Solo Wintertime Shopping

Sinoa goes shopping in preparation for winter.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Wintertime Shopping

Postby Sinoa on December 15th, 2013, 5:45 am

Sinoa

1st day of Winter, 513 AV

The powdery snow and creeping frost that Sinoa was accustomed to this time of year had not arrived yet but a mild chill to the air told Sinoa of what would inevitably follow. While the cold didn't bother Sinoa as much as it did the tall folk, she had remembered how stiff her joints had felt last winter form the change in climate. Sinoa wondered if maybe those "clothes" that the humans so frequently adorn themselves with could serve as a means of protection from the elements. The Tall Ones did seem to ware thicker layers the colder it got, maybe they were on to something. The Pycon decided that she would try to wear clothes this year and see what all the fuss was about.

Sinoa walked down the streets looking for a shop that sold what she was looking for. After looking at many different shops on west street, finally spotting a building with a sign that read "Dresses for all Occasions". The Pycon was certain that Dresses were a type of Clothing, so she entered. While the clerk at the store counter surely heard the door open they didn't seem to notice Sinoa's presence. Sinoa scanned the selection but didn't see anything small enough for a pycon.

"excuse me, but do you have anything in Pycon sizes?" Sinoa said to the women at the counter.
"Ah!.." the young human women let out in surprise, clearly startled by Sinoa's sudden appearance.
"...oh..uh.. sorry we do not sell...dresses in your size...maybe try a doll store?" The women said without a shred of sincerity in her voice.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Wintertime Shopping

Postby Sinoa on December 17th, 2013, 7:30 am

Sinoa

"oh..I'll do do that then" Said Sinoa, who had not picked up on the ill intent behind the womens words. Sinoa exited the doors in search of the type of store the women had recommended, after asking a few people she discovered that Dolls were play things for humans. This realization made Sinoa upset but also embarrassed that she had not realized she was being made fun of. Sinoa went back to looking for clothes stores while doing her best to forget the treatment of the earlier establishment. It didn't take long for Sinoa to run into a shop that seemed promising. She only noticed it because of the interesting pillars it had in the front but also noticed clothes on display and decided to investigate further. A sign on the door read "The Saville" and inside sat an older man with a stern looking face.
"Excuse me, Do you have clothes for Pycons?" Sinoa said hopefully
The mans eyes popped open as if to get a get a better look at what he was seeing.
"Oh...Well were a tailor shop so we can make what ever you want, what is it you're looking for? the man said bluntly
"I would like Something to warm...I also like dresses do you have warm dresses?" Sinoa requested with enthusiasm. she wasn't really sure she wanted a dress but it was the only clothes she knew about.
"um...warm dresses...for a Pycon" The man took a moment to ponder "I suppose I have a doll dress I can give you....maybe make you a cape out of some scraps of felt"
This proposition Irked Sinoa a bit and for a moment the pycon debated whether to take it or not.
"can I see the dress?" Sinoa asked apprehensively
"sure" then man disappeared to search his workshop and after a brief moment returned.
"is this to your liking? it will be about 20 gold mizas" The man asked as he held the dress in plain view. The Dress was a wonderful shade of violet with intricate green embroidery patterns along it and long hanging sleeves with lace fringes. It was beautiful and Sinoa needed to have it.
"I will take it!" Sinoa said Cheerfully as he went for his pockets. "how much will the cape be?"
"uh let me think...it guess will be about 5 gold Miza's" The man said nonchalantly. "come back later and I should have it done for you"
Ledger-20GM for dress
-5GM for cape

Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes