The Thrill of the Hunt (Arundel)

Tsarvik Invites Arundel on a hunting trip.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Tsarvik Lonewind on September 10th, 2013, 1:00 am

9th of Fall,5014

"There she is." Tsarvik said to himself as he approached Endrykas behind him spouted a trail of dust as he sped into the town and through the maze of tents. People were drown in dust and sand as he ran to the athemyst Clan's section of the moving city. "Woah there Nivkir." Tsarvik yelled as he brought the horse to a slow walk as he navigated through the tents and to the Dinos Pavillion. Jumping off his strider as it slowed down to a stop. Hitching his horse and brushing the dirt off his jacket he proudly stepped into the pavillion. Looking around the main room of the pavillion he tried in vain to locate Arundel. When he couldn't find her in the small pockets of people meeting in the room he suspected she was in her private quarters. Approaching a old man Tsarvik said in a very kind tone " Excuse me, where might I find Arundel's room?". The old man looked at Tsarvik and slowly nodded his head "Follow me." the old man hobbled towards a small addon room to the side of the tent and motioned to a small colthe sheet covering the door. seeing motion within the room Tsarvik knocked a wooden support and yelled "Come Arundel, If we want to get done buying supplies and getting on our way by nightfall we will have to get on our way soon."
Tsarvik Lonewind
Player

Words: 6274
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2013, 11:55 pm
Race: Human, Drykas

Postby Arundel on September 22nd, 2013, 8:45 pm

Arundel neatly packed her gear into her yvas bags and backpack - at least what she knew she'd need. She was going hunting with Tsarvik Lonewind, a man she'd only recently met, and it was a very spur of the moment decision. She'd always wanted to go on an extended trip such as this, but her brothers had refused to take her every time she asked. Why had they been allowed all the fun? Not anymore. She'd always envied the emerald clan and their fine animals. Now she was going to see one up close and personal in action. It made her giddy and a little clumsy, from nerves and excitement. This was would be a fine learning experience.

She was taking practically all of her gear, and felt a little comical when she slung the laden down pack onto her shoulders, and picked up her bloated yvas bags. Her mare was tacked up a waiting outside, ready to go. Suddenly, she heard Tsarvik's voice beckon from the other side of the fabric providing her privacy. Arundel cast one last glance across her remaining belongings before rushing out to meet him. "I am here," she stated rather breathlessly, signing the word for greetings. The pavilion was bustling with activity today. All of her family seemed to be about, as well as many close friends of her father and brothers. Too much testosterone in one spot for her. It would be nice to get out and stretch her legs.

"This way," she commanded hurriedly, wanting to be on her way. She motioned for him to follow as she quickly wove her way out of the pavilion. His Strider was waiting near her Seme mare. Easily, Arundel attached her yvas bags to the hooks at Juniper's withers. Then her tent was tied securely behind the handles she barely ever had to use - with the tarp bundled tightly inside its folds with the ground stakes. Her spears were then tied to another hook below Juniper's shoulder. The wooden shafts rattled quietly as she tightened the knots to secure them. Arundel chewed her cheek, eyeing the handiwork. Good enough for now. She looked at Tsarvik, forking a brow. "What else do we need to get? I've got food, my tent, torches, tarp, blanket, bedroll, and some other personal items."
Arundel
Neigh!

Words: 118477
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2013, 8:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Tsarvik Lonewind on September 24th, 2013, 10:55 pm

Tsarvik gave a little laugh at the girl's comment "Oh you obviously never have been hunting little one. We need much more than a tent and some food we will need traps, bait, and the like. You know that you can't just run off into the wilderness and expect to get a bear." Tsarvik said still laugh as he fixed his coat and his hat. "Come on now we need to go to the market!" Tsarvik said as he began to walk out of the pavilion and into the open air of Endrykas.
Tsarvik Lonewind
Player

Postby Arundel on October 1st, 2013, 12:02 am

Little one? Annoyance sizzled through her like a lit fuze. I'll show you little. Arundel grabbed onto Juniper's mane and vaulted atop her back in a practiced, fluid swing. She settled behind the mare's big withers and spun her quickly, pointing her dark head in the proper direction. "Alright. Keep up," she said in a clipped, terse voice. Quickly, she urged the Seme straight into a ground-eating lope. People kept well out of the way as they wove between pavilions and tents. It was common courtesy given to a horse and rider, who were as common in Endrykas as the very grass beneath their feet. Little! she thought indignantly to herself as she bobbed up and down on Juniper's back. Arundel was not a small woman, but she wasn't huge. Average height, but very strong build. She was sturdy and healthy just like someone had to be to survive the life they lead on the Sea.

She knew Tsarvik didn't mean any harm from the comment, but honestly. They looked to be the same age - she hadn't asked him how old he really was - and with the sleeves of her shirt rolled up to the elbow it was easy to see her corded forearms. Not that it was hard to tell under the rest of her clothing weather she was puny or hardy. It was obvious. She was taking too much insult to it though. Taking it to heart. She sighed and slowed Juniper to a walk as they approached the market area, twisting around to see Tsarvik behind her. She braced a hand on her mare's broad rump, leaning her weight on it. "Now you can show me what all we will need." Arundel forked a brow again. "Teach me something." Her eyes were alright with a challenge, and she smiled.
Arundel
Neigh!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Tsarvik Lonewind on October 3rd, 2013, 12:56 am

"Heh quite the fiesty one arn't yah?" Tsarvik said as he jumped off his horse landing with a thud upon the ground. Brushing his coat off with his hat and replacing it on his head he lead Arundel into the market."First things first we will need some arrows quite a few actually Preferably Broad heads, aside from that we will need salt and a vairty of other spices to keep the meet fresh, maybe a keg or two of mead, some rope and a hammer for snares, some deer or rabit meat for bait and maybe a spade for digging pit traps. Don't sound too hard of a challenge eh?" Tsarvik said navigating Arundel through the shops and bazars until they reach a small tent smelling of decaying meat.
Parting the tent flaps you could see the place was infested with files and half butchared aminals lay on sheets of cavanas with files surrounding them. in one of the corner lay a chest filled with rusty metal traps with traces of gore still left on them. Beyond all this gore was a man dressed in heavy fur colthing similar to tsarvik's sitting on a red tarp slowly strumming at a large harp.

"There you are cousin!" Tsarvik yelled at the man who looked up revealing a ragged face covered in scars and tattoos."Is that you Tsarvik!" The man said getting up and embracing his kinsman.
"It's been too long Tsarvik. Haven't seen you since last fall" The man said hugging his Tsarvik harder making it look as if the two were in a wrestling match.
"Yes I know Varati. I've been away up in the mountains hunting." Tsarvik said putting a strange emphasis on the hunting.
"Oh! I see Tsarvik. I am expecting you need th-" Varati stopped mid sentence as he noticed the girl standing behind Tsarvik "Who is that Tsarvik? Finally got a wife?" Varati said sarcasticly.
"No, No Varati not in the slightest it is arundel she is going hunting with me." Tsarvik said feeling slightly embaressed at his cousin's comment.
Tsarvik Lonewind
Player

Postby Arundel on October 16th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Her temper flared again but she quelled it quickly - though just barely. Her teeth clenched to hold back a retort. Instead she chose silence, which was rare for her. Arundel dismounted and followed him closely. His Strider and her Seme then in turn followed him, milling through the crowd easily. This was not an uncommon thing to see in Endrykas. "It sounds easy enough," she conceded to his question. They would find all of these items easily. Arundel saw them often in the marketplace. The Emerald Clan and Drykas people in general hunted often to sustain themselves. Being on the move so much as they were, they had no large crop grounds. Surely they would more things to take along as well.

He led her to a pavilion that reeked of old flesh. Her nose wrinkled and her lip curled. The tent was cocooned in the pungent odor. When she followed him inside, she almost wanted to gag. Flies buzzed and crawled everywhere. On the carcasses that hung and lay all around, and on their own skin. Arundel swatted at the bugs fiercely. Pleasant music filled the air around them, sounding very out of place with their surroundings. She saw Tsarvik's cousin when her companion greeted the big man, and the two of them launched into conversation. Her brows furrowed when attention turned to her.

Thankfully years of proper etiquette kicked in. Arundel managed a smile, signing hello and well met. "We're here for some supplies. I'm Arundel Dinos of the Amethyst Clan." Then quickly emphasized the greeting by signing my pleasure. In the privacy of her thoughts, she was thinking the opposite. How was this place allowed to be so filthy? Surely illness bred here. After all the lives lost already, the last thing they needed was another disease. The Pox had taken enough. Arundel swatted discreetly at another fat fly.
Arundel
Neigh!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taylani on November 29th, 2013, 2:30 am

XP Award!

Tsarvik Lonewind:

XP Award:
  • +1 socialization
  • Example 2

Lore:
  • Example 1
  • Example 2

Notes: These are comments.

Arundel:

XP Award:
  • +1 Organization
  • +1 planning
  • +1 riding

Lore:
  • Example 1
  • Example 2
Notes: These are comments.

Comments :
Not much here, I gave you what skills I could Arundel. You wrote really nicely. Tsarvik, if you come back to read this please keep in mind the more detail you describe, the more actions you describe the more skills you obtain.

As always feel free to pm me any concerns with the grade, and don’t forget to delete/you’re your grade request.

TAYLANI
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)