start one of these up, because they seemed like fun. I don't really know what I'll write here but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

In the mean time I felt like posting a video, as a pycon I feel this video gives me inspiration for new forms I can take.

I love this person, while this particular video is pretty silly there are others that are a little less weird but just as interesting.
I really like this one

Last edited by Sinoa on November 18th, 2013, 5:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Sinoa's Srapbook] ...Because

Postby Quint Caravel on November 8th, 2013, 4:39 am

Can you please double-check the link for the bottom video? Or am I doing something wrong when I click on it?

-- a confused Quint
Quint Caravel
Currently dreaming about you!

Words: 151579
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2013, 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[Sinoa's Srapbook] ...Because

Postby Sinoa on November 8th, 2013, 4:47 am

yah it seemed to not want to be turned into a video so I just made it a link
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Sinoa's Srapbook]

Postby Sinoa on November 15th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Sinoa

I've recently started rewatching an anime I like called Revolutionary girl Utena. It's about a princess named Utena that received a compelling pep talk from a prince after her parents died and decided to become a prince herself. After saving a girl from what Utena believed was her abusive boyfriend she finds herself caught up in duels to determine the fate of the world. It's kind of like sailor moon but more Gay (the correct use of the term) if that's even possible. It also gets progressively darker as the series goes on and the movie is like an acid trip at some points.

Anyway, it would seem that almost every anime needs a weird cute thing that is just there to be cute. In Utena, it's Chu Chu a purple baboon the size of a mouse.

He's pretty darn cute, but doesn't fit with the show very well. He's even shown with other animals and they are all more realistic looking then him. Other Animes and even some western shows have cute mascots that are some times mentors to the main character like luna in sailor moon but often times there for the sake of cuteness. I Played a one shot anime parody larp one time, in this game I played Socha the lesser tea spirit who was the magical guide character for my friend who was playing a morbidly depressed goth magical girl. He told everyone to stay in school and drink lots of tea and when he got made he would thow scones at people.
Secret :

My character Sinoa seems to kind of fall into this category but I want him to develop in his own way and not be the comedy relief or the cute mascot. I'd like her to learn magic and pyken so that he can kick but when he wants to but also give him insecurities and give her a few non comical flaws. I was almost wondering if I wanted to slowly turn him bad but I feel it be to much of a stretch.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Sinoa's Srapbook]

Postby Sinoa on November 15th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Sinoa

I don't always get sick but when I do it's during the first week of a new job (it's just a little cold but it still blows)

Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Sinoa's Srapbook]

Postby Sinoa on November 16th, 2013, 4:42 am

Sinoa

Warning this is a rant about something totally not worth ranting about.

I had a game of pathfinder (its like Dungeons and Dragons but better) it was for a group at my school. The Guy who originally started the group kind of sucks, Lets Call him Perrywinkle. When Perrywinkle started the group he told us about how he'd had experience with tons of different dms, and he was totally willing to teach us all how to run our own games. When Perrywinkle started his game it was clear with in the first 5 minutes that he wasn't very good at it. He put his character into the game, which normally isn't a big deal, but his character was soooooo obviously evil. Perrywinkles alchemist character attacked a crowd of people with needles while a city guard was present and all the city guard did was shrug and go "will some one please take this guy out of our town" instead of ya know, arrest him. Perrywinkles character stole a house and locked the owner of the house in the basement to starve to death and of course the city guards knew all about this and continued to state that our group should bring this psychopath with us to defeat a dragon. I wasn't even sure why we were going to slay a dragon there was no incentive stated at all. I'm not a great dm by any means but this was pretty poor story telling.

Then Perrywinkle didn't show for a week and left us with a list of monsters to fight they were so powerful that there was no way we could possibly beat them. My friend who decided to take his place had significantly underpowered the monsters but we still all almost died and at the end of it we were going to fight a dragon at level one. After the game the group decided we wanted to start a new game with a rotating dm and since Perrywinkle kept being absent we though he just wasn't going to show up anymore.

We made characters for the new game and my friend had a pre-made game he was ready to dm. Two hours before the game was supposed to start Perrywinkle posted that the group meeting was cancelled because he couldn't make it and it confused people so half the players didn't show. Luckily we still were able to play the game with only a few players, which was actually more fun but it was still wicked annoying. I don't think Perrywinkle did it intentionally but after he lectured us on the rules about attendance it be nice if he followed his own rules. Actually it wouldn't, because as I've stated he kinda sucks.

I'm not actually pissed at the guy because this is just a game were playing but it just kinda bugged me. I think my group of nerds and I can teach this guy how to tell a story with some competence, so that he won't suck so hard but it may be a challenge.

Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Sinoa's Srapbook]

Postby Sinoa on November 17th, 2013, 12:34 am

Sinoa

Love Leslie Hall! :)

I just finished the tiny doll I was working on, this is how it turned out.
Secret :

I tend to make larger pieces but they take forever (see below) so I though I could make smaller creations so I could fill my etsy with stuff that is a bit more cheaper. Should I add anything to the little guy? I was going to add a little leaf to his head so he could be like a pikmin ( a nintendo character)

I really should get Sinoa to learn more arts and crafts, I know nothing about playing the flute or dancing.
Secret :
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Sinoa's Srapbook]

Postby Sinoa on November 18th, 2013, 5:44 am

Sinoa

I seem to have this problem with communicating with the males of my family. It seems like when ever we have a conversation it seems to go well for a minute or so before we start talking about things that we have very different opinions on. My Brother and my Dad are decent guys but on occasion they say things that irritate me and I honestly am very hard to irritate. Unlike them I'm a feminist, I try not to be very grrr in your face about it but I believe in the fight for equality. It seem like when I'm alone with my Dad and Brother we some how end up talking about women mostly because were talking about my mom. My mom can be difficult some times mostly due to her up bringing, her side of the family is like an ongoing soup opera that never seems to end. While my mom is no where near as bad as her family, it's hard to get through a morning without her mistaking morning groggyness with being upset about something. I don't tell her to leave me alone or anything rude but if I don't sound enthusiastic at all times I must be upset about something. It's annoying but she really can't help it, I'm certain her mom did the same if not something worse (knowing my grand parents it was worse).

Anyway back to my Dad and Brother, they like to tease my mom on the various things she does which is usually pretty harmless. It starts to piss me off when they talk about how crazy she is and how most if not all women are crazy. I try to get them to not make such hurtful generalizations but I get quickly dismissed by "you're being to sensitive" or "you've never dated a girl so you wouldn't know what their like." these are especially annoying coming from my brother who in the past has made generalized statements about the gay or queer community and once his response to my retort was "you think you know everything about the gay community" I got so irritated I couldn't speak but also realized the argument was pointless.
I would like to point out I don't like it when girls bash men as a whole ether as I know many decent guys also...I guess i'm sort of a guy too.

My Dad and Brother aren't bad guys by any means but I feel I might be better just telling them to talk about something else the next time this comes up, as their is no way we are going to agree. I just wanted to rant a bit because it just made me so angry >__<

some one posted this article on my facebook wall and it was just wonderful. It's about what really goes on when you call a girl crazy and why you shouldn't do it. I think the only women I'm guilty of calling crazy is my mom who I'm just going to call annoying from now on, it's more accurate anyway.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Sinoa's Dollhouse

Postby Sinoa on November 21st, 2013, 5:01 am

Sinoa

I just found a broken steering wheel in a parking lot today, Life is good. :P
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Sinoa's Dollhouse

Postby Sinoa on November 22nd, 2013, 10:59 pm

Sinoa

Found a doll blog fell and fell in love, link here Warning Potentially graphic (some of the dolls are kinda gory)
these are my favorites :

I pretty much like everything on that blog with the exception of a few that are just too creepy for my tastes (And I can handle a some pretty creepy stuff)
On another note I think I'm going to try to focus on Sinoa playing make believe in my posts. I was trying to tone down the weirdness of my character but it kind of resulted in boring threads (at least to me) so I'm going to make my threads pretty weird but hopefully not to confusing. Probably going to confuse the hell out of who ever has to review my posts with my characters gender queerness and the reality versus real life things. To that person I apologize in advance.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes