Completed [Bronze Forest] The Kill.

Mara rides out in search of a good kill.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Forest] The Kill.

Postby Mara Fikes on January 11th, 2014, 9:36 pm

Mara tilted her head at the man, His hysterical laughter drew a smile to her face and she lowered head, Laughing some of her own. " How entertaining this day has been.
"
She lifted her head back up then shook it. Light condensation tainted her breath through the fabric. As he spoke she shoot a look over to him and noticed what he was trying to do and played along, " What would make you think I'd every hurt something? "

That of course was a lie, Even her simple clothing would show that. Not to mention the blood splattered bows in the back of her quiver. Lifting her eyebrow she tried to show sincerity but that was quiet difficult. Now it was getting clear, His position.

The more rocks he threw the easier it got. Slowly looking for something that stood out against the bright snow and dark trees.
Mara Fikes
You feel strength in the experience of pain.

Words: 17185
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2013, 12:54 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Medhozic on January 12th, 2014, 1:35 am

He couldn't really understand what game they were trying to pull. If either of them really moved from their place, a small blind spot between the thick of the trees that made it difficult to move anywhere past the edges of the tree without coming into an unhindered line of sight, he'd be able to line up a shot from the edge. More importantly; if they were really opposed to a group of possibly a few fighters, were they really so stubborn as to try and simply laugh their way out? Some of these humans he honestly couldn't understand for that very reason - the sheer arrogance, as if they earned their lives.. but he would not take those from these two. Not today - he was outnumbered, and he had lost the element of surprise. Now came the tactics and the negotiations, the things that these humans always followed. And the careful, critical thinking into just how he would escape this situation. "I am not interested in walking out while you have your weapons raised. Do not think that I cannot see you." He could barely, but their outlines were easy to distinguish and a rock thrown far to the left followed by a peek around the right of the tree gave him some idea of what he was up against. It actually insulted him. "I see the blood on your hands, girl. I am not stupid. Lower both of your weapons and remove the arrows from them and I will do the same." He could peek from the edge of the tree, towards then both with narrowed eyes before turning away again behind his shelter.

"If you do not, I will shoot your horse." He didn't know how he would live up to his threat and still avoid being attacked the moment he left the confines of the tree before it dawned that he could climb it, potentially, and then shoot from there. Or simply notch an arrow and let it fly in a quick twist around the tree lip. "I have no interest in harming you or stealing anything." Originally, he was regretting his earlier decision not to shoot one of them, but now he just didn't want to be near them at all. What had led to this.. just walking nearby, it shouldn't have happened. And if it ever did again, he'd make sure to hit the mark. A shoulder or in the leg, he'd shoot them first rather than reveal his place. And now there were two idiots ganging up on him, one with the common sense of a squire and the other with the brain of a frog, both standing up to what could have easily been an entire group of thieves, murderers or worse, obviously armed and potentially with the intention of killing them, enslaving them or doing unspeakable things.. yet they had a horse, and weren't fleeing. He could tell one thing - they would both be dead by the end of the season. They had as much common sense as a pair of Zith.

"My Speech." | "Your Speech." | "Hypnosis."
Medhozic
Player

Words: 187261
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2013, 7:59 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on January 12th, 2014, 2:08 am

Sei took another few steps forward. He laughed again as the man - defined by his voice - spoke. He knew the attacker could see them, so he was just stating the obvious. He smirked and laughed louder, and lowered his weapon. He motioned for the girl beside him to do the same. He stopped laughing, and pointed directly at the man's position. He then laughed again and spoke.

"No use hidin'. Now that I'm closer I can smell ya! I'm Sei; Sei Tendo. I'm a Kelvic, and your dead if you think that you can fool me any longer AND if you think I'll let you threaten a lady!" He yelled. He glared at the man even though he couldn't see him. "There's only one of you, and your location was revealed by my nose! Give up, and come out!" He said smugly.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Mara Fikes on January 12th, 2014, 3:46 am

As the unknown man threaten her only hope of leaving this area and one of her few gifts as child. Now she remained silent and Mara slowly lowered her bow until it was pointing into the snowy earth.

Of course that wasn't her only weapon but for now that was her most dangerous weapon. Mara was rather wise. She kept her sly comments and boasts to herself so she would be able to surprise later in the night if it was forced to that. Without hesitation she spoke, Almost out of conduct and she tried to keep her voice without the shaking of fear freezing in the cold.

"- It's getting late. We'd never make it back to civilization before chills take over. "
Taking in a deep breath she slowly uncovered her mouth now showing her distinct and vibrant features. " I don't care who either of you are. As long as I feel fire, Burning my body or warming it; I do not care."

Now she was hungry, upset, and tense. You could now read her cold emotions as condensation tainted her warm breath. There was nothing stopping her now from leaving to find warmth, Even if the meant a arrow in her back. The conversation between the three of them was getting tenser and tenser within a few moments and it would only take one to take action and lead to a blood bath.

Crossing her arms she fashioned her bow to move with her arm. Her lips were pursed slightly with frustration and no longer wished to wait. Mara in the wilderness, Outside of Syliars was a walking explosive, Quick to anger and quick to react.
Mara Fikes

Character sheet

Postby Medhozic on January 12th, 2014, 11:24 am

Finally given the chance to leave this place, he didn't hesitate. The bow was lowered, the arrow replaced in his quiver and the weapon slung around his shoulder with the drawstring pressing against his chest and the wooden limbs alongside his leather quiver. One hand idly hanging on the Kopis, he slung back from the hiding place of the tree and didn't look towards either of the two as he walked between them - the only thing he was interested in was collecting the arrow still embedded in the tree. That, and ridiculing them both. He didn't care if they saw his marble skin, the two thick horns tapering back to points at the back of his skull, or the rather dirty white shirt and grey trousers unsuited for hunting.

"What did you both hope to achieve with this idiocy. You have wasted valuable time attempting to get yourselves killed." He didn't turn back, but one hand dug into the bark of the tree, and the other into a small crevice that he used to latch to the trunk and begin a steady ascent. "If there had been more than one person, you would have been surrounded and killed if they so wished it, yet you did nothing but stand and fight as if it would have saved your lives at all." The first branch he found was balanced upon precariously as he leaned over the edge and plucked the arrow from its hold, ans replaced it in the quiver. Only then, did he return attention back to the two below.

"You are hunters, aren't you. Novices with little skill in tracking your prey, or trapping them." First he turned to Sei. "You are a Kelvic, yet you laugh loud enough to scare away the prey from this area and you shout like you want to wake a bear." Then to the girl, Mara. "You bring a horse hunting, as if the deer will not be scared away by its heavy hooves long before you reach it. And as if you have the talent to catch a fast-moving deer while at full gallop on the back of it." His eyes narrowed especially at her. "Go home and take the horse. It will be doing yourself a favour. You can give the Kelvic a ride, and stop wasting your time and annoying many of the other hunters trying to make a living."

Medhozic
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Mara Fikes on January 13th, 2014, 9:09 pm

Mara did not care for what the once hidden man's appearance was, She was interested in the words he spoke. " If I'm correct you were to one interrupting a conversation that was bound to be over in the at much longer. " She glanced at Sei then back at this man. She began to step away from Sei, Leaning over she grabbed the leather reins on her horse but something made her stop.
Something that angered her so. Pulling the scarf lower she growled, " You think I'm a bad hunter? You think I cannot do the things you preach as you could actually do? "

Letting go of the reins she gave Flyod a harsh push to and he did as commanded, Shifting slightly away. Slowly she took the bow and snatched another arrow, Waving the arrow she narrowed her eyes, " Why not show me what you can do? After all. " She scoffed and placed a hand on her hip, " You know all am I not correct? "

This was a challenge, His archery skills against hers. Pausing for effect she sighed, " But of course, That would annoy hunters. " Rolling her eyes she added slowly after. " And we don't what that now do we? "
Mara Fikes

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on January 13th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Sei nearly exploded. Him? A bad hunter? He was about to blow up in the guy's face when the woman beside him did it for him. He kept a firm, slightly harsh, grip on his longbow. He noticed she was challenging him, and refused to be left out. He let out a huff of air and nodded. "It would hardly be our place to disturb you with a challenge that would make noise." He said, turning away. He growled and mumbled something to himself.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Medhozic on January 14th, 2014, 7:04 pm

His eyes hooded, and his face darkened with hidden emotion under her threats and jibes. "You would have me believe that you ride on the back of a heavy, loud horse and still find prey.. and shoot them from the back of your heavy horse." If she was telling the truth, it would be quite a feat; he guessed that it would not be true though. There would not be many able to do such things - he lacked the wish to meet them, because they were considerably more dangerous.

Why not show me what you can do? "You are childish. Your pride wounded, by someone you have never seen before in your life and yet you still try to prove yourself to them." Yet, it earned some measure of respect - something the Kelvic had yet to receive. The branch wobbled as weight fell from it and landed carefully on the one below, and from there to the floor as he studied her for a long chime. Up close, she seemed somehow more able.. bold, obviously. Rash in her decisions, quick to jump a trigger.. but that was just room for improvement. Perhaps she was not as stupid as he though, but she certainly wasn't one of the smartest. There would always be things that held her back; considering on telling her these things another chime. "If you wish to prove yourself, though, I will not stop you from doing so. If proving yourself is more important than hunting, or finding your way home by the fading light."

Syna had faded over their little intervention. The long shadows of the empty trees entwined with each-other into confusing shapes, broken only by a dim glow in the far distance that could only be the sunset. He swore that somewhere in the distance, there was some odd howling noise, crossed with a snarl, though it could have just been the winds or simply his imagination. If they were lucky, no wolves would find them during this little show of bravos. If not, then they would prey that the horse could carry three, or the Kelvic was at least adequate in whatever understanding of wild animals that he had to stop them. Or that the glowing wolf would come to their aid for a second time. It was little to base ones hope on.

"If you truly wish this, you will have to be quick. Use this to make a target." The kopis hung at his side was lifted with one hand, while the other pulled back the short-bow from around his breast to prepare it for showing the two what talent he had. "I will let you set out the rules, or whatever it is you wish." She wanted to see what he could do, here was her chance. Unless she had something else in mind - though what else that could be simpler, he couldn't know. At least he'd learned something from today - he wouldn't be shooting arrows at others in the Bronze Woods unless he was going to kill them. Next time, he'd throw a rock at their head and drag them out by their ankles himself if they found them trespassing.

Medhozic
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Mara Fikes on January 18th, 2014, 12:29 am

Mara followed him closely, Her eyes attentive and cautious yet her ears failed to listen as there was a slightly disturbing sound of what sounded like a animal but it was far to distant to tell for now. This drew her attention to the tree line, Yet again finding herself of track with the matter on hand. Tearing her green eyes from the unknowing sounds she placed her eyes back onto this man. Mara took in a deep breath and released it saying, " Only one rule, Do not distract. " Silently enough she made sure her arrow was in the position, Ready for action. For a minute or two she thought to herself. I could shoot this mad right here, Straight for the heart. But then she was slightly more concerned of her broken pride and wished to prepare it before she got into the plotting if necessary.

Tentatively she extended her hand and placed it on the handle of the kopis and slowly took it back, Eyeing him then she shot a glance over to Sei. Slowly she took in a deep breath, Backing up she wasn't ready to turn her back and with the knife in hand she felt around with the blade until she was able to feel the roughness above her skin. Moving to the side of the tree she took her eyes of them one minute and marked the tree, A decent sized X was carved poorly. Then above it she simply stabbed it into the dense bark and twisted it until there was a manageable hole for all sizes of arrow, Which ever was chosen.

That's when she heard the crunching of snow of in the distance but it was close. Now Mara took her gaze off of them both. Slowly she got into a stance, Ready for fire. Taken by surprise there was the reddish haze of a few pairs of eyes. How could they not have heard them? Surely their paws would have come across something or they required communication among themselves. This were unearthly.

A snarl signaled the attack and so did the sound of a arrow striking thick flesh and fur. As she did so she was pushed out of her comfort zone. " Get down! " She called and turned to her right and pulled back on her bow and with a deep breath she struck the first wolf. The arrow was close to hitting the man but instead he got lucky. Everything was happening so quickly. Another one came in from the left and she didn't have the chance to reload her bow she unhesitatingly Mara jumped back and the black pelted mammal leaped for her face, Blood stained teeth ready to sink into her warm flesh but Mara was not ready to accept that fate. Bringing her bow to the right of her, turning it sideways she whacked the wolf's thick ribs and it rolled into the dense snow.

Their tactics? Come in from all sides if possible.
Mara Fikes

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on January 19th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Sei was about to make a remark when the woman beside him yelled for them to get down. He immediately shifted to cover her back and readied his longbow for a strike. Admittedly he wasn't even close to being skilled at it, but he would have to make due with what little weaponry he possessed. He snapped into attention and noticed they were surrounded by wolves. How nice... He thought sarcastically. He brought his longbow shakly upward to nose height, and released an untrained arrow for a wolf that leapt at him. If the wolf hadn't come so close, he would've never made the shot. As it was, it whizzed through the air, narrowly piercing the animals neck.

He didn't like the way this day was going. He had had enough of this day, and was ready to just storm off and leave. Unfortunately that wasn't an option at the moment since leaving alone would only result in his death. He had every intention of leaving these woods alive.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext