[Verified by Crosspatch] Ruvyn Toten

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Ruvyn Toten

Postby Ruvyn on December 17th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Ruvyn [Ruh-vin] Toten

Race: Ghost (human before death)
Birthday: 30th of Spring, 97 AV
Birthplace: Syliras
Titles and nicknames: Sentakushi No Nai [without a choice]
Yūrei O Uragiru [betraying ghost]
Dāto Yogore [dirt smudge]
Ake Me [red eye]

Appearance

General Appearance

This is how Ruvyn generally looks. He has violet eyes and scruffy looking black hair swiped to the side in a hurry. He likes this look, he enjoys it. It suits him, in his opinion, though it is way different from when he was alive. He stands 1,75 metres tall in this appearance, a perfect length for him. He is rather slim, which he prefers above the slightly chunky appearance he had before death.

Appearance Before Death

It is rather rare to find Ruvyn like this, because it resembles his childhood before he had died. It is not how he loves to look, but this is more casual and sometimes necissary. The blue eyes and blue hair stand out. In this form, he is rather small compared to his general appearance. He now stands only 1,70 metres, too short in his eyes, though it doesn't matter much being a ghost. In this form, he is not slim not tall, but a bit chunky, though not full of visible muscles, since this is not Ruvyn and he will never be.

Insane Appearance

This happens when Ruvyn is very angry. His violet eyes will turn a bright red colour. Apart from that, he looks the same as in his general appearance. Regardless of that, I would still watch out for him. He will lose his self-control and therefore will be very dangerous. Normally in this state, his body will tremble and he will float a tad bit higher above the ground than normal. You will also be able to see deep wrinkles appearing on his face, painting that of an old man.

Character Concept

Ruvyn is a... Maybe you could call him an odd person. He has some weird traits and manages to get himself in trouble only by speaking. This has happened to him before and talking with him about that seems like a horrible idea. He does not like Kelvics due to a happening in his history. Ruvyn believes that they are animals, and due to his hatred for animals it is logical for him to hate Kelvics. He doesn't care about them, and being a family member or firend of a Kelvic would be certainly horrible for both him and the Kelvic. Only friends and family are that important to him. He lived by the rule 'mind your own business, and not others' and so he will not try to mind someone else's business.

Ruvyn never really bonds to someone easily, both due to hurted trust and common sense. Everyone keeps dying while I live forth, so why bond? Why care? Why make friends? You'll miss them anyway. In his first, say, 100 years he even less cared about people. If it was not his problem, he wouldn't mind. It was for them to solve. Later, Ruvyn realised some people could simply not do this on their own. They needed help and there was no one to give that to them. Then, he changed his mind and tried his best to help others. Something clicked in his mind. It was the right thing to do.

Ruvyn changes continuously. He has three different personalities and therefore, he has three different appearances. In his first personality, he is a bit of the smart guy trying to make sure everything goes like he wants it to (so he's sure it can't be done wrong). In the second, he is more mystique and dangerous. He will not just murder around like crazy, but in this case he is a dangerous mix of intelligence and anger. He can be very mean when he is like this, as well as he enjoys other's fear and hurt. In the third, he goes completely mad and cannot think about what he does. It just happens. Ruvyn just says it's in his genes to do that.

Ruvyn's personality changed over time however, and he has now become an extremely bipolar person. He has ever been afraid of others getting mad at him and hurting him, but as of Summer 513 these feelings have grown stronger and extremer. Before, the ghost would sometimes hold up a mirror to the person dealing with, but now he contantly does. It's safe. One cannot get mad at him without hating themself, but it brings bad things too. Ruvyn has almost forgotten his own personality. His feelings, his morals, his being. This is a struggle for him every day and he can't escape the fear of history repeating itself again.

History

Ruvyn's history starts when he was born. His father wasn't your... Dream-father. No, he was far from it. Whenever he would be angry, at least one person would get hit. Ruvyn got used to it. There was not a person who got spared in the whole household. As you can imagine, Ruvyn didn't build up such a strong bond with his father as he did with his mother. Everyone knew it would go wrong, once, that he would go berserk and... It was almost too horrible to think about, but it happened. One day, you could hear someone being beat up again, but instead of the normal sight of seeing someone stumble out, it stayed quiet. His father had murdered the first of many yet to come.

That morning, Ruvyn woke up a tad bit confused. It was a mess and there were not as much sounds as normal. The floor, the walls, even the ceiling was smothered with blood. How it came up there, Ruvyn had no idea of. In the corner Ruvyn could recognise a shape that had been their pet. Poor Syli. Turning his head away, Ruvyn tried to get hold of what happened, or, what was happening. He closed his eyes and opened them again, but this was real.

He was curious if Shiyami was still alive. And his mom. And Syli, but she had been... A click of the door disturbed his thoughts and with a shock he turned around. His father was there, with a big knife in his hand. He was smothered with blood, like the house and the corpses. Ruvyn had known this, but it was hard to realise. Frozen, his father came closer and bent down to then pierce his knife through Ruvyn's chest.

When Ruvyn woke up, he didn't understand. It was still bloody, but his father had killed him... He did know of ghosts, but they only stayed when they had something to fulfill. Cautiously, he floated around the house, looking for someone, but he didn't find them. A bit sad, he walked towards the door. There, he could see a small Kwan Dao he had seen before but wasn't able to touch it. It looked very interesting and... Deadly. But that was not the most interesting. It shone and he could see his own reflection clearly. It flickered. Shrugging, he carefully took it with him and then turned his back on his 'home'. For the first time in his life, he left this place he was born and raised.

Where to go? Startled, he floated away as far from 'home' as he could. Ruvyn took his death rather personally. This resulted in something snapping in his mind, a certain anger. Every time something happened, if it was good or bad, it flared up until Ruvyn couldn't hold himself anymore. He lost his sanity, like his brother and his father. Ruvyn luckily didn't do too much harm, instead of other humans, he killed sheep and cows. This didn't fulfill his needs, but there was no one close around. When he had cooled down, Ruvyn made sure nobody ever would have an unfair death as he did. Sure, it was a bit dreamy and unrealistic, but he didn't want to fall back into his boring ways of.. Watching again.

His last 300 years of existence, he has been trying to make sure there wouldn't be such people around, but he has never found his father or anyone else from his household. It would be crazy to go and search for them, since they would be dead and the chance that they would be ghosts was very small.

Languages

Fluent language: Common
Basic language: -
Poor language: -

Skills

Skill XP Total Proficiency
Materialization [RB] +10, [SP] +10 20 XP Novice
Soulmisting [SP] +20 20XP Novice
Possession [SP] +20 20XP Novice

Lores

Obtained in.. Lore
Starting package: Geography of Syliras
Culture of Syliras

Possessions

Complete List
-Kwan Dao
-Eating Knife
-Wrist Razor
-Small Chest
-Blank book
-Quill
-Ink (1 oz vial)
-Short Sword

Heirloom
-Kwan Dao

Weaponry
Starting package:
-Kwan Dao
Bought:
-Wrist Razor
-Short Sword

In Chest
Starting package:
-Eating Knife
Bought:
-Blank book (Journal)
-Quill
-Ink (1 oz vial)

Heirloom: A Kwan Dao (or Kuan Dao), worth 25 GM.

Housing

Current place of living: Nowhere, housing is traded in for 500 GM, but Ruvyn is now heading towards Sahova.
Housing: None.
Housing package: Traded in for 500 GM.

Ledger

What? How much? Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Trading in housing +500 GM 600 GM
Wrist Razor -65 GM 535 GM
Small Chest -1 GM 534 GM
Blank Book -3 GM 531 GM
Ink (1 Oz Vial) -1 GM 530 GM
Quill -5 CM 549 GM 95 CM
Sword, Short -10 GM 539 GM 95 CM

Thread List

No threads yet!
Last edited by Ruvyn on March 24th, 2014, 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
x
Normal text | Thoughts |"Speech" | "NPC speech"
Sahki | Mamusha | Eniyu
Calendar | Plot Goals | Relationships | Character Sheet | NoteSorry, but my posting speed has been limited to about half as quick as before due to school. Please bear with me if it takes a week or so. Replies are posted quicker than new posts. Thanks

"A keeper holds the lastly light,
Who heed and guard with centuries sight.
With vigil mind and steady heart,
That fend the world of eater start.
And long till youth of fading dust,
In life that scorch with crumble crust.
Towns that reap, humans be ash,
Before the age of time to stash."

x
Ruvyn
Dirt smudge

Words: 16208
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2013, 7:36 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Journal

Ruvyn Toten

Postby Ruvyn on January 25th, 2014, 1:23 pm

x
Ruvyn - Character Development

WIP

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Ruvyn Toten.

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
A pet name? Ha. No, not really. I've been called 'dirt smudge' a lot though. I have no idea why.

3. How old are you?
416 years old.

4. What is your height?
If I float up a little, I'm bigger. Also, my appearances differ in height.

5. What is your weight?
Ghosts don't have any weight.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
A fluffy, cuddly Bear Kelvic. No, I see myself as just being me. A bit of an odd ghost, I guess.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
Either scary or they think I'm mentally crazy. I'm not though. I'm perfectly normal.

3. What is your favorite body feature?
My eyes, I think. When they're purple. I look good with purple eyes.

4. How physically fit are you?
Tough question for a ghost, since I don't have a physical body anymore.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
A bit quirky. I like classic black cloaks though.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My mom was nice. My dad.. Well.. Let's not talk about him.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I think I do. I kind of forgot. Three or four or something? But they are all gone now, for sure.

3. What is your extended family like?
Do I have any extended family?

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
If I had any close friends, I'd consider them as more important, yes. Sadly everyone passes away so quickly.

5. Do you treat animals like family?
Yes. No. Depends. If they are Kelvics, heck no. Other animals aren't family for me. Maybe when I grow attached to them.

Syliras. I think.

2. Where do you live now?
On my way to Sahova.. I'll probably stick around there.

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
I don't know. I haven't seen the world yet.

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
I don't have any vacations.

5. Where do you fear to be?
I don't know. Are there such scary places?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
As I said, I don't have a physical body anymore.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right handed.

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I only speak Common, and I have no idea if I have an accent. Apparently I speak it very well and I speak politely towards others.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Oh. Yes. You mean poltergeisting? When I find someone's way of walking annoying I normally walk after them, immitating their walk. It's a lot of fun to do. ..unless you get caught.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
Sadly, I can't.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
Don't have any and don't remember having one.

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
As above.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
Happy. I would be happy and I wouldn't need to worry.

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
Mercenary. It seems tough.

5. What occupation do you least like? Why?
Bartender. The smell....ugh.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
The fallout-boy.

2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
Don't really remember that. Playing with Shiyami?

3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
Let's not talk about that.

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
I liked my mom, but..my dad, well... Next question.

5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
Didn't have one.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
   2. Do you like/dislike learning?
   3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
   4. How do you learn best?
   5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
   2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
   3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
   4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
   5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
   2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
   3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
   4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
   5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
   2. Do you like to read?
   3. What annoys you more than anything else?
   4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
   5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
   2. What is your favorite time of day?
   3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
   4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
   5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
   2. What are your religious views?
   3. Would you be able to kill?
   4. What are your views on sex?
   5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
   2. What is your greatest regret?
   3. What is your best/worst memory?
   4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
   5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
   2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
   3. What makes you happy?
   4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
   5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
   2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
   3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
   4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
   5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
   2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
   3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
   4. Do you care what others think of you?
   5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
   2. What is your greatest weakness?
   3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
   4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
   5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
   2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
   3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
   4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
   5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
   2. What is the best part of life?
   3. What is the best part of death?
   4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
   5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
x
Normal text | Thoughts |"Speech" | "NPC speech"
Sahki | Mamusha | Eniyu
Calendar | Plot Goals | Relationships | Character Sheet | NoteSorry, but my posting speed has been limited to about half as quick as before due to school. Please bear with me if it takes a week or so. Replies are posted quicker than new posts. Thanks

"A keeper holds the lastly light,
Who heed and guard with centuries sight.
With vigil mind and steady heart,
That fend the world of eater start.
And long till youth of fading dust,
In life that scorch with crumble crust.
Towns that reap, humans be ash,
Before the age of time to stash."

x
Ruvyn
Dirt smudge

Words: 16208
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2013, 7:36 pm
Race: Ghost