PM to join Arabella's Thoughts

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Arabella's Thoughts

Postby Arabella Raine on December 2nd, 2013, 1:28 am

Arabella was awakened by Talia’s tossing and turning in her sleep. She often has nightmares because she was traumatized as a baby. Talia dreams about what her life would be like if she had been raised like regular Kelvic’s. Talia is greatful for Elder A’maki taking her in, but she wonders how her life would be different if she had known her mother and father. She had been left on the shore of the Konti island when she was a baby. Many don’t understand how she survived that long, but elder A’maki just says she made it by the grace of the Gods and Goddesses. Arabella walks outside of the cabana, and she takes a deep breath as the light mist hits her face. She has been practicing breathing exercises to bring peace of mind and soul to her body. Arabella stretches, but is startled by the sound of someone walking up behind her.

She turns to see her grandmother coming out of the cabana. Talia, Arabella, and Elder A’maki all share a cabana, they enjoy each others company, but that’s mostly because it’s always been that way. Arabella was the one who found Talia on the shore when she was first learning how to swim. Talia was in her wolf form, and at first Arabella couldn’t tell exactly what she was. Elder A’maki nursed Talia back to health, and chose to keep her as a part of the family because she was so young. Talia was just a baby, and Arabella was only three. Ever since then Arabella and Talia have been inseparable.

“No sleep young one?” Arabella’s grandmother ask. “No grandmother, no sleep again. I wish the herbs would help Talia sleep better.” Arabella says with a sigh. She closes her eyes as she feels her grandmother running her hand through her hair. Arabella looks up at her grandmother, but for once she takes in all of her features. Elder A’maki has long thick hair that is silver with her age. She has big bright glossy blue eyes just as Arabella does, that’s where she gets them from. She can see herself in the reflection of her grandmother’s eyes. She looks at the wrinkles in her skin, and she thinks about how old her grandmother is now, and how she doesn’t know what she’ll do if she ever loses her.

Her grandmother is taller than her, but she has a stocky body type. Her grandmother used to be very strong and built because Elder A’maki’s husband always tought her different combat techniques. Arabella makes a mental note to get her grandmother to teach her some actual combat moves. The only fighting technique Arabella has is from brawling with Talia. They used to try to teach other fighting skills, but Talia is better built for it. Arabella doesn’t know much about her grandfather except that he died a long time ago. She doesn’t know how though because her grandmother refuses to talk about it.

She only talks about how in love they were. Arabella knows from listening to her grandmothers stories that she and her husband bonded at a young age. Arabella has always hoped to find a mate that would be bonded so deeply to her, but her grandmother discourages love early in life. She has always instilled in Arabella and Talia that you shouldn’t depend on someone else, but Arabella often wonders what it would be like to have a mate.

Arabella stops thinking and looks back up at her grandmother who is smiling at her. “Always take advice from an older woman when she gives it to you. Remember young one, only Talia can decide to work towards filling that empty spot she feels. Talia is a lucky girl, but she has many things that only she can work through. No amount of herbs in this world will help with that.” Elder A’maki says as she winks, pats Arabella on the hand, and walks back inside. Arabella walks to the shore and removes all of her clothing.

She dives deep into the water and swims furiously to work on her techniques and hopefully tire herself out some. She swims through the water for hours before she decides to just float on the surface. She starts praying to Goddess Avalis to give her peace and direction in her life. Arabella floats for another hour in silence while just listening to the night sounds. She loves the feeling of the water gliding across her skin and scales. Arabella soon heads to the shore and gets dressed before heading back inside of the cabana. She looks and sees her grandmother sleeping, and it makes her smile to see her so peaceful. Arabella walks over to her bed and pulls the blanket back to crawl in it, but stops when she sees a small book laying there. She opens it to see a note written on the first page.

Always write down the things and old woman tells you- Love A’maki

Arabella looks up at Talia lying in her bed, and she writes down the two things her grandmother told her just hours before. Arabella places the journal under her pillow, and falls fast asleep.
Last edited by Arabella Raine on December 21st, 2013, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arabella Raine
Live, Love, Laugh, Learn = Life

Words: 9953
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 1:02 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Arabella's Thoughts

Postby Talia Star on December 2nd, 2013, 4:46 am

Talia jerked awake from her dreams once again. She had been plagued by these dreams for many years since her parents set her a drift in the basket. Once the basket fell apart from too much water she swam to the shore in her wolf form only to pass out on the shore. Little did she know that a Elder Konti and young child Konti were on the shore that day studying herbs. The elder Konti, A'maki, picked her up and took her back home.

"No matter how kind my dreams begin, they always torment me," Talia said and quietly jumped down from the higher up hammock she slept in at night. She walked outside as it always seemed to be misting close to the cabana she shared with Arabella and grandmother A'maki. Though Arabella calls her Elder A'maki instead of grnadmother because that is the natural Konti ways; while the Kelvic ways are very family oriented we ache for a family to call our own. This has proven to be difficult for me in the Konti culture.

"It must have been a burden to care for me," Talia said walking out to the forest not far from where they live in the cabana. She knew that Arabella had been up because she could see the tread marks down in the sand. Arabella loved to swim in the water, but ever since that night the water has been a source of torment. Talia sighed gently and hide behind a tree shedding her clothes quietly and changing into her wolf form before going for a run.

Running has proven the best way to calm her down and let her just relax; Talia has been very tense since she first came to Konti Isle. Being in a strange place with others that do not look like you could scare anyone. Talia was thankful to grandmother A'maki and Arabella for taking her into their home when they had every right to take her before the council and leave her fate up to them. Talia slowed down to a walk as she came closer to the forest edge leading into another part of the city.

Talia snorted and turned tail heading back to where her clothes are as the sun began to rise. Talia slowed down as she got closer and shifted into her human form redressing and going inside. She knew that Arabella had to be tired of hearing her scream in pain and agony each night. Though the dreams had become expected; Talia often begged grandmother A'maki to give her anything she could to keep the dreams away. Even with their best efforts the dreams came like waves of a roaring sea trying to swallow her mind whole.
Talia Star
No pain, No gain

Words: 5722
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 5:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Arabella's Thoughts

Postby Arabella Raine on December 2nd, 2013, 5:22 am

Arabella woke up mid-day. "Wow, I slept for a while." She says to Elder A'maki. Her grandmother was in the kitchen cooking a beef stew, probably upon Talia's request. "Yes dear, you did. Talia is outside. I think it be best if you got cleaned up and went outside. She is staring at the water again." Arabella gets up and looks out the back door of the cabana and sees Talia sitting in the sand gazing at the water.

"She wants to swim so bad. She's so afraid though. Her wolf memory of what happened is amazing." She says as she heads to the bathroom to get cleaned up. Arabella gets in a bubble bath and scrubs all of her scales clean. She washes her hair and sits back thinking about the journal she discovered on her bed last night. Arabella sits on the edge of the tub and dries off, and puts moisturizing goo ,her grandmother gets from certain herbs, and rubs it across all of her scales. When Arabella is dressed she heads outside to Talia.

"You can learn if you really put forth some effort." She says thinking about her conversation with Elder A'maki. "I know." Talia says simply as she stares straight out into the water. Arabella sighs and wiggles her toes into the sand. "I can teach you, but you have to trust that I wont let thing happen to you." Arabella says sticking out her hand. "I trust you, its the water I don't trust." Talia says taking her hand and squeezing it before getting up and going inside. Arabella takes a few deep breathes before following her in to the cabana.

"You know we really should go to Syliras and find some exotic items to decorate this place with." Talia says to Elder A'maki. Arabella's eyes light up with excitement as she takes any chance she can to travel off the Konti ilse. "Sure, but don't get to excited ladies. The trip will be for shopping not mate searching." Elder A'maki says giving Arabella a certain look that makes Talia giggle. She rolls her eyes at her grandmother even though it is disrespectful. Arabella takes her bowl of soup even though she is more fond of fish dishes rather than beef that Talia enjoys.

Arabella scarfs the bowl down quickly and goes searching through her clothes for something to wear. She wants to look nice because even though Elder A'maki says they aren't mate searching, anything can happen in Arabella's mind. She puts on her only other shirt which she considers her nice shirt, and stares at her locket necklace in the mirror.

She touches it knowing the pain Talia feels of never knowing her mother and father. Although, Talia's amazing wolf memory allows her to have some memories of them. Whereas Arabella has no memory of her parents. The only thing she has to go off of is what Elder A'maki says.

Arabella combs her curly hair as she begins wondering if she got her curly hair from her father because most Konti have straight hair. Its natural for Konti hair to flow straight because of the constant flow of water when they are swimming. Arabella's hair is extremely curly though. When she was young Elder A'maki considered cutting it short because it gave her trouble seeing when learning how to swim.

Arabella goes back into the kitchen as Talia is eating her third bowl of soup. "Hungry?" She says teasing Talia. Arabella giggles loudly as she tries to mimic Talia's growling at her. Talia laughs at her ridiculous face, and finishes eating her soup as Elder A'maki calls for them to hurry up. They both run outside and walk up to there grandmother as she is staring at the water which you have to cross to get to Syliras..

Arabella and Elder A'maki both stare at Talia when she grips her fist and says, "I'm ready."
Arabella Raine

Character sheet

Arabella's Thoughts

Postby Talia Star on December 2nd, 2013, 6:22 am

Talia's heart pounded in her chest as she once again stared down her greatest fear. Water the one thing that kept her alive but also the one thing that had come so close to killing her so long ago. Talia stood there just staring at the water as her sister Arabella and grandmother A'maki make their way to the water. Her mind told her to suck it up and stop whining like a pup and go face her fears but her body refused to move forward to face the trauma she already endured. "You coming?" Arabella asked before walking back to where she is. Talia knew that she was worrying them but she had to go at her own pace to face her demons. "Give her space Arabella. She must face this demon on her own," A'maki said looking at her granddaughter and adopted granddaughter. "I am coming this will be slow but I will do this. It's time I vanquished at least one demon in my life time," Talia said taking a deep breath and forcing her legs to move towards the water. She physically had to fight the urge to turn tail and run back inside and hide from the water.

Talia stopped just before stepping in the water as her body wanted to throw up at the anxiety and fear rising up in her at the moment. "You can do it we are right here beside you," Arabella said walking up and gently taking her hand to show that she was there if Talia needed her. "What if i can't keep up with you two? What if I get tired and just stop swimming? I do not remember how long it took me to swim here that night. It was too dark and rainy for me to know how long I was swimming for," Talia said as she slowly began to back up with wide fearful eyes. Talia knew that Arabella would not let her run from her fears any longer. "Talia we are here for you. If you need to stop we will find a place for you to stop or hold you up long enough to catch your breath before we keep going child," A'maki said knowing that the fear was starting to get to her.

"You promise?" Talia asked looking at grandmother A'maki. "Yes, child trust us that we will keep you safe from harm," A'maki said and started to walk into the water. Talia slowly starts following Arabella who was giddy with excitement. She gulped lightly forcing herself not to yelp when the water rushed over her foot. Talia grabbed on to Arabella's arm when all of them were ankle deep in the water. "You are doing great, Talia. Look we aren't far from the shore at all but this is a great start!" Arabella said and slowly once again began leading the frightened Kelvic wolf into the water. "I'm scared," Talia whispered to her adopted sister. Talia could face anyone with out fear but when it came to her past she would rather turn her nose up to it and walk away with pride and never admit her fear. No matter how strong she was build by nature or through training nothing would help her face down this demon even the herbs would not help.
Talia Star
No pain, No gain

Character sheet

Arabella's Thoughts

Postby Arabella Raine on December 3rd, 2013, 12:57 am

Arabella breathes in and out many times while squeezing her eyes close together. "You're doing great Talia." She says while gripping her hand slightly tighter. Arabella leads Talia deeper into the water until they are waist deep. She stops and pulls Talia slightly closer. "I want you to swim the whole way while holding my hand. At this point we have to go fully underwater." Arabella says. Talia closes her eyes and Arabella sees her holding her breath tight before letting it back out. "Alright. Lets try this." Talia says as she touches the water with the tip of her fingers. Arabella looks at Elder A'maki and grimaces as they are both scared of what might happen next. Arabella counts to three then her and Talia both dive in the water. Arabella feels Talia's whole body tense up, but she sees her forcing her hands forward in an effort to swim. Arabella has no clue what is going through Talia's mind, but she helps lead her in the right direction. Arabella expected Talia to swim with her eyes closed.

Talia tightens up some but still keeps her eyes closed. Arabella feels Talia start to thrash around in the water, and Arabella pulls her up to the surface. Talia throws her head out of the water, but she has her whole body wrapped around Arabella. "Did you forget that I am unfortunate enough to not have gills?!" Talia yells while spitting water out of her mouth. Arabella cringes, "I'm sorry! Geez give me a break!" Arabella spouts back at her. "Girls! Stop this at once we will never make it to shore with you two acting like this!" Elder A'maki yells at them. "Arabella give me her hand, and I'll lead her myself!" A'maki yells while moving closer to them. Arabella moves out of the way and begins to swim ahead of them, ashamed of her actions. The whole way to Syliras Arabella replays what had happened in her head. She cringes everytime she thinks of her yelling at Talia.

She was trying to overcome her greatest fear, and all Arabella could think of is how she didn't help her at all, and probably just made things worse. Arabella finally reaches Syliras shoreline, and she realizes she is completely alone. She knows nobody, and is visiting a place that she hadn't been to since she was a child. There were people everywhere, and Arabella felt extremely out of place. She didn't see Konti people anywhere. Arabella climbs out of the water and sees humans everywhere. She couldn't help but stare particularly at the males. They all looked so tough. Arabella started wondering on to the land, and she realized people staring at the reflection light gave off of her scales. She smiled as she realized she could use them to her advantage. Arabella stared as a older human woman walked up to her, not looking her in the face. "Excuse me dear, what is your name?" The woman asked. "Arabella. Arabella Raine to be correct." She replies to the woman with a slight giggle in her tone. "Arabella." The woman says slowly while smiling. "It has a ring to it." She says as she reaches up and touches Arabella's hair. "Dear my name is Lauri. I'm a nurse here in the town, and I was wondering if I could buy one of your scales from you?" Lauri asks her. "My scales?" Arabella says as she looks down at them quite puzzled. "Yes dear, your scales. They can be used in many medicines." Lauri says to her. "I'll give you 5 golden rimmed mizas for two scales." She offers. Arabella looks at her with big eyes and quickly agrees.

"Right this way." Lauri says as she leads her into a small wooden cottage. Arabella stares at the cottage in amazement, it seems so small and closed up compared to the cabanas on Konti Isle. Arabella follows Lauri into a small room where there is a bathtub and sink similar to her own. "Sit on the edge of the tub dear. Prop your foot up here." She says and points to the sink. Arabella sits her foot on the sink and watches Lauri as she pulls out a small knife from her pocket. "Hold still." Lauri says as she slices to scales off of Arabella's left foot. Arabella screams in agony as she has never felt a pain so bad in her life. Lauri reaches up and slams her hand over Arabella's mouth. "Shhh shhh it'll be over in a minute." She whispers in Arabella's ear as she strokes her hair. Arabella wimpers in pain as she watches her skin slowly healing. Lauri lets go of her mouth and Arabella instantly reaches for her foot. She rubs the spot where her two scales are missing as the pain slowly fades. "Why didn't you tell me that would hurt so badly?" She asks. "If I had told you, you may have chickened out." Laurie says as she places the scales in a bag. "I'll be on my way now." Arabella says as she instantly distrusts the woman. "Thank you dear." Lauri calls out as Arabella takes her money, and rushes back out of the house.

Arabella walks outside and begins running towards the town center. She wishes she had been a better judge of character and regrets letting the woman pay her for her precious scales. She is in tears as she hears her name being called. Arabella turns around and sees her grandmother and Talia. "There you are!" Elder A'maki says as she embraces Arabella in a hug. Arabella sobs loudly and crumples to her grandmothers feet. "I'm sorry grandmother, i'm sorry." Arabella says as she holds her grandmother as close as possible.
Arabella Raine

Character sheet

Arabella's Thoughts

Postby Talia Star on December 3rd, 2013, 1:35 am

"What happened? We got to shore and couldn't find you any where," Talia said and shook her head to get some of the water out of her hair. Talia looked up at her confused as to where Arabella had disappeared too and why she was in hysterics. "A lady paid me to buy my scales," Arabella said hiding her face in her grandmother's shoulder while crying. "Why did you let her buy your scales? If enough are bought you will look just like a human," She said looking at her sister and grandmother. "Never leave our side while here on the mainland," A'maki said looking at her granddaughter knowing that she couldn't tell the difference between who will harm her or not unlike Talia who has that ability by nature. "Yes, grandmother," Arabella said raising up gently sniffing and smiles when Talia gently wipes her tears away. "No need to cry any more little pup," Talia said with a playful smile.

"You may need to hang out with me some so you can see what you look like to those around you. This is our first time off the island so you are a fish out of water literally because your scales are all shiny. I look like a human who swam over with you guys. Naturally no one would go up to grandmother A'maki and ask to buy her scales because of her age and the way she presents herself. She demands respect without getting loud and in your face about it, that kind of presence comes with age though. Since me and you are new off the island we appear to be more gullible. We really have to watch ourselves while here," Talia said gently taking her hand with a smile and walked with their grandmother to find some more stuff for the cabana.

Talia hears music and quietly pulls Arabella away from their grandmother as they see a musician playing in what appeared to be in the middle of the city. Talia smiles brightly as she got the urge to "shake her tail" as the Kelvic's call it when one of them wants to dance to the beat of a type of music. "You okay?" Arabella asked looking at her worried that she was going to do something dangerous. "Yeah just fighting the urge to dance," Talia said as the Konti sing but the songs are very solemn and calm nothing energetic to dance to. "We can dance when we get home!" Arabella said as she enjoyed dancing to the slower Konti music compared to this street fair music. "But the Konti music doesn't have a beat that you can just lose yourself in when you want to get away from everything," Talia said looking at her while pouting.

"Come on Talia before Elder A'maki sees that we are missing and forces us all to go back home empty handed," Arabella said starting to get nervous as the young Kelvic before her fights to keep from dancing like a mad woman. "Oh fine but I want me and you to come back some time and just relax and have fun," Talia said with a smile before paying the man a few mizas and heading back to find their grandmother. "I see you two ran off again," A'maki said sensing the two girls come up. "I wouln'd say ran off more like went adventuring!" Talia said trying to word it so that they didn't sound like a couple of crazy people running around like little kids in a candy shop trying to decide what kind of candy to buy.
Talia Star
No pain, No gain

Character sheet

Arabella's Thoughts

Postby Arabella Raine on December 3rd, 2013, 4:25 am

Arabella looks at every male she passes on the street fighting the urge to talk to them. She sees Talia watching her gaze and this makes her smile. "Grandmother, I really am sorry for selling my scales. The woman told me they use them for medicine." Arabella says questioning why she had been raised around herbs, but never heard this concept before. "Yes young one, they can be. Your scales are extremely valuable though, and never to be sold. Luckily for you the spots scabbed over quickly. Hopefully the scales will grow back soon. It's completely against our Goddesses will to sale our scales like that. It's such a degrade to our Konti culture." Elder A'maki says before walking into a small shop. Arabella immediately goes to the starfish that were displayed in the window seal.

She picks one up, and she places it in her hair. Looking at herself in the mirror she is please with her beauty. She smiles as she places her hand over the locket, and puts the starfish back down. She helps her grandmother pick out some vases and other items to decorate the house more. Talia and Arabella are left to explore more as Elder A'maki goes to fresh fruit and vegetable stands to buy some food and herbs. Talia can't hold the urge in anymore and she starts dancing to the music. Arabella giggles loudly and walks up to the musician. "Mind if I play?" Arabella ask the man. "Please, ladies first." He says with a wide grin. Arabella giggles and sits down. She feels the instrument out, and she sees what all noises it will make. Once she has figured out the tunes she starts playing a sweet Konti lullaby.

Everyone in hearing distance turns towards Arabella and listens to the sweet sound. She starts singing lightly and thinking about how her grandmother used to sing to her at night time. When the song ends Arabella stands up and she receives a round of applause. "Beautiful song." The man says sweetly. "Thank you, I'm Arabella." she says to him grinning like a child. "Arabella." The man repeats it slowly just as the Older woman had earlier. Arabella looks down for a second then back up at him. He had big soft eyes, but Arabella didn't want to be fooled twice. "Yes, Arabella." She says smiling and walking off.

Talia giggles at Arabella as she knew the man wasn't dangerous, but she doesn't say anything because they had already both been in trouble with there grandmother, and she would be furious. Talia cringed at the thought of crossing the water again, but she knew she could do it. It would be late when they got home, but maybe she would be tired enough that she would sleep better. Arabella sees Talia thinking and gives her hand a squeeze.

They finally catch back up to Elder A'maki who has bought plenty of food. "Come along girls." She says while walking back to the shoreline. When they get to the shore it I nightfall, and Talia is nervous. "Don't worry, you'll be fine." Elder A'maki says more stern than the first time they crossed the water. She wants Talia to face her fear with more courage than before.

Arabella is summoned to go ahead with the food, while Talia and Elder A'maki cross at a slower pace. "Don't be afraid sweet Talia, you have already conquered this fear. Don't let it get to you anymore. It's all in your head, only you can decide when you stop being afraid of it, and when your going to stop letting it control your life." Elder A'maki says as she starts stepping into the water. Good for her, Talia follows behind.
Arabella Raine

Character sheet

Arabella's Thoughts

Postby Talia Star on December 3rd, 2013, 6:09 am

"I know I have grandmother," Talia said gently following after her closely still really nervous about it, but she would not be undone by the water after already successfully crossing it once. She fought the urge to whine as some humans walked by and started laughing at her fear of the water "Come young one," A'maki said gently taking her hand and walking out into the water with her. "Am I doing god?" Talia asked gently needing that reassurance. "Yes, my sweet Talia you are doing beautiful," A'maki said looking at the young Kelvic knowing soon that she and Arabella will want to find mates. They were getting close to the appropriate mating age though Elder A'maki was unsure of what would happen to Talia if she were to mate; she knew exactly what would happen to Arabella, the same thing that happened to her mother. "Why are you so hard on Arabella about finding a mate?" Talia asked looking at her curiously since they would be a while before getting home.

"I do not want her to get hurt as her father did when she was mated with," A'maki said knowing the young Kelvic girl would not say anything out of turn. "So her father was a mate and run kind of guy huh?" Talia asked looking at her grandmother. "Yes, he was," A'maki said as she never told Arabella that her father had just been with her mother that one night then left. "Are Konti women used that way all the time?" Talia asked as they swam along home. "Konti only have female offspring my dear so that our race does not die out," A'maki said looking at her. "Oh so no matter what Arabella would have been born no matter who the father was?" Talia asked with a smile. "Yes, ma'am she would have," A'maki said looking at her, "you look like you are trying to hide something what is it?" Talia looked at her, "don't tell Arabella that I told you this but when we ran off the second time, we found a musician and they really got a long her and the male musician I mean. He was really sweet I think he may have really liked her, and I know she liked him." A'maki sighs gently.

"This is why I did not want you two to go to the main land," A'maki said looking at the young girl she had raised and was currently swimming back home with. "I didn't tell her that the guy was a actual good guy because I knew you would be upset," Talia said looking at her. "Good, I will tell her when I believe she is ready," A'maki said as they got closer to the shore. "There she is," Talia said with a smile seeing Arabella waiting on the shore for them. "Let us rest this conversation for another time my child," A'maki said as they slowly got closer. "You two took forever," Arabella said with a smile as her sister and grandmother arrived.
Talia Star
No pain, No gain

Character sheet

Arabella's Thoughts

Postby Arabella Raine on December 9th, 2013, 11:26 pm

Arabella smiled her way through her curiosity. She knew that they had been talking about something they thought was none of her business. She intended to try and figure that out later. "You look like your doing better with the water." Arabella says as she smiles at Talia. She knew she was still struggling, but she was glad that she was now brave enough to get in the water. "Thanks." Talia said smirking at her. "Maybe one day we can race." Arabella says with a giggling tone. "Eh, maybe." Talia said back to her, not fully listening...

All that night Arabella watched Talia and Elder A'maki. There seemed to be a weird atmosphere between them all. Arabella went swimming and stayed in the water until Elder A'maki went to sleep. Talia had left to go running and hunting. Arabella's curiosity took over and when she made her next lap she didn't turn back. Arabella swam for an hour or so until she reached the shore of Syliras. All Araberlla had been able to think about was the man who had let her play the harp. She walked to the town, and began looking for him everywhere she could. Arabella retraced her steps by starting with Lauri's house. She shivered as she remembered what had happened there, and she kept walking.

Arabella shivered in the cold as she walked until she found the spot the harp was at. Arabella was saddened when she saw that the musician wasn't there. She crutches down to the ground and runs her hands across the spot where the harp had been standing. Arabella stayed in that position and listened to the night sounds of the main land. She was in a daze lost in her thoughts when she heard leaves crutching behind her. She held her breathe as the person got closer to her. Arabella was afraid to move because she didn't know who or what was behind her and she had little to none combat skills. Arabella's heart started pounding harder and harder as the steps got closer. She was certain now that the footsteps belonged to a person. Arabella started shaking and when she felt a cold hand touch her back she immediately let out a loud sharp scream.

Arabella had tears streaming down her face as she started to get up and run off. A hand covered her mouth to muffle her screams, and no matter how hard she jerked she couldn't break free. She slumped down crying as she realized she was fighting a losing battle. Arabella shook and didn't make a sound. She was waiting on whoever had her to hurt her, but all she heard was the sound of someone shushing her as they slowly dropped there hand from her mouth. Arabella turned around quickly and didn't know what to think when she saw the musician. "You scared me!" Arabella shrieked through her tears. "Shhh, be quiet or you'll wake the whole town." The man whispered back to her. "Come inside child." He said walking over to the building closest to him. Arabella didn't know why, but she trusted him not to hurt her. Plus he was the reason she was even here.

Arabella walked inside of his cabin, and she saw the harp in his living room. She smiled weakly at it. "Sit down." He said while walking into his kitchen. Even though Arabella didn't like being called a child or told what to do she sat down anyways. She listened as he was in the kitchen doing something. Arabella rested her head until he walked into the living room. He stared at her for a moment before raising her head up and taking a seat. Arabella had dozed off, but was wide awake when his scent filled her nose. She sat up and looked at his eyes which were bright and blue. "My name is Kyle." He said staring her down and not moving an inch. Arabella couldn't help her self. She smiled brightly at him, and tried not to giggle as he gave her a sloppy grin. "May I ask, what you were doing?" He said to her. Arabella has to catch her breathe as she was so mesmerized by him that she forgot where she was even at.

"Um, I was uh looking for you actually." She decided to be honest with him. "Me?" He said back to her slightly puzzled. "Yes, I wanted to see if you had anymore intruments. I love music." She said looking down at her lap. Well I have a piano in my bedroom, but besides that I just have the harp." He said looking at her. "I love the harp. I love all instruments." She says with her naturally bubbly tone. She got up and walked over to it. Arabella sat down on the bench and slowly played the same lullaby she had before. Kyle listened to the music for what seemed like a lifetime before he got up and walked to her. Arabella felt him sit down behind her and he put his arms over hers. He slowed her fingers up some and showed her different tunes.

They played music together without breathing a word. After Kyle finished showing her different songs he dropped his hands down by her sides. Arabella felt him touching her long curly hair, and she tried to hide the shiver that went through her body. Arabella held her breathe as she felt him pull her hair to the side revealing her neck and shoulder. She leaned into his body when he kissed her slowly on her neck. It felt like fire had run through her, and she bit her lip to hold back any noise. Arabella was instantly bonded to this human man named Kyle.
Arabella Raine

Character sheet

Arabella's Thoughts

Postby Talia Star on December 15th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Talia returned home and laid down wondering where Arabella had gotten too. She was scared that something had happened to her sister as she whined gently out of habit. Talia had formed a sisterly bond to Arabella when she was very young causing her mind to almost stop in time and stay at the age she bonded at. She couldn't sleep no matter how much she tossed and turned, so she got dressed and went to the shore to find her sister's tracks leading to the water. "She went back to the town!" Talia said and looked around something to help her get across the water without her having to wake her grandmother. "Oh grandmother will be so upset!" She said not wanting to get Arabella in trouble but knew that she must alert her grandmother. "Please don't hate me," Talia said quietly and went to get her grandmother. "Grandmother," She said gently shaking her awake. "What is it child?" A'maki asked looking at her. "Arabella has not returned home. I went to see if she was relaxing in the water again but she wasn't there. I'm worried something happened to her," Talia said looking at her. "Okay child give me a few moments and we will swim over to the mainland to see if she is there," A'maki said and waved the young Kelvic away so she could get ready.

Talia went to get her backpack before they left. "Come along child we must go find your sister," A'maki said as she started to walk out of the cabana they had all shared. "Grandmother?" Talia asked gently walking with her. "Yes child?" A'maki asked looking at her. "What if she found someone to bond to?" Talia asked. "Then she may stay, and you may decide if you will return with me or go find your own mate," A'maki said looking at her. "I see," Talia said worried about what would come of them now. "Come child stop fretting and let us go find your sister," A'maki said taking her hand as for the third time this day they would swim over to the mainland only this time it is to find Arabella before something terrible happens to her.
Talia Star
No pain, No gain

Character sheet