Open Where Strangers Meet

Iskessah returns to Ravok after nearly a year of absence.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Where Strangers Meet

Postby Kit Rowan on October 5th, 2013, 12:01 am

x
Kit had been counting on knee-jerk violence, and being thwarted was enough to make her bare her teeth, a little darkness seeping in around the edge of her vision for a long moment before reality snapped back into place, and Kit raised a hand to her forehead, rubbing at her temples with her thumb and muttering something under her breath.

While Hat could not see what Iskessah saw, there was a quiet danger in her posture, a snake flaring its hood, that he could still perceive. "Come on, Delvin," he said. Standing straight up and giving Iskessah an indignant look. "We're clearly not welcome here." The fat man began to scramble to his feet, and in a flash of fear Kit realized that if Iskessah was watching as he did she would likely see as the false dagger phase impossibly through the floor.

Kit grabbed Iskessah's arm and shook her, as aggressively as she dared, trying to turn the woman's attention from the man for long enough for her to cut the glamour off without it being noticed. "Thanks for that," she said, as the two men stood and stalked out of the room with their noses in the air. Kit gave Iskessah a shaky, nervous smile. "I didn't know how I was going to get out of that."
Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Where Strangers Meet

Postby Amolina on October 15th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Amolina danced on, doing the same steps Alice Lark was doing. The young man Joshry seemed to be shy and not at all used to perform in public. Amonlina had been on stage many times however, not dancing much, but acting. To her it wasn't embarrassing.

Alice Lark smiled at her - a kindred spirit maybe. Amolina took the opportunity to dance closer to Alice and ask her if it was possible to get a few dancing lessons now and then. "I don't know of anyone else to ask for it miss Lark and I really would like to learn more about dancing."

She turned around and danced back to Joshry again. So...how was it going with the brawl ...Perhaps there wouldn't be a brawl after all. The situation over at the thin girls table had looked tense, and it was maybe not over yet, but the men that had bothered the girl were leaving now.

Oh...the thin girl grabbed Joshry's dark haired friend and shook the woman ! Amolina glanced at her silent and shy dancing partner. She danced on...

OOCLike we agreed already, you can skip over Amolina's turn and let the interaction between Iskessah and Kit unfold first. It's still like that. Then again, just to not be consequent, today I felt like writing something short here to help keep this alive :)
Amolina
Player

Words: 327287
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 8:07 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Where Strangers Meet

Postby Iskessah on November 15th, 2013, 7:19 am

Iskessah's eyebrows went up slightly, but not at the retreating men. She was confused at the girl's expression of thanks. Rather than accept it gracefully, she said with the contempt a disappointed person might use, "Next time, defend yourssself. You make usss all look weak." Feeling she has wasted enough time on strangers, she looked around for Joshry. She had trouble finding him until she happened to glance at the stage. What was he doing up there?

Now that the danger has diffused, Joshry felt free to focus on the pretty lady in front of him. He was still completely unused to dancing, and just sort of shuffled his feet awkwardly, not even in time to the music. He tried his best to strike up a conversation, but what few wits he usually had seemed to have deserted him. "So, uh... you come here often?"

OOCApologies all for the time it took to produce something so unworthy ^^;
Iskessah
Player

Words: 140537
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 12:09 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Where Strangers Meet

Postby Amolina on November 24th, 2013, 5:29 pm

Just like her somewhat distracted and not too dedicated dance partner, Amolina had kept an eye on the crowd while she danced. The dark haired woman was looking around, pehaps for her dancing young friend, but she seemed to still linger near the thin girl.

Her dance partner had said somehting to her ... Amolina stared at him blankly while she made a few more dance steps and tried to move the same way Alice Lark did. She had been trying to catch Alice's attention for a while and make her agree to a dance training date.

Now... Alice danced towards here again with a smile on her face. "I'm not a dance teacher exactly. But sure, you can learn a bit from me, or at least we can have some fun ... you would be better ..." Alice rolled her eyes, making a gesture towards her own clumsy dancing partner and Joshry and it was clear that the barmaid didn't find any of them so talented.

"I will seek you out now and then when you are free then" Amolina said, while she did her best to follow and make a series of small jumping steps just like Alice did. She felt satisfied. It had been a usual evening in the tavern, but a good evening as she had made contact with Alice Lark and was going to meet her again. Who knew, they could perhaps even learn to know each other.

But now she needed to answer the young man she had dragged up on the stage. She had forgotten his name. And she had no idea what he had said, but she assumed that it was something like a conventional pick up line of the most simple kind ... that was what people like him used to say.

It was definitely time to put and end to it. She had not intention to encourage him to go on. For her it had only been a practical thing to bring him with her and enter the stage. But you can't say that to people, so she smiled and said "No I don't come here often. I was only in for a quick drink, and to see if there was something going on tonight." Still smiling she led him of the stage again and back to his table. "Thanks for the dance. I'll leave now. Perhpas we'll meet another time ... I believe your company is perhaps coming back soon, or else you'd better go and see if she needs your help. "

With this she took her leave, moving through the crowd and out throught the door.

OOCI'm on a short break due to writers block, and this is the last fall thread I haven't completed for Amo. So I thought this a good and natural place to end Amolina's part in this thread. Might give her a few points in dancing :) I'll post again in the winter season, but no more in fall.
Amolina
Player

Words: 327287
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 8:07 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Where Strangers Meet

Postby Kit Rowan on December 6th, 2013, 10:26 am

x
Kit felt another rush of hate, but this time, THIS time she managed to quell it. She released her hissing rescuer's arm and slid back through the crowd, not longer so bothered by the dancers that had taken the floor; it wouldn't be hers tonight. Kit wanted, needed out! Before she conjured a new glamour that risked getting her caught and exposed again.

She extracted herself through the door and marched across a flimsy platform out of the ship-bar and onto the streets, keen to find some high, safe road where she could be safe from the slow onslaught of people.

oocAlso short. But . . . There really wasn't anything to do, except get out of there. Sorry it took so long.
Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Where Strangers Meet

Postby Iskessah on December 6th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Iskessah mentally shrugged as the girl left, not particularly concerned with the child. Really, she'd only intervened because those men's actions had been bothering her. And now Joshry was returning from the stage he'd run off to, and they could continue catching up, hopefully without further interruption.

OOCLooks like everyone's gone their separate ways :) I'll go ahead and turn this in.
Iskessah
Player

Words: 140537
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 12:09 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Where Strangers Meet

Postby Abstract on December 20th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Grade Awarded!

Iskessah

Skills

~ Observation - 1
~ Unarmed Combat - 1

Lores

N/A

Other

-8gm

Amolina

Skills

~ Dancing - 1
~ Observation - 1
~ Seduction - 1

Lores

N/A

Other

N/A

Kit

Skills

~ Observation - 1
~ Intimidation - 1
~ Tactics - 1
~ Acting - 1

Lores

N/A

Other

N/A

Notes

It was a good thread, but there was little to give... I found nothing for lores at all, hence why you guys got none :)

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous