A Courier's Notebook [ Samuel's Diary ]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

A Courier's Notebook [ Samuel's Diary ]

Postby Samuel Blackwell on August 20th, 2010, 4:00 am

After only a few moments of wandering in Syliras,
Sam found a dark and lonely corner to sit down. Her head swam in a foggy sea of homesickness and culture shock.
She pulled out her notebook and decided to make her first entry to help clear her head...

I've made it! After my long journey from Zeltiva. The journey seemed so much shorter on paper. It's still so surreal - this is the farthest from home I've ever been. If it weren't for the fact that my body is beyond fatigued from the journey I'd be so excited right now. I'd be exploring the bazaar, seeing all the new faces and races of people. I'd be marveling at the architecture and art. I might even of found a small out of the way place to do some sleight of hand performances. But I'm under more stress than just physical fatigue.

After only a few moments of trying to navigate this new city I've become extremely homesick and emotionally fatigued. The weirdest thing is that most of the city is inside an enormous castle. Every time I take a turn I expect to see sunlight. It never comes though. This has already taken it's toll on me after only a few chimes, how will I be able to make a life here? I miss the sun reflecting off the ocean, I miss the sound of the surf, and most of all I miss the salty air. I keep unwrapping my fathers book because it still smells faintly of the sea.

I wish my father was here with me now. I miss him.

That's enough introspection for now. I need to dive back into reality as my grumbling stomach and dry throat have so handily reminded me. That's all for now.

Samuel Blackwell

Samuel Blackwell
The Dissatisfied Courier

Words: 11177
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:47 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet