Flashback The past better left forgotten...

Kyo remembers training with his brothers.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The past better left forgotten...

Postby Kyodaija on August 7th, 2013, 10:28 pm

28th Day of Summer 513 A.V.

Kyo was finally starting to be able to move around again after the incident with the master swordsman several eves before... He was doing push ups on the ground using his right arm only, until he reached 20, where he then switched to his other arm. Pain coursed through the limb forcing him to growl and grunt as he stopped at a mere 3 pushups, eventually collapsing to the ground flat on his back heaving from the pain in his arm.

He would likely be alright in another day or so. But would be unlikely to be able to use the limb to it's fullest for at least another week or so. Despite his usual speedy recovery rate.

He lay back against the wall on the floor of his room... and began thinking back at his life, the thought coming to mind... "I have had a lot worse..."

He dozed off then dreaming of a time in the past where his days were simpler... Yet filled with blood.
Last edited by Kyodaija on November 3rd, 2013, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyodaija
I am the predator, you are my prey...

Words: 68446
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kyodaija on August 7th, 2013, 10:44 pm

5th Day of Spring 486 A.V.

Kyo swung a right hook at his eldest brothers chin, meaning to rattle his brain a bit and stun him. But his brother blocked the blow with his left arm while driving a poweful punch into Kyo's stomach using his other fist. Kyo reeled backward in pain as he nearly lost his lunch from the sheer immensity of the hit. Slithering his way back into a fighting position he heard his father shout from the side of the makeshift fighting ring, "Tighten your stomach when you are going to get hit Kyo!, then throw in an upper from the left at his jaw!"

Kyo nodded at his fathers orders and waded in to his brothers space once again meaning to throw another right hook same as he had before. Again his blow was blocked by his brother easily and still again followed by a blow to Kyo's stomach. Kyo anticipated the move this time and clenched his gut to brace for the impact. It did little to lessen his more powerful elder brothers attack but indeed lessened it.

Kyo as quickly as he could manage swung his left arm forward and up executing a somewhat clumsy looking uppercut. It seemed Kyo's timing was perfect as he not his brother's intense gaze at the approaching fist. In an instant Kyo felt the dull thud of an impact land directly across his temple, knocking him clear to the ground... It happened so fast that Kyo did not even know if he hit his brother or not...

The world was bright around him, and the ringing in his ear deafened him, sparring himself the lecture he was most likely now receiving about proper form and follow through... The world became clear again as he gazed up at his brother whom stood passively drinking water from a large jug that their sister had brought to them.

His brother handed the jug back to the sister and she slithered her way over to Kyo. "Drink brother, drink so that you may continue your training." Her voice was soft and bewitching as it usually was, he truly loved his sister more than any of his other family. Being a rare kind of Dahni that actually had compassion and love in her heart. She was weak for a matron but very strong in Djed, as well as equally quick witted and skilled...

Kyo grabbed the flask and drank deep of the soothing water, wishing nothing more than to skip practice and spend the rest of his day with his cherished sister.

But father walked over then to interrupt the thought...
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kyodaija on November 3rd, 2013, 2:29 am

Kyo felt himself roughly lifted to his feet and swung into the crudely strung ropes that consisted of the ring he battled his brother inside of. His father getting directly in his face looked him in the eyes and said, "No Drinksss for thisss whelp until he can land a clean blow!"

Leaving Kyo where he stood his father exited the ring issuing a gaze at his sister that left no room for argument.

Kyo knew that when mother was not around, father was the final arbiter that determined what was best, and to question him was to question the law. He knew he would receive no drink nor pity until he could land something on his brother, even if it meant going without water that day.

He grimaced and fixed his gaze on his brother, again putting up his fists in a fighting pose. This time he would have to find some weakness in his brothers defense or possibly not get back up off the ground. He flung a right hook again as he had before toward his brothers jaw, which was again deftly parried. Kyo backed away and began swinging his left in a series of jabs, trying to force his brother in the defense.

This proved futile as after the fourth jab his brother forced him to an in fight, swinging several punches at Kyo's unguarded stomach. This was his brothers typical KO pattern he had lost to many times before. So he knew what punch was coming, an uppercut to the jaw with his right. Sure as ever his fist came sailing up toward the jaw as soon as Kyo halted the hits thus lowering the guard from his face. The fist drove its way home crashing into Kyo's chin. Rattling his brain and nearly causing him to lose consciousness.

Kyo in his daze managed to throw out a reflexive left jab to his brothers face. Knocking him backward away from Kyo. His brother startled relaxed as Kyo hit the stone floor of their home having been fully knocked out by the blow.

The world was a blank then. As Kyo drifted off into sleep.
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kyodaija on November 3rd, 2013, 2:35 am

28th Day of Summer 513 A.V.

Kyo awoke in the evening. Apparently in his boredom having slept off the entire afternoon. He shook his sleepiness away and stared at the bed not to far away.

It had been some time since he had last dreamed of his father's hellish training. The bastard had burned his teachings not only into his body but his very soul, causing it to haunt him in his waking hours and those few where he rested.

He stood up then and made his way over to his bed. Laying down on it roughly causing it to squeak a bit at the sudden weight. He lay there for a time trying to think about the dream. Remembering the methods of boxing his father taught him that day.

If he had anything to thank his father for. It was the skill of murdering a man with your bare hands... Nothing more.
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Abstract on November 27th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Grade Awarded!

Kyo

Skills

~ Body Building - 1

Lores

~ Childhood: Simpler

Other

N/A

Notes

I didn't give you any skills for the dreams... considering it was a dream. Also, please try and add more description to your training. I gave the body building point as an exception: try and describe the actions, rather than just saying Kyo did them.

Thanks!

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)