Solo Things are looking up[World's End Grotto]

Sinoa finds a place to stay and a new venue

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Things are looking up[World's End Grotto]

Postby Sinoa on November 1st, 2013, 5:33 pm

Sinoa

60th day of Fall, 513 AV (Late Afternoon)

After a few cold and wet nights in the streets, Sinoa was sternly told by an authoritative guard of the city that he should get a place to stay or leave. After asking the man where she could obtain a place to stay, it wasn't hard despite the man's rudeness for Sinoa to comply to the guards demands. The Guard gave the Pycon directions in a condescending tone and then left Sinoa to his own devices.
"good bye! it was nice talking to you" yelled back Sinoa genuinely as the man left in a huff with out a response.
Sinoa shrugged and scuttled of to her destination, figuring the man must have had a rough day.

It wasn't very hard to find the place the Guard had indicated, the building stood out because of its unique aesthetic. The building had a very eclectic design that indicated it had possibly been through a couple renovations. Seeing that much of it looked ancient it was probably due to repairs over the time of it's operation. There was a young human women outside the building who welcomed Sinoa in with a warm smile and a pleasant greeting to which Sinoa did his best to reciprocate. Unfortunately Sinoa's smile was more of an odd facial spasm that caught the women off guard for a moment but her look of shock disappeared gracefully as quickly as it had arrived.

Once entering the establishment, A young man at the desk greeted Sinoa with yet another smile "Welcome to Worlds End Grotto, How may I help you..." there was a mild pause as the man struggled to identify whether to add a sir or madam at the end of that sentence. Sinoa took no notice of this and promptly replied "Hello! I'm here to book a room until the end of the season, plan to go to the university next season, I'm going to take art and magical studies"
Sinoa said with great enthusiasm despite his facial features not moving in the slightest.
"oh well that's nice" The man said in a tone he clearly reserved for interacting with children. "so that's 30 days you'll be staying with us? if so that will cost about 6 gold Mizas"
"oh yes! that does sound about right!" Sinoa replied as she took her bag off of her back and looked for his change purse. After talking a brief moments to find the right amount Sinoa nimbly jumped on a chair next to the reception desk and then again to get himself on the counter.
"that should be enough!" Sinoa said while handing the man the money. Sinoa tried to make a smile again with little improvement from earlier.
"Ohhh...well... thank you" the man said with a mild grimace caused by Sinoa's facial gesture.
"Not a problem!" The pycon said as he proceeded to jump of the counter and collect her belongings.
"your room is called Ginger, it's on the second floor" The man said quickly with the intention of ending the conversation as soon as possible.
"Oh thank you that sounds wonderful, Talk to you again!" Sinoa waved as he walked away form the counter, the man hesitently waved back but didn't say anything.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sinoa on November 5th, 2013, 4:37 pm

Sinoa

The lounge area of the Inn had a warm ambient glow of comfort, with a varied group of people carrying on pleasant conversations while some eat dinner. People seemed to forget the nervousness that they've usually shown on the streets lately and this made Sinoa relax, The Pycon couldn't handle anymore of the melancholia that she'd been becoming to expect from the town as of late. Sinoa was hopeful that things would look up soon, if not he could always try a different place.

Sinoa noticed someone approaching a small clearing, it was one of the Akvatari people Sinoa had heard about from one of his Aunt Krario, she had spent some time in the Akvatari's home nation Abura. Sinoa still didn't know very much about their kind as Krario was always pretty vague with her information but it didn't take very much knowledge to tell they were a unique sight to behold. This particular Akvatari seemed to be a women and could almost be considered beautiful if it weren't for the Somber look on her face. The women hovered with the wings on her back which moved so fast they looked like a blur of lilac and cerulean blue. She had short but stylish sage green hair and a seal tail of the same colour. It seemed that she was carrying a Large case with her and when she arrived at her destination she set it on a stool and opened it to reveal an odd looking instrument Sinoa wasn't familiar with.

Without introducing herself or even acknowledging the presence of her audience, The Women rested her instrument oh her shoulder and began playing buy sliding a stick along the instruments strings. While the Song she played had no words it was very clearly one of great sorrow. Every new note that was played seemed to bring on a new wave of emotion that Sinoa wasn't aware he had and he could see by the tears going down a few of the patrons faces that he wasn't the only one. When her song was over she drifted back to her seat, while there was a fair amount of applause the Akvatari seemed to not take any notice of it. Sinoa wanted to show her his gratitude as the Pycon was moved by her song despite it's depressing nature, so he approached her.
“excuse me...” Sinoa called up to her to get her attention.
She slowly turned to see who was addressing her when she didn't see anyone, she went back to talking delicate sips of her slime coloured beverage.
“down here! I Just wanted to tell you I really liked the song you played, what was it called and what was the instrument you used? I've never seen one of those before....oh! I didn't introduce myself, My name is Sinoa what's yours?” Sinoa said Joyfully
“The song I played is called The Eel that bites its tail and I played it on the violin...My name is Yomphys...now please leave me be.” The Akvatari mumbled into her drink clearly uncomfortable with socializing.

[/color]
Last edited by Sinoa on November 19th, 2013, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sinoa on November 7th, 2013, 7:21 pm

Sinoa

“oh...well it was nice meeting you” Sinoa said feeling a bit regretted but he didn't want to talk to someone who didn't want to talk to him. Sinoa wondered if that coup d'tat that everyone was worried about lately was what was making Yomphys so upset. The little pycon got a wonderful idea (at least in her opinion) , If Yomphys's music could inspire the emotion of sadness in people, maybe a happy tune could evoke the opposite in Yomphys. Sinoa scurried back to the counter where the Receptionist was talking with the women who greeted him with he arrived.
“oh Serra, your back you really shouldn't stay out their so long or your catch a cold” Said the Receptionist to the women.

“oh don't worry about me, I'm tough” Serra said nonchalantly “but I appreciate the concern Mendrake”
“Excuse me!” interrupted Sinoa causing the two to look down with surprise. “I'd like to preform in your Inn if that's okay?”
“oh certainly! What do you play?” responded Serra while Mandrake nodded his head and mouthed “don't do it”
“ I play the flute!” said Sinoa with enthusiasm
“well what are you waiting for, get up there” said Serra with a smile as she made a gesture toward the clearing. “lets see what you got”
Sinoa thanked Serra and happily scurried of ready to start his performance.
Mandrake whispered “are you sure about this...that thing is a bit off”
“oh let the little guy try, it can't be worse that that depressing Akvatari” Serra whispered back “I can't handle anymore of her pretentious violin playing”
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sinoa on November 15th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Sinoa

Sinoa scurried under tables and chairs as if it were an obstacle course to reach his destination. When he arrived at the clearing, Sinoa whipped the bag off his back and and retrieved his flute.
Clearing his mouth hole Sinoa addressed her audience.
"Attention! I am Sinoa The Magnificent and I am here to wow you with my Amazing flute paying!" Proclamed Sinoa happily.
Sinoa had heared a circus ring leader use this once and thought it would be a good introduction. Many people seemed startled by the sudden announcement and were confused as to where it originated. Sinoa was far too small to be noticed by anyone past the first row of tables, but those that did notice found it hard to look away as pycons were always a peculiar site to see.

Sinoa put his flute to his mouth hole, situated his fingers and started to play. To inspire himself, Sinoa thought of spring, blooming flowers and the thrill of discovering something new. It wasn't a complicated song he played and had little rhyme or reason, Sinoa just played what came to him. She kept things mostly in tune but every so often a flat note would rear its ugly head but sinoa kept playing and hoped no one noticed. While not as good as a tuning fork, the mushroom antenna on the pycons head resonated with the tune and helped him pick up any discrepancies in the quality of his music. While multitasking is always difficult Sinoa tried adding a few simple dance steps to the performance, most of which envolved lifting on of the arms he uses as legs and trying to move it in a wave like motion and then moving to the next leg.
Last edited by Sinoa on November 19th, 2013, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sinoa on November 19th, 2013, 3:11 am

Sinoa

As the notes pulsed down the clay antenna and made contact with Sinoa's nexus, the Pycon entered an meditative state. In this frame of mind, Sinoa's creativity took hold and she felt cool water trickling from different parts of her body. The water formed small streams and cascading water falls that made their way down Sinoa's earthen body to the stage floor. As the water hit the ground vines sprung to life where the water had fallen. The make believe vines grew slowly with the pace of the music, there colour periodically fluctuation with the tempo. The creeping vegetation, moved up Sinoa's form wrapping around him. buds formed and erupted into vibrant flowers that gently rotated like miniature windmills. The leaves growing on the vines drifted off and arranged them selves into multiple moving halos above the Pycon's head.

Sinoa wasn't really conscious of it, but he was beginning to morph in real life. While not to the same degree as occurs during a Pycon dream. The morphing manifested itself in certain appendages which started to sprout leaves and his mushroom antenna bloomed into flowers. Sinoa was getting more into his dancing as this was going on, while it lacked skill or poise there was definitely a unique way in which Sinoa flailed his many limbs. When Sinoa broke from her music induced trance, She was happy to see that many people were smiling and some even clapped. Although Sinoa's main target Yomphys had left leaving the little musician a tad disappointed but he was none the less happy to find he had been relatively well received.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 23rd, 2013, 9:26 pm

XP Award!

Sinoa:

XP Award:
  • +2 socialization
  • +1 Musical Instrument : Flute
  • +2 dancing

Lore:
  • Worlds End Grotto: Repaired and renovated over time.
  • Akvatari : Uniquely beautiful Unique

Notes Perhaps I was reading it wrong but it seemed that you often referred to Sinoa in your writing as both “he” and “She”. It was confusing to have to go back and re-read to make sure there wasn’t an NPC that I missed. These are comments.
Comments :
Feel free to pm me any concerns with your grade. Don’t forget to edit/delete your grade request..

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)